1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Too Game??? is there such a thing?

Discussion in 'APBT History' started by Bobby Rooster, Jan 3, 2010.

1. Bobby Rooster

Bobby Rooster CH Dog

In your opinion can a Dog or Rooster be TOO Game???????

Please keep the discussion civil, kind, mannerly and respectful even if you strongly disagree with someone outlook and opinion on this subject matter, remember there is no Wrong reply for personal preferences, the proof is in the pudding and if someone does something totally different than you, ITS OK it doesn't effect the dogs on your yard.

Thank YOU!

2. feastodg

feastodg Big Dog

no such thing but there is such a thing as lack of intelligence which cold cause serious issues

3. ohpitbulls

ohpitbulls CH Dog

i dont think so

4. Naustroms

Naustroms CH Dog

I agree here. I don't think you can have a dog thats too game. But if you have a animal with all game and no brains it'll either be dead quick or retired early.

A lot of terrier men talk about this with their patts, jrt, etc... They don't have much use for a dumb plug when out hunting because all they'll be doing is digging dead dogs from the earth all day.

5. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

hell no they can't be too game. there's a lot of folks too stupid to not know a gamedog when they see one.

6. Bobby Rooster

Bobby Rooster CH Dog

Would "Not Caring" = "Dumb"?

7. magnoilaotis

magnoilaotis Top Dog

No this is the very essence of the dogs without it they aren't apbts to me. The gamer the better.

8. Bobby Rooster

Bobby Rooster CH Dog

magnoilaotis I didn't ask if Gameness was a necessity or not, we can ALL agree that a Gameness is what makes our dogs apart and that IT IS essential.

9. ohpitbulls

ohpitbulls CH Dog

dead game is not even to game in my book the gamer the better

10. magnoilaotis

magnoilaotis Top Dog

I was just trying to say give me a deadgame idiot over an ace anyday of the week. Gameness is the hardest trait to breed for in my humble opinion. Nobody claims the redboy strain to be the best, but it is the most popular outcross. Why you may ask because they are known extreme gameness.

11. labulldoger

labulldoger Top Dog

yes i know what you mean those red boy dogs ive had seem to have that gene. that will keep hunting on four broken legs,

12. c-murda

c-murda Big Dog

No. I definitely don't feel you can get "too much" gameness. And the trait is so hard to reproduce consistently that it should be highly valued and preserved.

13. Bobby Rooster

Bobby Rooster CH Dog

magnoilaotis - Gottcha, point taken :)

14. magnoilaotis

magnoilaotis Top Dog

But don't get me wrong I want my dogs to have all the tools. I wouldn't go deep into the woods with a deadgame, clumsy dog with an angelsoft mouth.

15. ohpitbulls

ohpitbulls CH Dog

Lol said well

16. PurePit19

PurePit19 CH Dog

I don't think a dog can be too game. But I do believe a dog can be to game to risk in a hunt. If that makes sense, game is a trait we all love, so if I have a real game, game dog I would try to preserve the genes as opposed to hunting multiple times. JMO

17. magnoilaotis

magnoilaotis Top Dog

I hear you once they have proven their worth what's the point unless you have that once in a lifetime dog. Then I would hunt him to his hearts content. You only get better by facing better opponents.

18. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

i dont think a dog can ever be to game, now a owner can be to game aka a moron.

19. kane85

kane85 Top Dog

i have herd the term stupid game from some dogman with some red boy stock but that dose not have nothing to do with it being game but the dog not being smart is a big factor

20. shortbedder

shortbedder Big Dog

Gameness can only be displayed, when the dog is not working you can't see it. When
    the dog is working there can never be to much.