1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

too much biking?

Discussion in 'Sports & Activities' started by genevieve, Sep 11, 2008.

1. genevieve

genevieve Big Dog

My dog was looking awesome about 3 weeks ago. Now the female that he used to play with has a new home. I have also increased the amount that he is running next to the bike. His springpole was out of commission for a couple weeks as well, but is back up now.

I feel like the combination of things has made him very lean but that he is losing muscle.

Should I cut back on the biking? Or should I continue with the biking and just make sure he is getting on the springpole every day? I want him in top shape for the ADBA nationals- hope I have time to get him where I want him.

Also, how much should weight pulling play a role in conditioning?

I guess part of the question is what do I want more, a lean ripped dog or a more muscled dog?

Thanks!

2. chinasmom

chinasmom CH Dog

Have you got a recent pic?

3. genevieve

genevieve Big Dog

He is amazingly hard to get good pics of. I took a dozen plus the other day and this is the closest to being able to see what he looks like. He is not at all fat (can see 5 vertebrae and last 5 ribs) but this pic makes him look like he has a gut. It's the best I have though. Damn black dog...

[​IMG]

Everyone tells me he looks great, but I want him at his best.

Genevieve

4. genevieve

genevieve Big Dog

Here are the rest anyways...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Genevieve

5. maximusflys

maximusflys Big Dog

You should have been on the other side of him with the sun on him. It's hard to tell with the shadowing.

6. genevieve

genevieve Big Dog

Thanks, I will try and get new pics this weekend.

Genevieve

7. TripleJ

TripleJ CH Dog

I think your feed is the isue, I will pm you a feed keep.