1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Tough..hard...dogs...??

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by BLUE8BULL, Jul 30, 2014.

1. BLUE8BULL

BLUE8BULL CH Dog

I'm sure some have experienced,just how tough bulldogs can be,,well a friend off a friend many years back..?,, was con; his hound for a race..everything went well and then bang it got to the last week..and the dog stopped eating,so he brought it to the vet well he was found to have a cancer/tumor the size of a tennis ball in his tummy..nothing to do except put to sleep...a few years before we had another simaler thing happened, last week stoped eating/etc...turned out his lower intestine was rotten from a piece of rubber or plastic he ate who knows where/when..we got him operated on..and hoped for the best,,the vet went in next morning and found him trying to drag himself to another patient while dragging drips/etc.he died a few hour's later...both these hounds worked 8-10 weeks shown no signs of what was wrong..it don't matter how long your with bulldogs...their GRIT will never cease to amaze .....food for taught...sure others have their experiences.......??????????:(

2. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Well blue I'll help your thread with a story.I had a little female got cut pretty bad by a hog and we had her on the tailgate of the truck and my buddy was working on her...We had some young guys with us and we had killed the pig and they were going to throw him on the back of the truck..I said don't do that she will catch the dam thing again and they didn't believe it..Well yes we had to break her off the dead pig.They are some gritty dogs .

3. olddog

olddog Big Dog

Back many moons ago, I owned Am. Staff.s and Pit Bulls. One of my Staffs (a 65 lb. female)who was very food aggressive, climbed out of her kennel run and jumped on my little 28 lb. female house pit to get her food. In the ensuing fight my house dog got a firm head hold and hung on but was shaken and beaten on and against many foreign objects on the back porch. When I finally cornered them and broke the little one off the big one I tried to pick her up over my head. The staff. jumped and got a leg hold that was complicated by my lifting upwards. My little house dog limped around looking all sore, swollen, and pathetic, barely able to move and get around. I felt sorry for her and let her out the back door with her fussing and hobbling around w/o a lead. She spotted her Staff. adversary, and shot across the back yard like a bullet !!! Grabbed the staff. by the nose and bit down. I had to pry her off w/ the Staff. screaming and crying trying to get away from that miraculously healed little devil. The A.K.C. show that the staff was supposed to be in the following weekend was out as her nose looked as though it had gone through a meat grinder and she had a hole through her tongue and into the roof of her mouth. NEVER TRUST A PIT BULL NOT TO FIGHT !!!

Olddog