1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

tractor tire for brood box

Discussion in 'Products & Equipment' started by bulletbredkennel, May 3, 2009.

1. i was wondering if anybody has ever used a tractor tire for a brood bod and if so how did u like it, i got a little due in 10 days and i just got me a tractor tire, a buddy of mine told it was good and do i'm going to see if it works for me

2. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

I get the Plastic Laundry tubs from a hospital bleach-clean cut a half-moon out the side for the bitch to get out! and Wall-La! the bin is around the 2.5'' wide, 3-3.5' tall ,and 5' long, and indestructible and easy to clean out side and hose it! Cedar in the bottom! I have used newspaper but don't like the ink on the pups!

I will post a pick when i get it out of my buddies back yard, he has a whelping Kennel in his back yard 10' x20,and 12' tall I'll get a pic of that too;)

3. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

4. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

check the original poster of this thread!!!!!:mad: he was unprepared for a 9yr breeder!!:mad:

5. mseebran

mseebran Big Dog

not just unprepared, but downright stupid and negligent. someone that damn careless shouldn't even have dogs let alone be breeding for 9 yrs.

I like the hospital laundry tubs Buck. What is that you've lined it with? My wife, her mom and her sister work at the hospital here.I also know one of the maintanence men who been there for a long time.I got the hook up:D

6. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

i have a shop washer for my shop clothes so the first few days had them on motel blankets from the local thrift shop and changed every 8 hrs.(no chocking hazard ). then horse shavings(cedar) once they got bigger towards 3-4 days old

and i got the tub from a friends folks that used to breed Black Labs he her dad worked as the maintenance guy brought one home that had a bum wheel.!
    You could pressure wash the toughest pup poop off, and not ever damage you tub!;) extremely sanitary no pores to absorb bacteria!

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2009
  7. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

A Sawz All (reciprocating saw)works great to cut it, but mark in marker so you don't go crooked "looks nicer in the living room that way!!;)

8. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

9. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

http://images.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=http://www.nighteyesfarms.net/puppybox.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.nighteyesfarms.net/kennels.html&usg=__lfxCpTAbt0PlIh8HJRmS37VyYoY=&h=492&w=655&sz=124&hl=en&start=139&tbnid=f4_utzWa81pW-M:&tbnh=104&tbnw=138&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dwhelping%2Bboxes%26gbv%3D2%26ndsp%3D20%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN%26start%3D120

kind of a neat whelping box if you set it up in your garage and wanted a run out side for them! for the protective mothers, when Buck's Deuce had pups she would welcome you to keep the pups busy for 5 min. so she could to eat and stretch!:D

and this i found It looked sweet!!!
    http://images.google.ca/imgres?imgu...ping+boxes&gbv=2&ndsp=20&hl=en&sa=N&start=160

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2009
  10. mseebran

mseebran Big Dog

Do you use the full size sawz all (the big boy)? Ever tried the smaller reciprocating saw? The one I have is air powered and you are able to make more precise cuts. I am an autobody tech, so I use it to cut and trim etc. I know how the the big sawz all can be really noisy and tend to have a little too much brute force if the blade catches.

http://www.autobodytoolmart.com/pc-...atic-heavy-duty-reciprocating-saw-cp7900.aspx

they are really lightweight and you'll be surprised how many different things you can use them for.

11. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

I have a Snap-On one , all my tools are Snap On or Blue Point. and they work great , i just didn't own the tools I have now before when I made it !!, if you use the big saws-all , use a metal blade they make a better cut in the plastic!;)

work with what you got eh!

we build custom motorbikes(I'll post some pics of a few that were build here!), and the occasional deer smash in a
    buddies car cause we are set up for cars too!
    Lifts and all!

have a scissor lift for sale too!;) i think its 9000 pound lift weight, $1000 pump and all, getting the new style. it's not compatible with our infloor radiant heating. have to put too many bolts in the floor! the new style have 8 bolt for 2 poles with retracting arms. there nice !;)

12. mseebran

mseebran Big Dog

that's a hell of a deal there buck!!:D