1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

treadmills illegal??

Discussion in 'APBT History' started by bulldog426, Nov 30, 2007.

1. bulldog426

bulldog426 Big Dog

due to health reasons i can't really walk my dogs, and run em like i use to, so i was thinking about building a treadmill, and today i told a friend of mine i wanted to build one, and he said it's ilegal, was just wondering if it was true, i've never really heard that before.

2. Suki

Suki Guest

nah, they're not illegal, but people: insurance co.'s, L.E. officials, nosey neighbors, etc., all seem to deem them as "fighting paraphanalia (sp???) and will therefore try to "associate" you with actions of that nature.

if visible, people just seem to deem a tread mill as something bad, instead of something which is actually great for a dog, if time constraints, medical issues, etc, are an issue for you.
    sucks, huh?!!!!:(

EDIT to add: at least i don't THINK they're illegal everywhere...?...

3. bulldog426

bulldog426 Big Dog

ok, just making sure, was planning on putting it out of site so the neighbor's don't think i'm training a killer, gas getting too expensive to use my truck to walk em

4. JC-Pitbulls

JC-Pitbulls Top Dog

You could use a bike or walk, if you are worried about nosy neighbors

5. M Joubert

M Joubert Pup

The best advice is to check your local laws and ordinances. I'ld start at your county court house.