1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Trying Something New For The First Time

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by wardogkennels, Dec 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wardogkennels

wardogkennels Top Dog

It's been about 10-12 years since I have had a litter of pups. Alot has changed since then. I just had a litter of pups that were born 12/9/10. I am going to start slowing weaning them from the mother this monday. I am going to wean them to raw food. Then, I am going to switch the adults to raw food. Sams club quit selling my dog food and anything that is remotely close to it for the same price is god aweful. I have kept saying to myself that if Sam's doesn't have my dog food this time then I am going to switch. I figured its as good of time as any since I am going to feed the pups raw food. I just went to this site, http://hare-today.com/ and bought 5 pounds of chicken/bones/organs and 5 pounds of ground beef/organs/tripe and bone for $21. I am lucky cause I only live about 30 minutes from this place. I am going to start the pups on the chicken combo monday and when that's gone I will feed them the beef combo. Once that is gone I think I should be able to get them started on the normal raw diet I will be feeding them. I am going to takes pics of the pups and the dogs the day I start the Raw food and see if there is a big change. I am basically gonna use the raw diet from the Pit Bull Bible.

2. Irish Pitbull

Irish Pitbull Top Dog

Good luck, and keep us pic'd up lol

3. Tigerlines

Tigerlines Banned

hook line and sinker, .....:D...........

4. wardogkennels

wardogkennels Top Dog

What is that suppose to mean?

5. Tigerlines

Tigerlines Banned

jokes, happy new year wardog,.....good luck to you and yours .....also with the raw feeding, ...................not a convert.:D

6. wardogkennels

wardogkennels Top Dog

Thanks, I have doing alot of reading and pm'ing questions to people to be sure I know what the hell I am doing. Especially with new born pups. I have always just gave them puppy food soaked in cold water. I also usually leave them on the bitch until 5 weeks of age and take them off the mother cold turkey. So I have learned that is a very bad way of doing things. I figure alot of people on here would like to switch over to raw but are a little scared of change. I think sharing my experience with it and being my first time messing with it might help releave some stress of others knowing how it went for me. I also might screw it up completely and they can learn from my mistakes.

7. Tigerlines

Tigerlines Banned

good man wardog, you do right by yor family,kids and dogs, happy new year..............still not a convert:D

8. wardogkennels

wardogkennels Top Dog

What do you mean by convert?

9. Tigerlines

Tigerlines Banned

wardog, each to his own, im on the irish nectar,i wish you the best of successs, but my own experience leads ME to my own conclusions,.....your experience will lead you to yours..................rest is rest and work is work.

10. wardogkennels

wardogkennels Top Dog

I am open to suggestions. This is the first time I have messed with this stuff. So any advice you can add would be helpful.

11. Tigerlines

Tigerlines Banned

wardog, you are far more experienced than me, you will figure out whats whats and whats not , its part of the joy of learning........... personally i have never had A DOG LIVE LESS THAN 17 YEARS.............ENJOY LIFE.

12. wardogkennels

wardogkennels Top Dog

That's impressive! You sound way more experienced then me in this realm. Help a man out, shell out some tips.

13. Tigerlines

Tigerlines Banned

WARDOG, no bullshit , try the raw,............. post what YOU find, i have owned animals that know when work time is.......and know when its rets .............. i woudlnt feed the raw personally, it does nothinng for ME!!!!...............DALEY THOMPSOM:D

14. wardogkennels

wardogkennels Top Dog

Do you feed kibble? What do you feed?

15. Tigerlines

Tigerlines Banned

wardog, have you not been around prople???????................do you honestley believe your dog willl live longer, or heathlier?????????????......two toes ????????DALEY THOMPSON????

16. wardogkennels

wardogkennels Top Dog

prople? What is that? Why wouldn't they live longer? There are alot of people that swear by raw. It's gotta be better then the dog food they are making nowadays.

17. Tigerlines

Tigerlines Banned

Wardog, you have bought into thid shit,let mr ask you................post up<<<<<<<<<<<<<< after 13 years

18. Heres a link you may want to try to get your meats ect from.This is who we use and she is awsome.She will bring it right to your house or meet you some where.She goes everywhere to.Give her a call.
    http://frogpondbordeauxs.com/PawfectlyRaw.html

19. T.A.K

T.A.K Pup

feeding raw food compared to kibble is night and day imo, the dogs thrive on the raw meal and if you get a good source its well feasible and as cheap as kibble, you will notice too the amount of crap you scoop will half.

20. wardogkennels

wardogkennels Top Dog

That would be great cause the garbage men get pissed when I put my trash bag full of dog shit on the curb, lol!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.