1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

UFC 182: Jones vs. Cormier Jan 3rd 2015

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Forever-So REAL, Jan 4, 2015.

1. bootsbjj

bootsbjj Banned

DC probably walks around at about the same size as Cain, and is Cain's wrestling coach. Not saying that means much, but it means something, at least.

2. tudor

tudor Big Dog

I don't ever recall saying have him fight cain. Feed him to a gate keeper. Don't let him fight cain his first fight in heavy weight. Silva didn't fight Jones at 205. He fought decent dudes but not champ material

3. c_note

c_note CH Dog

You didn't say fight Cain, Saiy did. Gate keepers lead to the gate... No reason gettin busted up possibly thrashed goin for bronze or silver... If he moves up it should be for a title shot, that's all I would take. Proving you're better than the bigger stronger fighter looks good on paper. Not your face. Although skill levels have come light years, remember the old UFC? Imagine that now... Catch weight title fights, big v little? What would we have if guys didn't stay in their own lane and dominate a single division?? No Silva or Jones I bet. Move up when you can't make weight I say.

4. tudor

tudor Big Dog

If he's "untouchable" which he seems to be to an extent, make him fight in a different weight class. Silva vs Bonnar was a 205 bout wasn't it? Silva mashed him and went about his day. A pat Barry vs Jones would be an equivalent of sorts. I get not wanting pat Barry beating your face in for 3 rounds if your there 205 champ but if your the best ever what would a quick heavy weight bout be?

5. c_note

c_note CH Dog

That I can agree to. Silva and Jones are very comparable. Both lanky and unorthodox. Holding 2 belts at the same time helps the argument of best ever. Especially the 2 big boy belts. I enjoy watching Jones fight. His fights are like super slowmo car wrecks to me. I'll watch it a couple times just to see what I missed last time!

6. tudor

tudor Big Dog

I'm honestly excited for the 31st. I don't think it's that odd of a match up really. Diaz has shown he can go toe to toe with the best put damage on them and not get put to sleep. But he's never fought someone with the pure ability of silva. I actually like the match up. Though I am fan of both.

7. c_note

c_note CH Dog

Those Diaz boys throw punches in bunches and Silva is deadly. It should be a good one

8. Augustus

Augustus Big Dog

Two years ago Anderson would make those Diaz boys look like girls.I dont kno right now.5 years ago Anderson would kill Jones On his best day now

9. Saiyagin

Saiyagin Chihuahua

Combined with leverage and reach as if I am not mistaken Jones is the tallest fighter and has the longest reach in that weight class.

10. niko

niko CH Dog

Thats true...gustafsson was his hardest fight;)

11. Saiyagin

Saiyagin Chihuahua

The only reason Jones would say that is because he is scared to go up in weight period.

12. niko

niko CH Dog

I've seen anderson in trouble on a few occasions...against henderson, sonnen, weidman I've never really watched a jones fight and thought he was behind

13. c_note

c_note CH Dog

Sonnen beat himself. Anderson kept his head tho. Jones v Weidman. I wish Jon could have fought Chuck. I bet they would stand until one fell, no takedowns lol

14. bootsbjj

bootsbjj Banned

Y'all ever notice that when Anderson Silva grapples he has his eyes closed most of the time? The man is a legit crazy person. Diaz had better take him down, or he is in for a loooong night. (and I'm a big fan of Diaz)

15. tudor

tudor Big Dog

I'll rewatch the fight but when did Hendo have silva in trouble? Wasn't it only a 1 or 2 round fight? Hendo got the shit choked out of him. When did he have silva dazed, wobbled, or in any danger of a ko or submission?

Sonnen? Come on dude a mouth with a scattered record. He was juiced to the gills and silva was injured when he walked in. The 2nd fight clearly showed Sonnen was no match at all.

Weidman does seem to be silva kryptonite. But I won't give him glory for the freak accident in the 2nd fight. He checked the kick perfect ky buy anyone who's ever trained had check a kick and had one checked without breaking their leg or anyone elses.

16. tudor

tudor Big Dog

He's does it in the clinch too I've noticed. He'll close his eyes and take punches in the clinch. Gotta remember silva is a legit black belt under Nogueira. I'm sure those don't get handed out like candy at Halloween

17. niko

niko CH Dog

Your right Henderson really never had him in trouble I must've been thinking about someone else...sonnen had nothing but wrestling still almost won regardless if he was juicing or not lol most those fighters are taking something they just haven't been caught:)...to use the excuse of an injury:( those fighters fight injured every fight

18. tudor

tudor Big Dog

I mean let me crack your ribs sparring and u wrestle Sonnen for 5 rounds... I got mad respect for fighters, or the average joe that trains his ass off for fun. Shits not easy but to discount a rib injury and then watch him come in healthy and dominate is silly.

19. niko

niko CH Dog

Silva was good no doubt but he ain't no Jones:)

20. tudor

tudor Big Dog

I'll agree. I think he was better and didn't need elbows to the back of the head to do it ;-)