1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Underground Culture of illegal Beta fish Fighting

Discussion in 'Pit Bull News' started by Vicki, Apr 3, 2009.

1. Vicki

Vicki Administrator Staff Member

When a famous football player was accused of illegal dog fighting, authorities were already aware of the underlying dog fighting culture in many hoods and ghettoes. Public awareness has helped put the underground dog fighting industry under control.

Now there is a new problem threatening the streets: illegal Beta fish fighting.

It appears that dog fighters have traded in their pitbulls for Siamese Fighting Fish, aka Beta fish. Several linked cases of illegal beta fish fighting have sprung up in cities like Baltimore, Los Angeles, and Atlanta.

"With the recession, it makes sense that people are going to look for a cheaper alternative to dog fighting," notes economist Sabine Walls. "Beta fish cost about three or four dollars apiece, while your average pit bull goes for a couple hundred."

According to police reports, the fights usually take place in basements of abandoned buildings. In Baltimore about five raids have taken place. It has proven much more difficult for the city police department to catch and apprehend illegal beta fish fighters than dog fighters. One detective, who wants to remain anonymous, has been following the Baltimore cases and trying to predict what the best plan of action is.

"In the raids we've done so far, only one was successful. Here's what we know: the equipment usually consists of just a clear tank. We've seen one situation where a jar was used. The drug dealers form a circle around the tank and someone is named the judge. All bets are placed on the floor near the tank as the "pot", and then both fish are put into the tank. The judge calls when one fish is dead, and the winner takes the pot. We have evidence suggesting in one night, sometimes as many as thirty beta fish fights take place."

It is not only easy to set up for a beta fish fight, but it is easy to clean up after. In fact, the detective claims to have found an entire beta fish graveyard, where whopping numbers of dead beta fish are buried. "It is truly a sad, sad sight."

When asked about the one successful raid, the detective teared up a little. "It was horrible. We saw jars everywhere in the guys' home. Beta fish living in the worst of conditions. They were being fed steroids and creatine. They had tiny cramped spaces and were forced to sit next to each other and smash against the glass for endless hours trying to attack each other. Some swam in their own fecal matter and urine, and others had no where to move, surrouded with hundreds of tiny fry (baby Betas). We seized at least a hundred Betas from his home."

Neighborhood watch and community programs are trying to enact a Beta Fish Fight Awareness campaign to educate their residents.

"God didn't make Siamese Fighting Fish for fighting!" yells an enraged activist.

http://www.thespoof.com/news/spoof.c...dline=s2i50664

2. hammatoed

hammatoed Guest

every kid needs 1..im going to walmart right now to get the sickest gamest rock solid ripped up beta fish right now!

im back: got 1 ready to go scratching hard at:eek: 0000.0002lbs

3. CLKENNELS

CLKENNELS Top Dog

I live in Baltimore and I have yet to hear of this but I'm not saying its not true. I know in middlw school some of the kids would fight fish. But I also think that it would be rediculous to spend tax payers money on this sh*t. And why didn't God create them to fight...they had to get the name from somewhere... All of this is just rediculous...

4. KuttersKru

KuttersKru Top Dog

It's not a real story, but it's funny as hell

5. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

Oh sh*t the police are here flush em boys.....lmao

6. performanceknls

performanceknls Top Dog

LMAO!

I find it easier to flush the evidence of my "fish fight nights" down the toilet. That way they cannot tell what devastation happened that night! And I sell my fighters for $15 bucks a piece!

7. BostonBully

BostonBully Top Dog

Sad thing is that I have friends that do this.

8. CLKENNELS

CLKENNELS Top Dog

I live in baltimore and this the first I've heard of this... People stop fighting those fish in middle school...if it is the truth I'm not paying taxes next year for these nut cases to use it to set up a fish fighting task force...

9. OMbob this was hilarious! haha
    it betta fish fighting really illegal? lmao

10. ColbyDogs

ColbyDogs Top Dog

I heard that one way to tell who is fighting fish is by the amount of times a person comes in to buy "gold bait fish" .

Also the pro's use glass toilet bowls, if you do not have one of those then your an amature Fishman.

11. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

ive heard of this also...the way the "curs" are dealt w/ is the toughest. ive heard of the backalley fighters actually picking them up and slammin them on the concrete. :eek: theyre givin the true fishmen a bad name. i also have a couple betta, but theyre pets, and w/ proper training(and ALOTTA love) the desire to scrap can be almost completely controlled...hell i like to take mine in public just to show people that they arent all monsters.:D sounds familiar, huh?

12. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

i adopted a couple from shelters, and with alotta love these fish make great pets. i know they are just "petbetta"(im not sure how theyre bred), but they all come from the same stock, so im gonna give them all the love and training they need. i even take em out in public so people can see that they arent all monsters like the media says they are. people stop me and wanna talk about my fish, and im changing peoples minds, one at a time. oh, and BTW, i love my fish more than you do!:D

13. hammatoed

hammatoed Guest

:eek:;) winning all in under 24hours:rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2009
  14. LMAO GOOD 1 LMAO!!!!!!

WELL IM GLAD ITS NOT REAL I ACTUALLY FOUGHT SOME FOR A 7TH GRADE SCIENCE PROJECT

LOL THOSE FISH WERE GAME THEY HAD SOME FIRE[[THEM WALMART FISH DONT PLAY LOL]] AN THEY FOUGHT FOR LIKE 20MIN STR8 THEN I BROKE IT UP[[I NEW A LIL BIT ABOUT GAME DOGS SOOOOOO,I LET THE WEAKIST 1 SCRATCH LOL THEN THEY FOUGHT FOR A WHILE AGIAN IT WAS MY BEDTIME LOL SO I SEPERATED THEM AND WENT 2 BED BUT YEA I DID RESEARCH ALSO I MADE LIKE A B ON IT LOL.:D

15. Nell_Bell

Nell_Bell Big Dog

Well, my Beta, Betty, would never fight. She is well behaved and has always been great with my other fish in the tank. I've even trained her to come to the top of the tank when I feed her :D. I love all my fish; Betty, gigi the guppy, zaz my zebra, and. Goldy my.....wait a minute... where's goldy?!! Oh Nooooooooooooo! Goldy!!!!! :(

16. KuttersKru

KuttersKru Top Dog

Goldy had it coming :cool:
    She was running her mouth and Walmart fish don't play that shit, yo :D

17. Rebs

Rebs Banned

I just LMAO! I wonder what the 'paraphernalia' would be to be accused of raising and schooling a pittank fish lol.

Jetstreams as a slatmill, toothpick as a breakstick, guppies as bait, string as a tieout!

18. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

Betas are punks with other fish, I had a adult male in my tank about a week ago and I put 2, about the same size catfish of 2 different species in the tank and them dam catfish ate my 2 angle fish 1 beta 1 coolie loach 14 feeder guppies and a red tailed shark in about a week....lol they cost me like 40 dollars in fish needless to say i am not getting any other fish till the 2 cats are gone.

19. prpitdawg

prpitdawg Top Dog

ROTFLMFAO! that's the funniest stuff i've heard in a long time. i had a female oscar one time that ate my whole tank of fish. one day i had a whole tank of the little sharks and some catfish. they started disappearing, by the end of the week they were all gone, even the male oscar. maybe i should've put a beta in there and put that oscar in her place. i wonder if it really is illegal to fight fish.

20. Hells Bells

Hells Bells Top Dog

A catfish had a fight with my mouth last night..... mouth 1 catfish 0!

Story is hilarious...