1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Understanding the Carpet Mill by Hunterman

Discussion in 'Training & Behavior' started by Vicki, May 25, 2014.

1. treezpitz

treezpitz CH Dog Staff Member

She does look great, especially in that pic.

2. Vicki

Vicki Administrator Staff Member

That was taken two days ago, I think....(thank you!)

3. TDK

TDK CH Dog Staff Member

Yep, she does. As YB said....Keep it up with her.

4. Naustroms

Naustroms CH Dog

I'll start by stating Hunterman definitely knows a thing or two about getting an animal prepared for a show and its pretty apparent he's got a certain mill type in mind in this article. (i.e. carpet mill not having any metal parts) On his mills the information given might work but I have had carpets turn much more freely than the type hes describing and they used metal rollers.

5. sadieblues

sadieblues CH Dog

X2 love hunterman !!!!! Top Notch dog man

6. corvettedex

corvettedex CH Dog

She's a very good looking bulldog ! She looks like shes in very good shape....Dex

7. ursaminor

ursaminor Top Dog

I care.. well a little. :P

8. slim12

slim12 Super Moderator Staff Member

Well said. I can give the exact times and numbers I use on my mill and they will not be a direct fit to the next guy's mill, even with my dog running it. Every mill is different. I think the original post had his mill in mind and then people just assume a carpet mill is a carpet mill. Not true in any sense of the word.

9. Vicki

X3, lol! I love talking to him!

10. patjr

patjr Top Dog

^^^^LMFAO^^^^ it must of been your cousin (or an inbred twin)who got banned from here for adding free advertising on every post made...so you say you're a marketing PROfessional huh???? Well at least your hidden agenda wasn't initially as blatant as that last person, who at best, only gives the board some lame contribution to peddle shit, for which we can find for ourselves if the interest is there...LOL.

11. Vicki

Does anyone understand the above post?

12. Forever-So REAL

Forever-So REAL Quintuple Grand Champion

I think the person he was talking to post got deleted they post a link in there comment
    oh! by the way your dog looks good

13. treezpitz

treezpitz CH Dog Staff Member

LOL I'm lost also.

14. patjr

patjr Top Dog

LOL...Opps....my post wasn't directed at you Vicki (it was a post below yours and above mine, which had a link attached to it, with no explanation as to why it was added....hmm????)....so I can honestly say I've got no issue with you and to prove it I could easily be persuaded to provide" Perry Mason"with a new home:)....it's all good Treez, I just caught a whiff of someone else's bullshit or perhaps it was that lil bit of bud rot which spoilt the aroma.(I don't believe in that paranoia side affect myth...I think?...whatever, I just handle the sh#t and enjoy the positive benefits as it sure does feeel good aye....lol)

15. Vicki

LOL, it was probably some spam that I mass deleted then! When I mass delete spam I don't have to go through every post or thread! My apologies for the confusion, carry on!

(The dog in that above picture is Mustang Sally, not Perry Mason!)

16. Mudville_Monsta

Mudville_Monsta Top Dog

LMAO @patjr. Yep, and just like bud rot, he got his ass cut and tossed before he could spread. LOL

17. niko

niko CH Dog

Good analogy mud lmao funny but true:)

18. ABD456

ABD456 Big Dog

My experience with carpet mills is just spinning them with your hand usually feels quite light but once you get on it its much harder to move. I haven't tried getting on a slat mill I haven't found one that seemed strong enough to get on and test. And every carpet mill and slat mill I came about was different, some don't spin that many times when pushed but once you put some weight on it seems either lighter or heavier depending on how the mill is made and its condition.

19. Mudville_Monsta

Mudville_Monsta Top Dog

LMFAO! Nothing like a good laugh in the morning........

Now that's out my system, WHY IN THE HELL ARE YOU GETTING ON THE MILLS? LOL
    I just had to ask...,OK.

I can tell that your new to the concepts & since you gave me a good laugh....here's sometips.

True, all mills regardless of slat, carpet, belt etc are different. Mill makers all have their own versions of what they feel is the best mill. The better mill makers can fabricate to what the customer specifies IMO.

They key to this and your other ? is what works best for you, your dog, and what will help attain your goal optimally.

Harder turning mills are better used in short bursts. The lesser the resistance the more time can be applied staying within safe practices.

No matter what type of mill start off small, 2,3,4,5 min build up from there. Walk and empty out plus warm up prior to work. Never leave unattended, always keep positive, know and watch your dog. Look for signs of injury or fatigue. When working, knowing when to quit is just as important as knowing when to work.

As time goes by progress should be made, both in terms of time added onto the workout as well as physical results on your dog.

And that's about all your funny post is gonna get ya.....:lol:

20. Vicki

I have a pretty sturdy slat mill, buuuut, you ain't gettin' on it, lol! It's about 30 years old and turns pretty hard, my baby girl loves it, she makes it sing! As MM said, she does short bursts, somedays she goes longer than others, I let her tell me when she's done, and then off to a cool down. It's hot and humid here, and the weather is so varied, it's kind of difficult to do a structured exercise program, so I just go with how the weather feels, how she feels...and how I feel, lol.