1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

vaccination question

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by SlaughterHouse, Sep 11, 2010.

1. SlaughterHouse

SlaughterHouse Big Dog

I was wondering why every time I give my pups there shots it forms a knot under the skin? Am I doing somthing wrong or is this normal? Just wondering.

2. Yeah scruff the skin and stick the needle deeper. You're shooting it too shallow. Massage it as you shoot the vax in and pinch the liquid bubble after you are done injecting and continue to massage it until it is dispersed and no knot after you pull the needle out.

3. SlaughterHouse

SlaughterHouse Big Dog

Thanks Boogieman, about how long before the knot goes away? The body will absorbe the vac. even if I didnt do it 100% right?

4. Yeah it will be absorbed. Massage it daily. I've had one took a month to go away one time. Just pinch it between your thumb and forefinger and massage the shit out of it.

5. old goat

old goat CH Dog

give the pup or dog the shot under the skin . make sure when you push the plunger in there in know resistance . if you have resistance you are still in the skin and not under it . if it's in the skin and you force it the knot will be there of 30+ days . you may have to resick the dog if you can't get the plunger to go in with no resistance . but first you can move the needle around alittle to see if you can get no resistance before you pull it out first .after the shot rub the knot for 60 seconds and the knot will go away . if it's still there rub alittle more but it should go away in 60 seconds of robbing it . always rub the shot after you inject .

6. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

You should also pull back a little bit on the plunger first before you inject to make sure your not in a blood vessel..;)

7. Cynthia

Cynthia Top Dog

It is not uncommon. Not all are from not injecting it properly. They are having a slight reaction either to the needle going through the skin or the vaccine. Usually it will resolve on it's own.