1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Very big dogs you would like to have known

Discussion in 'APBT History' started by The Keep Book, Jun 11, 2015.

1. The Keep Book

The Keep Book Reclusive Misanthrope

These are some of my picks:

Colby's Pinscher
    Burton's Hank
    Plumber's Alligator
    Trussell's Dum Dum
    Southern Kennels' Mayday

Does anyone still use the term "catchweight"?

2. Naustroms

Naustroms CH Dog

BDPs Firecracker
    BAs Big Buck
    BAs Haunch
    Burtons Hank

3. Louis Cypher

Louis Cypher Big Dog

Very good choices, but how could you guys leave out.............

[​IMG]

How would you even begin to keep that yard clean?

4. david63

david63 CH Dog

Tudor blackjack and blackjackII.

5. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

Yes, they do.....

6. Roveros

Roveros Pup

Hooten's Butcher boy was a big dog with a very impressive record.

7. c_note

c_note CH Dog

Butcherboy, Boomerang, Alligator, Big John, Hank, Jimmy Boots AND Benny Bob... Over 55 is biggish to me. They get hard AF to handle at 60+/catchweight when they want loose....

8. Roveros

Roveros Pup

Boomerang wasn't a big dog unless there is a boomerang i don't know about but Davis boomerang was late thirties early forties from memory.

9. c_note

c_note CH Dog

You right.

10. Thunder98

Thunder98 Big Dog

Wacc's Big John and Redboy himself. Also Fergusons' Centipede or was he considered big and Tombstone.

11. StarLion

StarLion Pup

12. ELIAS'PISTOLA

ELIAS'PISTOLA CH Dog

My uncle was on the road going through the okie state when he stopped in a local watering hole that was said to be full of chicken and dogmen...
    He was astonished to see the grandchampion hank in there having a cold one... hank was the talk of the town and held the local arm wrestling title and not a man or bulldog was going to take it from him... My uncle being a logger with more bronze than sense, said aint no bulldog gonna beat him at arm wrestling as he was to teach sly the over the top move that puts you over the top in this sport...Well , wagers were made heavy on the hank dog and my uncle used all his paycheck and traveling home money to cover the bets...
    After a cople of feathers and some fur flying, acouple of funny moves as to say this isnt even compiition,and some knucle busting, hank reigned supreme...
    Hank went onto bigger things and a stiffer compitition in the canadian region, all the bitches couldnt help but court with the gentledog that acted more like a man than a bulldog...
    After taking all arm wrestling championships north of the border, a super hero by the name of captian america took notice in this aging grandchampion and signed him to a retirement deal, all the brood he can asorbe, as well as some ying ling as anight cap... some dont believe my uncles tall tales, but Mr.Stratton did when he wrote it in his book..."BIG AS A BEAR, BUT TWICE AS STRONG" is a phrase that we come to love sitting around the campfire...

13. AGK

Never really cared much for catch weight dogs, I'm a little fella and just prefer handling 45 and under although I do have 2 bigger boys here. If I had to choose one from the past it would probably be mayday. Largest one I've had my hands on was Paz Jr. He was a damn monster at only the upper 50's. Very intimidating dog at first glance.

14. ELIAS'PISTOLA

ELIAS'PISTOLA CH Dog

Not a fan of catchwieght dogs much either, double the feed and double the shit to pick up, could almost raise twice as many for the same cost...
    I love tiny dogs, but thier wirghts are rarity, funny that the line i like the most, Hank was a big dog and so was his son little boots, but dirty mary was small...

I believe Paz jr. was shown at 46 to 49 pounds, but sat on the yard at a catchwieght...Not too many catchwieghts coulda stayed with Paz Jr. too long...

15. Naustroms

Naustroms CH Dog

Those Paz dogs were all big as hell and strong. Nasty showed at 49 everytime. Rosemary was in the 50s if I remember right. Most of them were in the upper 40s.

16. AGK

Most everything bred to Paz jr when Wardog had him produced females in the 40 to 46 range and males were almost always 50+. Always either black or black with white markings. Here's a son of his my ex partner had that was a big full throttle M'fer...
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2015
  17. CHUVALOFAN

CHUVALOFAN Top Dog

18. Naustroms

Naustroms CH Dog

Yep agk that fits the type for sure. The bitches are built and act like males too. I still get some in the 45-47 conditioned range. Mostly in the heavy stp breedings down from nasty/jr/clean mary

19. ELIAS'PISTOLA

ELIAS'PISTOLA CH Dog

beautiful dog that fit that paz profile...
    If you got a dog from garner, I would ask if its shy... Same as paz jr.,not shy but was he an excite biter???
    The two htings i dint care for with the jr. dogs...
    I seen a 19 pound male named Lilo off half dead who was off paz jr. to his sister... Dont know if he had that defect that stunts growth, but do know he would bite your ass in a heartbeat, but was very docile with children as a friends son was chopping at a rope with a with a machete and the dog thought it was olay time and the kid chopped the dogs eye splitting it open, Lilo didnt even blink and stayed busy on the rope while the kid cried hysterically...

20. AGK

Never seen one that would excite bite off the ones around here. Paz Jr himself didn't either as far as I ever seen. He was very friendly with people. Don't recall any of the dozen or more he produced while Wardog had him to be aggressive towards people at all. Come to think of it 1 male was, dog named maximus Paz jr bred to Ch Key, litter mate to the one I posted. Jr ( the picture of the son of Paz I posted) was extremely friendly when it came to people. Could even be around other dogs as long as he wasn't challenged.