1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Vicious dogs mauling "defenseless" hogs

Discussion in 'Pit Bull News' started by bahamutt99, Aug 15, 2006.

1. bahamutt99

bahamutt99 CH Dog

2. NC

NC CH Dog

Re: Vicious dogs mauling "defenseless" hogs

Damn my dial up.. I hate living in the freaking sticks sometimes! I can't watch the video, I'll have to watch it from work when I go back.. grrrr [​IMG]

Was it cool at least?

3. bahamutt99

bahamutt99 CH Dog

I thought it was interesting. Clips of dogs being caught. Although hearing pigs squeal is about as appealing as nails on the chalkboard.

4. MercedesMama

MercedesMama Guest

That was interesting. I can agree with the sound of the squeal though...awful sound.

5. misterdogman

misterdogman CH Dog

Well then im glad I dont have speakers...I watched it like 3 times....lmao...I didnt hear a thing...

6. semo

semo Top Dog

not very sporting, pretty sad really

7. MercedesMama

MercedesMama Guest

You know, what exactly is the point of this rodeo? Is it to see how fast your dog can catch the hog?

8. Re: Vicious dogs mauling "defenseless" hogs

An unfortunate display of unecessary animal cruelty, in my opinion.

On a lighter note, I have a friend who owns a 150 lb pot-bellied pig. He was awakened one night when his pig (who uses a doggy door) was squealing outside. When he went out, he saw a small black bear trying to pull the pig into the woods by his ear. The pig broke free and the bear ended up on his ass with a piece of the pig's ear in his mouth. The pig, who has tusks, immediately charged the bear and knocked him into a backward somersault. The surprised bear scrambled away as quick as possible. Chalk up one for the pig!

9. Attila

Attila Guest

Playing with the food. I love bacon.

10. game_test

game_test Top Dog

so how do you think one would train a hog dog if you cant let the dogs go on a hog in a controlled enviornment?

i mean are you people serious? would it be better to not train the dogs in the art of taking down a larger hog in the woods with no experience? try that and youll end up with a damn dead dog.

just because a damn pig make s a sqeel doesnt mean anything, pigs squeel all the time from being scared, those dogs are taken off the hogs pretty fast.

i swear man sometimes there is such a stench of PETA ideolgy around here it makes me wonder who exactly owns pitbulls these days.

11. MercedesMama

MercedesMama Guest

WTF!! All I said was the pigs squeal was a terrible sound, ya know, like something that you dont want to listen to. And I just wanted to know the point of this rodeo. I have never seen one before.

12. purplepig

purplepig CH Dog

Yea, I been thinkin the same thing, maybe it is true, and they ain hiding it very well.

Like the man said, it is better to train the dog than to let it go on a real hunt and get it's guts ripped out, then no hog, just dog.

J

13. Attila

Attila Guest

yes to see how fast and how good the dogs are at the task. A compitition of sorts. I don't see any thing wrong with it. I don't like the squeal of a hog either. It is best to stick em and get it over with. Those wild hogs tear stuff up and put up a fight that both dogs and people loose their lives doing sometimes. Nothing in life come's with out hazards. BlaizenJ I wish I had you with me this weekend I could have used a driver I am wore out from driving but the hog hunt was great fun. Delivered a APBT and Picked up a Cur dog to use for the baying of game. I am hooked on the event. I just need more time for the hunt and less time on the drive. lol.

I would say that dogs need to be trained on taking down hogs. I really beleive that non hunters should never get involved in hunting business. And non pet owners into pet business. lol and all PETA exterminated.

Game Test- you need to chill dude and lay off my girlfriend. Ya dig!

14. debodebo

debodebo Top Dog

It's just future bacon. How is it cruel. What is America coming to when you can not even train your dogs to catch hogs. It seems that every body is against everything these days. Next somebody will post that we all need to become vegetaraians. I hope who ever thinks that is cruel never starts breeding dogs.

15. purplepig

purplepig CH Dog

Just saw the video. That could be a competition for a hog hunting dog. They time the dog for a hold, then they time it for release. Just like a weight pull or show ring competion. A dog can be championed through these events. I believe that the UKC sponsors some of these events.

J

16. purplepig

purplepig CH Dog

Well, I think we all need to become vegetarians!

17. Attila

Attila Guest

lol. Tell you what I will eat all the meat on the table and you can have the veggie's. I am a carnavore. Veggies mess my system up. lol[​IMG]

18. game_test

game_test Top Dog

yeah i know i mentioned the squeeling thing, that wasnt it, it was the animal cruelty comments that were out of line, especially since this is a GAME DOG website and thats how you train a gamedog to hunt.

i apologize if i offended you, it wasnt my intention and i just lumped everything i read into one statement.

19. MercedesMama

MercedesMama Guest

Apology accepted. And Atilla, anytime ya need a driver, I'm up for some fun..lol. I see nothing wrong with these events, but hey, what do I know, I'm just a good ol' country girl!

20. Attila

Attila Guest

As soon as it starts raining or cools down in south Texas I want to go back down. Take a few of my dogs down. It was a cool 95 with wind and low humidity when I got down there and the night of the hunt the wind wasn't blowing as well and it seemed a bit warm. But then again. I am still building up my indurance from being down so long from last combat injuries. It was a blast. But I do get tired when driving. I didn't fall asleep this time driving so no wrecks. Didn't hurt my Mustang.lol[​IMG]