1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Vicious dogs mauling "defenseless" hogs

Discussion in 'Pit Bull News' started by bahamutt99, Aug 15, 2006.

1. bahamutt99

bahamutt99 CH Dog

Re: Vicious dogs mauling "defenseless" hogs

I want some BACON! Is wild hog as tasty as they say? I had my first venison back in March, and I never knew what I was missing prior to that. Now I want to try all kinds of stuff.

2. laurajean

laurajean Top Dog

I've actually had wild hog that was caught with dogs and it was cooked in a pit in the ground. It was yummy!
    I have mixed feelings about hog-dog rodeos. I also see the utility of hunting wild hogs with dogs. Wild hogs are a big problem in parts of the country. They are not native wildlife, they proliferate, tear up the ecosystem and ruin farmer's crops...Something needs to be done to control them. Why not hunt them and eat them?
    And it is using dogs for something productive and necessary and the dogs love it. Did you see the pictures of the hogs that BamaBoy killed? Those were some mean looking tuskers.
    Loved the story of the pot bellied pig and the bear. I'll bet that pig was more careful after that...
    And I agree PETA is out of line. They are true "nut cases" They can be vegetarians all they want but they don't need to tell other people to do so.

3. chrisgr212

chrisgr212 Big Dog

thats sucks.

4. Attila

Attila Guest

I got to meet BamaBoy this past weekend and go on a hunt with him. He and his family are good people now. They treated me good and we had a blast. I believe the hog rodeo's are good for some training and keeping of skill. Although it isn't ment to be much of a sport as it is a speed and skill trial. Some people like them some don't. I am neutral on the topic. I could never become a vegitarian. If we ran out of game I would have to start feeding off weaker people. lol just teasing. Or am I?

5. BoiBoi

BoiBoi CH Dog

I say good for them, the dogs get a workout and the people enjoy the entertainment and later a little pig roast. I wish i lived in the south were there are boars runnin around, i would be out every weekend catchin em. Well for now i guess im gonna have to save some money and plan a trip down south to get into some of that hoggin action

6. Re: Vicious dogs mauling "defenseless" hogs

First thing is that are not Pitbulls.This dogs are country Bulldogs. From my point of view the true Bullmastiffs(cross between true Bulldogs and some kind of a working mastiff.)Many other kind of dogs have to do the same job.The noises from the hog are typical for hogs....they make the same theatre wen they fight each other.

7. purplepig

purplepig CH Dog

Heck, they'll make that sound when they are runnin' for the feed trough!!LOL

J

8. purplepig

purplepig CH Dog

Yea man, I'm one of them cana what ever's. I love meat. After Noah docked the boat, God gave his blessing and said,"KILL< EAT", so I follow that commandment. At the Ryan's buffett, I go to the meat rack and skip the veggies. My wife's been on me bout it, so I try and make her feel better, but bring on the meat!!

Glad to hear you had a good time hoggin' down south. Myself, I like to catch em live and bring them home. The hog's around LA(Lower Arkansas) got a distinct smell to them. They stink! And it's real bad when you make them bleed. So we catch em and bring home live where we are able to slaughter them better. Got a friend that live a few miles from here who catches them and puts them on his land behind his house. Oh, I guess he's got about 160 acres or so. Keeps em live back there so he can train the dogs. Catahoula's and bulldogs. It'll keep you out of trouble,...till the PETA(they should have called themselves "peter")foks get enough sleeping zombies to buy into there retoric and pass laws against this. Look. were on a 'game dog' forum and folks are talking about how cruel it is. Man, I might be sayin good=bye to you soon if it keeps up. Dont want to incriminate myself or anything, but it sure does have a smell of AR around here.
    One thing I have recieved from being here. I live in the sticks. We cant get cable tv,dsl, nothin'. The telephone out here is worse than a cell phone in a tunnel, you know what I mean. When I talk to the phone company they think I'm on a cell!!LOL, anyway, I dont listen to much of the news, and all. And the thinkg I have learned here is about animal rights activists. I was a zombie thinkin that ar and aw were the same. I have understanding of the diference, and now I see its effects everywhere, and I will take out my L.A.W. and claymore's and set out to destroy them whenever I see them.

Later,
    J

9. bahamutt99

bahamutt99 CH Dog

FTR, I never said they were Pit Bulls. But I did the search for Pit Bulls over on the site, and that's one of the ones that came up. They looked like American Bulldog-types to me. I would've loved to have tried that with our Dogo, but he's a 7-year-old pet, and there's probably not much point by now.

10. Attila

Attila Guest

I agree, and I am out yonder in the sticks too, Know what you mean about the cell/land line deal. I have one thing for the A.R. butt sniffs. They can kiss my ass. Ok two they can eat lead and die for all I care. FFTFH (F...kem & Feed them fish heads. I don't mind the smell. It is better than the smell of a.r. and peta dweebs any day. I kill I eat and if I can't eat it I will feed it to the endangered Buzzards. Buzzards like PETA meat although I hear it is full of tofu and isn't very good for them. You know its bad if a opposume wont eat it. lol We will have to hook up and run some dogs. Hell you're just a few hours away. I run with the Delta bunch and expanding. Was heavy into killing them bear's. But they smell too. I really just get off on the hunt. I like to fill the freezer too. Ain't nothing like watching and listining to them dogs work it. Picked up a cur dog down yonder this past weekend. Going to raise her up and see how she bays them nasty evil hogs. lol. Just got to watch them damn snakes and gators. I hate all reptiles, spiders and biting bugs to include scorpions and bee's. Hate their guts and livers just like them Peta and AR folk. Hate their guts and livers. Wish they were in season or out in the woods. Feed em to the dung beetle's

11. laurajean

laurajean Top Dog

There are actually feral hogs out here in California. The wild hog I ate was caught with dogs that at least had pit bull blood...I don't know, I lost touch with the people that did the hog hunting out here. The hogs tear up the landscape bad and endanger the watershed, but whoever is hunting them probably keeps a really low profile because of, umm, animal rights issues. Of course all of California is not filled with animal rightists like PETA people. There are a lot of farming communities where people understand the realities of life, like if you wanna eat meat, someone has to kill it...

12. NCPatchwork

NCPatchwork CH Dog

I laughed...then went...uhhh...lol

13. Attila

Attila Guest

I am sorry I will try to be more funny. lol[​IMG]