1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Waaazzzuupp!!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Lethalpits, Dec 4, 2006.

1. Lethalpits

Lethalpits Top Dog

What's going on ya'll. Been going and back and forth to this site for a while now for information purposes, so I finally decided to make myself a member lol.
    Been owning pitbulls here in Memphis, TN. for about 4 years now. Only about a year ago did I start getting into real certified 'game' line dogs with ADBA. My last boy ran off on me(his second time) about 6mnths ago. Couldn't find him this time.. But now I found a decent breeder here locally and now own a great dark blue/white boy thanks to Mr. Hardin. 1-4 gen ped. consists of Destiny Pits Mercedes, Dunn's Gator Dundee, Reynold's Alligator Dundee, Corbett's Hagbar the Horrible and Pitt's Colby Mist. (this is on top) to Clemmons' Big Easy and Yo Yo to Clemmons' Eli's Shadow, Freeman's Blue Mack Slim and Freeman's Razor Roxanne(these two are the main reason I joined the forum to ask ya'll some information about as I can't find any.), to the Camelot lines (all these on bottom).

I also own a blue fawn girl that's 25% Gotti line/ 25% Watchdog/ 25% Winegarner and 25% Holland's Blue Maxine.

Around late next year I'm looking to put these two dogs together one time to bring out the Clemmons' line from the Holland's Blue Maxine with my boy's Clemmons' line and see how the Gotti/watchdog 'look' goes with the game line.

I know I write a lot but I'm injured up in bed so this laptop's and my dogs' all I got!

Check out my dogs at www.myspace.com/lethalpits or www.rockstarpitbulls.com

~Jon Wayne

2. purplepig

purplepig CH Dog

Uh, you might want to duck.

EDIT

"ROCK SOLID PITBULLS

Home of the Game Bred Blues"
    How do you know they are game bred?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2006
  3. Miss Conduct

Miss Conduct CH Dog

If you TRULY have been reading/watching this board for a while, you better expect whats coming.

Mixing MUTTS with GB dogs, is RIDICULOUS. It goes in the COMPLETE opposite direction of what a GB bulldog stands for.

If you want that "Gotti" look, why not buy JUST "Gotti" dogs?? Mixing dogs w/human aggressive tendancies (Gotti, Watchdog, etc) with driven DA dogs is NOT a good thing, and you are asking for trouble. This kind of breeding would need EXTREMLEY hard culling, which i doubt that you would do.

I say this is a HUGE NO NO, and i would never ever ever think of doing something like this, makes NO sense whatsoever.

What do you plan on doing with the dogs/what is your justification for this?

Oh, and if you think I am being rude, or bitchey, just wait.

And know, that we all here at Game-dogs are here for the preservation of the ORIGINAL APBT.

2 people like this.
  4. FLpits

FLpits Big Dog

i going to say this before anybody else does, please do not breed. NO one on here like's byb, also why would u want to see a breeding like that? I have a blue but she's not one of those fat hippos like the RE or Gotti lines that give the blues a bad name, most of there lines are mixed to get that lower, fat and big head. I'm not attacking u or your dogs, so don't take this the wrong way.

1 person likes this.
  5. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

Ok, I gotta address few things here.

The RE & Watchdog bred dogs are usually NOT man aggressive, but the Camelot stuff is. In fact, their main stud dog Camelot's "The Duke" was said to be a terrible man-eater.

As for the Clemmons blood, it's good stuff, but I am only about 2 hours from Memphis & word on the street here is Big Easy isn't really producing all that well.

So IMO the breeding isn't one that will produce anything. The dogs themselves will only be a median representative of their style of dog. They won't be bully enough for the bully fanciers to like them & true gamedog fanciers won't touch them w/ a 10 ft pole b/c of the Gotti line blood.

Bully mixed bred cur line + Bully man-biter cur line + low percentage gamebred line.

Sounds like a losing proposition to me.

IMO if you want to breed I'd see if I could mentor under a good dogman & learn from him for a few years, get some good stock & go from there.

In the meantime I'd spay & neuter the babies you've got & love them for the wonderful pets they are.

BTW, welcome to the board & I hope you get better soon! ;)

6. Lethalpits

Lethalpits Top Dog

Well that was a great way to introduce me to this forum. Thanks for jumping down my throat.

First off, it's an idea I have in mind. My boy is 5 months old, and the 'Gotti' 'bully' whatever you want to name it female is only 3 months still.

I still have a friggin year of thinking. THE MAIN reason I was thinking about putting them together is because of her Holland's Blue Maxine line which goes into Clemmons' in the 4th gen. Seeing as how my boy is HEAVY Clemmons' through his 3rd and 4th gen I was thinking 'hmm maybe it would outweigh the bully line'. BOTH of my dogs seem to be GAME LINE HEAVY but have these so called 'bully' lines scattered in them. I can post both peds if you'd like.

I am at this forum for information and help. Not to get battered down and jumped on. I am trying NOT to be a BYB thats why I'm here. Thanks for your OPINIONS. This is 2006, alot of people are actually looking into the game/bully cross. Sucks to here that ey? Maybe you can deter my way of thinking, but that was definately not the route to choose.

and also to the poster about Big Easy, do you have any more info on him?

And another thing, I'm looking for INTELLIGENT and PATIENT DOG BREEDERS FOR HELP NOT SOMEONE TO PUT ME DOWN OFF TOP.

Now, like I said. My boy is game heavy from the Destiny Pits dogs on top, to the Clemmons' on bottom. Unfortunately, for color apparently, he has Camelot tied in him on bottom.

ONE OF MY GIRLS is Gotti/Watchdog and ALSO HOLLAND'S. Like I was SAYING I was WONDERING AND THINKING THAT PUTTING THEM TOGETHER WOULD PRODUCE GAME THAT WOULD OUTWEIGH THE SCATTERED BULLY. ANY INTELLIGENT INPUT IS WELCOME THANK YOU.

7. Lethalpits

Lethalpits Top Dog

And man another thing. I consider my boy a 'GAME BRED BLUE' due to the GAMENESS I witnessed in his parents and the GAMENESS I see in him from day one. I am already training him for pulling and hang time so who are you to tell me that my dog is no where near game? Because he has like 3% Camelot? God help us all.

And my website is not for breeding or any advertisement of BYB. It's about my current stock and my previous dogs from my past.

8. Lethalpits

Lethalpits Top Dog

and now I'm sorry for defending myself in an angered manner =o. But I just didn't approve of the snappy responses on my ideas and my dogs. I've only mentioned this supposed breeding to a few people at a show and other pit bull fanciers in my area and many thought it'd be interesting, and the ones that were serious game dogs that didn't approve gave me their calm and well put opinions that I took into consideration. Very different from here. But we're all grown people here (hopefully) and I can be able to learn from you all. So I do apologize.

9. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

Friend, this is not a forum for the weak of heart. A lot of us here are like our dogs - we bite hard & shake.

As for you, I think you are getting gameness & drive mixed up. There is no way on God's good green earth you could have seen any gameness in your 6 mo old puppy. DRIVE maybe, but not gameness.

As for Easy, I have not heard one good thing about him. He is a well bred dog sho 'nuff. I even know a guy who has 2 off him. But when I inqured about getting one off Easy I was told to steer clear b/c he was putting a lot of ice on the ground.

And I hate to burst your bubble, but I also know Destiny Pits personally & if my memory serves, the dogs you mentioned were NOT game bred. She has game bred dogs now, but her blues were pet bulls only.

Post a ped if you can & I will try to help as best I can. But from what you've told us on here, if you are looking to breed for game, just desex what you've got & get some game bred dogs from game breeding kennels.

JMHO ...

Miss Conduct likes this.
  10. Lethalpits

Lethalpits Top Dog

This is his 1-4, I gotta use sit stay to post.

Its at the very bottom not sure why. But thanks for any help on info. of the current dogs in the beginning.

But as far as his 'gameness' is concerned, I consider him ready. He is already pulling a considerable amount and hangs from a suspended rope for as long as I edge him on. These are things that I and others I work with that we consider game ready. I've seen some that showed no signs of this in the beginning and turned out later but rarely have I seen one with strong signs and them turn weak unless something tragic happened. Then again I guess I have no room to talk until he earns his points and I have the proper info to prove his 'gameness'...call it a strong drive I suppose. My boy is only 6 months. but he is far from a puppy. He loves working and using his energy and I can tell he is ready. But anyway thanks for talking more sensibly with me =)

First time didn't post out right. All I can do is link his ped.

blog.myspace.com/lethalpits

11. NCPatchwork

NCPatchwork CH Dog

How are you intending to prove his "gameness". The only way to prove gameness is being tested and since that is illegal in the US, it is doubtful that you can show this. I know that I am probably not going to be the only one to tell you this. You can't show that from pulling weight or hanging from a rope....sorry to tell you this.

12. GSDbulldog

GSDbulldog CH Dog

Um, hanging and pulling weight do not prove gameness.

Besides that, I'm not getting involved.

Welcome and enjoy your stay. I hope you learn something.

-GSD

13. Lethalpits

Lethalpits Top Dog

Then in other words, I can simply tell you that your dogs are not game because you have no proof of showing this to me because you can't legally scratch your dogs? Is hog hunting and weight pulling the only sports we have left for these game dogs? Or are you just wanting to me to say that my dog is already trying to scratch and showing significant signs of readiness?

14. GSDbulldog

GSDbulldog CH Dog

Yes, you can. No person with half a brain will out-right admit they have a proven game-dog. Unless they have a very distorted view of what gameness is. There are limitless (legal) activities for the APBT to compete it, don't underestimate these dogs.

15. Lethalpits

Lethalpits Top Dog

Then, from my half a brain, we have two different views on what is 'game'. Considering the actual 'game' or sport that these dogs are able to show their abilities in are not fighting but the above mentioned, and the term 'game' reffering to their drive, heart and stamina, and how they do in these sports, I would take one that does well to be 'game'. You on the other hand, may not because you didn't witness it take down 3 game dogs down in a fight.

Now, what is the point of even buying a game dog if you can't use it for the intended purpose of proving its gameness..

actually, your just telling me that game dogs are just dogs that derive from real game dogs or something?

16. GSDbulldog

GSDbulldog CH Dog

"Game dogs" are quite different from "game bred dogs". A person can go his/her entire life without witnessesing a truly game dog. But game-bred dogs (Depending on your defintion of game bred) are a dime-a-dozen.

17. Lethalpits

Lethalpits Top Dog

Game or Gameness is a quality of fighting dogs that are selectively bred and conditioned from a **very early age** to develop traits of eagerness despite substantive injury. Dogs displaying this trait can also be described as ready and willing, full of fight, spirited, or plucky. Badger baiting is a traditional method of determining gameness, and in the past the Irish Kennel Club required a Teastas Mor certification, earned through baiting, for any champion terrier.

But, no man with half a brain would consider his dog 'game'.

18. Suki

Suki Guest

19. Lethalpits

Lethalpits Top Dog

I know Suki.. I just said a year because thats when my female will already be around her second heat and whatnot.. but really there's no telling what will happen between now and then. I may not even have one of them by then.
    It's just a proposed idea of mine that I mentioned and got jumped for. I may never breed the female to my male, then again I might, I don't know. It's just an idea in mind.=) And as far as me actually getting into heavy breeding I'm sure I do need a mentor, but never did I consider myself a consistant breeder or some sort of producer. Dunno. Just got the wrong end from this forum.

20. Madusa

Madusa CH Dog

Pedigrees aside for a minute, what makes a dog worthy of being bred at 17 and 15 mths? Just because you wait until a second heat doesn't mean she is worthy or even ready to be bred.
    I would hope that you would put the time into your dogs to make them worth breeding first. Take the time to listen and learn from this forum there are many here that will be glad to help you, myself included.