1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Wal Mart kicks out service dog because of breed

Discussion in 'Pit Bull News' started by Verderben, Feb 14, 2007.

1. Verderben

Verderben CH Dog

the story can be found here:
    http://www.freewebs.com/chloethepitbull/walmartsdiscrimination.htm

<<<[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Walmart’s Illegal Treatment of[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Service Dogs [/font]
    • [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
    • •Two Walmart managers requested myself and my Service Dog to leave because of her breed stating there were children in the store and she is an unstable and vicious breed - They continued to asked us to leave EVEN AFTER being informed of our Service Dog legal rights and what they were asking was illegal!
      [/font]
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2.[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Legal rights of people depending upon Service Dogs and the uniqueness of Service Dogs >>>
    [/font]

1 person likes this.
  2. Attila

Attila Guest

sue that supporter of China. I don't shop there and sure will not now. Refusing service animals that aid the handicapped, sorry sumbitches. Boycot that dump.

3. kgip2k

kgip2k Guest

Agreed, you will not be seeing me in there shopping....

4. Titch_Pitbull

Titch_Pitbull Top Dog

Walmart Ban's Pitbull Service Dog.

(Sorry if posted before)

Cross Post

5. Michele

Michele Guest

Re: Walmart Ban's Pitbull Service Dog.

that pisses me off. Who the hell does WalMart think they are....I would of dropped everything that I was buying and told them all to go fuck themselves

6. WOW...somehow when always think someone has shocked the shit out me and couldn't get worse, I ALWAYS am proved wrong. How in the hell do these people think they can legally do this?
    I already hate Wal-Mart, but now I wish them to burn....

7. MercedesMama

MercedesMama Guest

Sheer ignorance and stupidity.

8. Michele

Michele Guest

Like I said in the other thread:

that pisses me off. Who the hell does WalMart think they are....I would of dropped everything that I was buying and told them all to go fuck themselves

9. you know now days this lawsuit happy society makes me mad. people spill hot coffee on themselves and it's the person's liability that sold them the coffee! wtf!! in this case though, SCUM-MART clearly, even after having it pointed out to them by the victim, violated the law. i hope they sue SCUM-MART and have enough money to send somebody out to do their shopping for them.

BOYCOTT! the ONLY thing corporations understand is hitting them in the pocket book! MONEY is the only thing that matters to them. i as an APBT owner will boycott the shithole and i ask that each and everyone of us do the same. if ten cents off your coffee or a dollar off that fry pan is worth it to you to support these scum then i ask you take another look at your view and help support our cause.

10. Re: Walmart Ban's Pitbull Service Dog.

Welp me and my income will be goign to kmart now that sears bought into kmart I would be just supporting my own job anywhey.

11. purplepig

purplepig CH Dog

Michele, You just shocked me!!LOL I never expected that from you!! I do agree that this is screwed up, but you just made me spill my coffee!! Shocked me, as I have seen you respond to some things that are really disturbing to you and not like that!! Now I will send you the cleaning bill of my keyboard!!

12. Michele

Michele Guest

sorry about your keyboard....I guess that story iced the cake for me....:D sorry if anyone else spilled stuff on their keyboards.....

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2007
  13. Hoyden

Hoyden Top Dog

I've had a few ding-a-lings throw fits about my service dog in Walmart and the Manager told them that the dog had a legally protected right to be in the store. The objecting shopper does not.

One manager commented that the dog is better behaved than most children in the store. At least she picks up the stuff I knock over.

If she opts to sue Walmart, she should demand that Walmart put in place training to make each and every Walmart management employee aware of the ADA law as it pertains to service animals.

I have law cards in Birdies service vest pouch, but have yet to use one. I've been fortunate in that I am finding that most people are pretty accepting of her breed and I get alot of people asking if they can pet her.

Our local supermarket and bank employees tease me and tell me not to come in unless I have the dog with me. The Dunkin Donuts AM workers always put a few munchkins or a piece of cheese in my order for her.

14. Attila

Attila Guest

add Lowes, Car Mart, Arvest Bank and Sam's Club to that list as well. Wal Mart owns those companies too.

15. Scotsman

Scotsman Top Dog

That is WRONG, glad I gave up Wal-Mart YEARS ago, why support a company that doesn't support American jobs.

16. Attila

Attila Guest

me too.

While boycotting the company you should add the other's owned by them so if your going to hit the pocket make sure you hit it good

Lowes
    car mart carmart
    Arvest Bank
    Sam's club

There may be more

17. MercedesMama

MercedesMama Guest

This Lowe's ALLOWS all breeds in. All dogs are welcome as long as they are well behaved, as in no potty in the store and no agressiveness, no matter what breed. And let's not boycott Lowe's that's my paycheck your messin with. Just because one store does this doesnt mean they all do.

18. Shame on Walmart!!!

19. Attila

Attila Guest

Is that a company policy or just your store? because here the manager told this couple to take their dorkie out side is was being quiet and in one of those bags people carry on their front like a baby deal. Sling of some sort. Not a back pack but a front pack. I understand your personal connection there but to effectivly hit them you have to cover all escapes.Just long enough for them to feel us.

20. MercedesMama

MercedesMama Guest

Well, company policy says only service animals are allowed. As far as I know there are many Lowe's stores who allow all types of dogs. I used to have a regular customer that would even bring his cat. It rode in the cart like a kid. I understand your point as well, but when sales are down, so is my pay. ;) So if ya'll wanna boycott, could ya at least cover my car payment...LOL!