1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Walter Komosinski and his dogs

Discussion in 'APBT History' started by RRL, Jun 22, 2011.

1. RRL

RRL Top Dog

I have searched the site and can't find much about Walter Komosinki and his dogs.I'd like to see some photos of his white dogs if anyone has them.Anything about him and his dogs would be appreciated.

2. bgblok68

bgblok68 CH Dog

I've read some good stories about the man and how he cared for his dogs.

3. Finito

Finito Big Dog

Pretty sure that i have a copy of one of the Little Books on Komosinski which E.M. done. I'll check in the next couple days & let you know what is in & if it is of any use you can try & get a copy.

4. RRL

RRL Top Dog

Thank You.

5. preme

preme CH Dog

had a komosinski/hetrick bred dog in the late 80's that was a monster .

6. crushbones

crushbones CH Dog

I'm about to aquire a Eli jr/komosinski breed dog...hopefully he/she works out for me

7. preme

preme CH Dog

good luck with her .. good to see mr k 's blood still living ..

8. Where are they located, if u dont mind?

9. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

all i know is he was a miner from poland. if you wanted to go into him you need to go to his yard. i believe his pit was similar to a mine shaft dark & dusty. hard fella to beat. colby,ofrn cross i think?

10. redrumdog

redrumdog Top Dog

Walter used old colby dogs to start with,they was mostly white.Some say that he used Bull Terriers in with his dogs.A neighbor of Walters was known for his Bull Terriers.But Walter had some good rough game dogs.He was involved with the dogs till his late 80's.Walter had over 80 acres of land,each dog had his own tree for shade and he made them very good insulated dog houses.He made his own food and really took good care of his dogs.Walter was not as friendly with people.It took a lot to get to know him and some people he wouldn't sell a dog to.There are a few stories out there about Walter but the one I like the most was a few guys pulled up into his driveway and had a few dogs that was condition and wanted to roll them for some money.Walter took dogs right off the chain and won every fight.If u read Armitages book u will see Walter's name in there.Hope this helps.

11. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

is any of his stuff still around?

12. RRL

RRL Top Dog

Thanks,I'll have to pick up that Armitage book.

13. AxeMan

AxeMan Pup

14. preme

preme CH Dog

from pa not to far from his old place....

15. RRL

RRL Top Dog

16. RRL

RRL Top Dog

17. redrumdog

redrumdog Top Dog

When Walter realized he wasn't going to make it ,when he was sick he had his friend put down all his dogs.I don't know if the guy saved any for his self.Ozzie had some of Walters blood and a few guys close to Walters area in Northern Pa and Ohio area. But u won't find any pure WK blood .Walter was a true blue dogman.

18. RRL

RRL Top Dog

He sure was! What you mention is in the story that I read about Walter Komosinski...he said nobody could take care of his dogs as good as himself.When people would stop by his property he would always have 3 dogs going full blast on treadmills and you could bring a dog up there to match into any of his dogs (your pick).He would even let you borrow a shovel when the match was done!

19. preme

preme CH Dog

there around just not widely used i lnow of a few folks in w pa with them not many like you stated good post .. my uncle being one... tight and crossed with the old uselton stuff .. i wish i could have preserved that blood through ones i had , being young and dumb .....

20. bgblok68

bgblok68 CH Dog

being young and dumb ..... hopefully makes you old and wise. lol