1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Walter Komosinski and his dogs

Discussion in 'APBT History' started by RRL, Jun 22, 2011.

1. crushbones

crushbones CH Dog

2. preme

preme CH Dog

nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. art

art Big Dog

uselton/ komosinski cross ya it was back in the ped but stell there and boy did them good dog look funny ones i seen

4. Finito

Finito Big Dog

Best book out there on the dogs. Here is some excerpts that i have wrote down for you & others.
    That "A Legacy Little Book" is 28 pages long & includes 6 gen peds of K's Jeff,K's (Donovan's) Tige,K's Mister,K's (Roofner's) Brownie,K's Rocky,K's (Donovan's) Crib,K's (Flack's) Scout,K's Lena,K's Betsy,K's Rod & K's Moll,K's (Stephany's) Mutt,Stephany's Radar & Stephany's Joker. Peds include write up on dogs.
    Some photo's inside which do include good quality ones.
    Some reports.
    Born in Poland in 1894.
    Age 14 he travelled to the States to work in the coal mines in Pennsylvania.
    Settled in Creighton & by 1956 he had worked his way up to Supervisor,as well as Inspector.
    Creighton is just across the river from Kensington,home of George Armitage.
    Retired in 1960 & bought an 88 acre farm.
    In a barn he would work four dogs at a time.
    He would have two kennels for each dog. One with straw & one without to help keep the dog warm or cool.
    He cooked his own beef & mixed it with the broth & dry feed.
    Walter started out with a female he got from Armitage called Gilda,who was a gr-daughter of Clark's Tramp.
    Another foundation female from Armitage which Walter got was Nancy who was sired by Armitages Mike II x Bollinger's Beauty. Mike II had previously had killed Komosinski's Jeff in a roll in 1931,used to game test Mike II.
    Pete Donovan & Walter both owned many of the same dogs at one time in their lives.
    K's Jeff was put to Bollinger's Beauty & produced K's (Donovan's) Tige who was a great 45lb dog & was a 2xw. Pete Donovan had him open to the world for $1000.00 with no takers,so he sold him to fanciers in Mexico.
    When Walter was 80yr old he agreed to a match with against R.L. who was 38yr old at the time. Two week before the contest R.L. shows up at Walters with the dog he was using. He told Walter "this is the dog that i am going to use & he is going to kill your dog". Walter replied "we will see. I have whisky or wine. What would you prefer ?"
    R.L. tried to bully Walter that day & the more he drank,the worse he got. A young friend of Walters called Oscar was in the house tha day & witnessed everything. Eventually after hearing so much crap from R.L.,Walter told him to go get his dog.
    The barn was a two story barn & the top was where it was going to happen. Oscar agreed to judge the show,with Walter using a dog called Jay that was by a Colby male x Komosinski female. R.L. using a brindle called Sammy which was a Hetrick bred dog from the old Colby & Lightner lines.
    Jay dominated from the start & Sammy quit in 18min. R.L. could not believe it & duly walked away with Sammy,passing a 13month old dog of Walters which was straining at the end of a chain. R.L. walked straight up to that pup with Sammy,who was took by the leg & continued with his yelling. Walter turned up & was far from happy with R.L.,telling him to get that dog off his pup. R.L. tried to seperate them without a stick,but could not & Walter started to lose patience. After telling R.L. several more times to seperate them he hit R.L. with a right uppercut that sent him flying. As he tried to get to his feet Walter took his glasses off,with R.L. moving closer. Walter hit him straight to the face that once again put him on his backside. Oscar had seen enough & did not want to see 80yr old Walter having to defend himself,so he stepped inbetween them. He did not have to bother as R.L. asked Walter to leave him alone & he was going. Walter was not to be underestimated & neither was his dogs.
    Walter was always known to listen to those around him,no matter how long they had been in the game,or how new they were. If anyone took the time to talk to him,he took the time to listen to them.
    There is another story on a crew trying to take advantage of old Walter,but they too were told in no uncertain terms by Walter.
    Walter died January 30th 1983 aged 88yr. He never had any children & had instructed his wife,that upon his death,his dogs were to be put to sleep.

5. RRL

RRL Top Dog

Finito,is the Walter Komosinski legacy book still available?

6. ROCCITY

ROCCITY Big Dog

Here is Komosinski's Mutt- Owned by Ozzie Stevens

Mutt.jpg

7. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

that's a great looking bulldog ozzie had.

8. redrumdog

redrumdog Top Dog

Yeah Jack Kelly tried to buy Mutt from Walter.But Walter wouldn't sell Mutt to Jack.Later Walter sold Mutt to Ozzie.Heres a story for you guys I was walking my dog when a guy jogged by me and looked real hard at my dog.I didn't think nothing by it then I ran into him while I was taking a break.He said thats a nice looking PitBull Dog,most people keep theirs to fat.I said thanks.He then said my granddad used to raise them and had many.He was what u would call a dogman.Well that really got my attention.We started talking and it turns out his granddad was Jack-Boellard(not sure of spelling).He said u probably don't know him,or ever heard of him.I smiled and said yeah he was friends with Walter Komosinki,Pete Donovan,George Armitage, the Kuhns ,and Ozzie Stevens.The guy almost fell over.He said yeah I knew all those guys except Armitage and Donovan I only saw picks of them.He said he heard plenty of stories.He said that his granddad Jack had dogs from Walter,Armitage ,and Donovan.What dump luck.

9. art

art Big Dog

dam lol ...........................

10. Finito

Finito Big Dog

RRL,when i said "the best book out there on the dogs" i meant the Armitage one.
    Sure someone put a link up (in the section where stuff goes for sale) to buy them Legacy books. Not a lot in some of them & as i said,the Komosinski one is only 28 pages. Nice little books which are in a folder. Other than that E.M. had a mag which someone may be able to send you an address. Private of course.

11. RRL

RRL Top Dog

I see.Thanks for telling me about the book,appreciate it.

12. RRL

RRL Top Dog

There is a story in G.Hammonds book about his dog Komosinski's Kate.

13. tamthebam

tamthebam Big Dog

That Komosinski's Mutt dog definately looks to have some English Bull Terrier in him.

14. art

art Big Dog

15. riffraff

riffraff Pup

i thought that straight away shape of head eyes and a bit in body

16. riffraff

riffraff Pup

that was to tamthebams post

17. heres a pic of walters yard
    [​IMG]

18. RRL

RRL Top Dog

Very Nice!

19. NatureBoy

NatureBoy Big Dog

;);).........

20. PITS+PATTS

PITS+PATTS Big Dog

There's some old black+white pictures of him in his yard knocking about,can't remember off hand where i saw them but will shout ya when i find them.