1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Walter Komosinski and his dogs

Discussion in 'APBT History' started by RRL, Jun 22, 2011.

1. RRL

RRL Top Dog

Cool! I'd like to see them.

2. Jagdman

Jagdman Pup

Walter was kind of a crazy guy,my best friend Jeff Kuhns (RIP my friend) and his dad Jack were good friends of Walter and had a lot of his dogs.They both told me many stories about the man.One that leapes to mind was one morning Walter was out in his yard early and found his dog Lena (?) had a guy up a tree.He say's black man from town what are you doing? The guy say's I came here to buy a dog!!He said next time you come to my door before dark.Lena looks thirsty,he takes Lena back and turns a big male loose that almost reaches the black man from town.He left him up there all day.
    All the stories of him taking dogs oof the chain and beatting most are true.My buddy Dogwalker found out for himself.He had a very good dog,worked him for 6 weeks,had him in top condition and went off to whip Walter.Walter looked at his charge and walked back to his yard and said take your pick!Needless to say Dogwalker went home minus a dog and all his money!
    He somehow made a sucsessful cross with bullterriers.I was told there was a women named Trudy that lived near Walter that raised bullterriers and somehow he made a cross that retained gameness.Everyone knew it but not many would say it to Walters face.Oh ya he was a bare knuckle fighter while he worked in the mines.Jeff told me one time he saw Walter in the pit and his opponent was mouthing off and Walter told him when dogs are done me and you fight.The mans dog lasted longer than he did!
    Its also true that when he died he had all his remaining dogs put down,and thats a damn shame.