1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Watch dog bloodline?

Discussion in 'APBT History' started by Geronimo, Apr 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Geronimo

Geronimo Banned

I havent been able to find much information on the Watchdog Blood line. The little I gathered was they specialized in catch weight blue bulldogs and have been known as man biters. I own a dog with Watchdog in her and she is a timid dog. I would appreciate any info that anyone may have.

2. mccoypitbulls

mccoypitbulls Underdog

Geronimo - There is a bit of info on this site, they have become 90% all bully lines, but there are some still true to form out there. Search on here and I believe you will find some info.

3. bgblok68

bgblok68 CH Dog

Look on facebook.

4. Most of it have been messed up but there are some good ones left out there I have some that have a lot of old watchdog in it good weight pull an catch dogs

5. mccoypitbulls

mccoypitbulls Underdog

Which dogs from watchdog do yours go back to?? the stuff that leads to Ruffian, Xpert, and lonzo stuff or Swaynes
    Also -Got some with some Mason stuff, nothing I'd say is pretty paper wise, but honest catch/working dogs from these ol dogs. 80%% of the "known" dogs behind Watchdog were game bred, and were performance dogs used for catch work or hunting of some sort!

What type of info are you after on em?
    to know whats good and bad from this line, you have to study peds like crazy, and avoid the bully palooza bs watchdog shit people peddle there, cause they may have hard time getting on or off a couch!
    heard some PA, but may have to do with how they are used. would not keep a dog that raised a lip at a person

6. I will post peds when I get home all my stuff comes from Eddie Falin out of Tennessee its TNT watchdog

7. Geronimo

Geronimo Banned

I bought the apbt with watchdog/Razors edge(I know its a mutt). Like I said it is a little timid. When I bought her she had a big scar on the top of her head. The breeder said it was from playing rough and falling down some stairs but because of the size of the scar I call bullshit. He probably beat her and I know he didnt socialize her. We got her when she was 6 months. Im just trying to see if its a good idea for her new owners(father inlaw) to breed her. I want to pin point her timid ways to either the way she was raised or genes.

8. RedGoodbye

RedGoodbye CH Dog

The line was developed to be big flashy blue catchweight fiery working dogs. Thay were never developed for nor intended to be or were ever popular as fastlane sporting dogs.The originator of the line Mr. Courtiar (sp?) ran a bulldog magazene at one point. He also bred working American Bulldogs witch may or may not be where them dogs got there size. The line has not ben maintained properly and is gone in its true form.The only straight blood ive seen or herd of down from it is those grapevine dogs and thay are not working animals. Big bully things. The old Blue bully dogs were crossed to some true working stock with some vary limited sucsess.

9. RedGoodbye

RedGoodbye CH Dog

Leave the breeding to the pros! You should not even have that thought in youre head.

10. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

Are u sure red? Cuz i remember them dogs bein legit in the late 80's early 90's.
    I never owned any (or seen any for that matter), but i remember seein their ads in the old gazzettes and although i remember them dogs bein blue i dont remember them bein close to the size of the dogs they produce modernly.
    I may be wrong but i always kinda pictured them as a kennel that started out breedin for bulldogs n hoppd on the bully bandwagon when that became popular.

11. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

Well actually i dont remember shit from the 80s, but i remember readin the ads in the 90s lol

12. RedGoodbye

RedGoodbye CH Dog

Thats my take on it from what ive gatherd.

13. RedGoodbye

RedGoodbye CH Dog

Anyone can post anything in the gazette. look threw the same gazette for wining watchdog bred pitdogs lol good luck. Like I said it has ben crossed with true working fastlane stock back in the day and was said to produce an occasional big strong hard biteing ruff dogs that were short on gamness and dident tend to produce.

14. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

Makes sense....

15. RedGoodbye

RedGoodbye CH Dog

Name me one working kennel that ever ran this blood heavy with good results?He was said to have rolled and tested some of his original stock and thay were from what I understand bred to be serious working animals in there own regard, just not fastlane combat dogs.

16. RedGoodbye

RedGoodbye CH Dog

Now apbt blood was used in the recreation of the american bulldog. Working american bulldog kennels were known to cross back into the apbt stock to keep em true. He had both a working bulldog and working apbt kennel all at one time before he got out of the breed alltogether and stayed with his bulldogs.Jus sayin?? Who knows. Them some big ol lippy ass dogs. lol I look at the watchdog blood more like the eddington bred dogs. Two guys who had there own vision of what a pitbull could be out of the pit. Almost a subcatagory within the breed. There own subspecies lol. But thay were not kept to standerd so basicly mutts with a purpious with apbt blood lol

17. Geronimo

Geronimo Banned

On another note. What exactly makes you a pro? Not saying I breed or ever will but I have always wondered why so many ppl on these forums reserve the right to slander other breeders. If you are a breeder did you consider yourself a pro to begin wit. Is it the ability to produce the standards you breed for, the standards and traits you want, the overall purpose you breed for, your ethical view in general on breeding, your ethical view of breeding your particular type of breed, are you a geneticist, the care you give to your dogs, the ability to place your pups in the most suitable homes, your knowledge of the breed, your knowledge of dogs in general. In my eyes I think If I were to breed I would have to be able to come up with an answere for all of these that would accomadate my morals, integrity, the overall well being of the breed and dogs I produce.

18. Here we fucking go. YOU ASK for "any info" and somebody gives you a very nice bit of info and you come crying with your panties down around your ankles like somebody has done stuck it in your butt without lube. This person took the time out of their day to give you legitimate info on a line YOU ASKED about, now you twist it into "slander". A typical dumbass response from a typical dumbass, who doesn't know jack about the breed, who didn't get the answer they were hoping to get. I didn't see one single bit of slander, negativity, or running down of the line. What I did see was a nice explanation of what the person knows about the dogs, the line, and what way it's went from it's creation.

As for your views on breeding, well we won't even begin to to get into what you're seriously lacking in that dept.

19. mccoypitbulls

mccoypitbulls Underdog

20. elifan

elifan Big Dog

somebody has done stuck it in your butt without lube....... lmao that was good

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.