1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

We tryed :(

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Marty, Oct 23, 2006.

1. Marty

Marty Guest

Its like the weather in Ga though, don't like it? stick around for a min it will change ;)

2. Suki

Suki Guest

indeed, Tx to you, bottle inhand!!!!
    Salute!:)

3. LuvinBullies

LuvinBullies CH Dog

Got mine, too. It's needed.:p Every time I come back over here I roll back my shoulders and take a sip. I let my first one get warm, though- I spent a good long time on my last post over there because it was long and I really wanted to word it well because I felt it was really important, and my poor first beer got neglected. :( Ahh well, just one for the team I guess. :)

4. Well, its been a short stay. I would just like to say, as much as I agreed with most of what you all had to say I am done here. Any forum that can have the "here I will kill this one and you go get one from the shelter" mentality is definately not for me. Im out!

5. mydawgs

mydawgs CH Dog

See no truth, hear no truth, speak no truth.........and learn not a blasted thing

6. LuvinBullies

LuvinBullies CH Dog

I'm stymied. You are accusing an entire forum of unifying under this statement you just created? I hope you will reconsider and not stay behind after the first tender issue gets to you. You have let a touchy subject shut down the possibility to learn. You do not have to agree with every facet of everything you learn about. I certainly don't. Learning can be a tough pill to swallow- especially when you think you know more than the teacher. Lord knows I've been there, when quitting seems like the stand up thing to do, and quit something before I even knew anything about it. What is worse: the elective culling of a single pup by its knowledgeable breeder because he knows the dog will contribute to the problems the breed is facing or the 38 mass cullings in Denver of both tried and true friendly bulldogs and pups whose eyes were not even open yet? Why did they all die? Because people do not have any desire to learn about the American Pit Bull Terrier.
    The deaths of those dogs is a direct result of quitters. Don't side with those who kill what they do not know anything about.

Just for the record, I do not breed-and I do not glorify culling or know much about it. It boils down to a question of ethics for some- and it is certainly a very sad moment when any puppy is killed for any reason. But we are amidst a much sadder moment indeed when pups and family dogs alike are being culled by the thousands simply for being or resembling American Pit Bull Terriers, by people who know absolutely nothing about them.

7. X

X Banned

Goodbye then, have a nice life under your rock. :)

8. ghost 1

ghost 1 CH Dog

u got that right ,,, that's for sure:D :D ;)

9. Life under a rock? I think that is hardly fair to say. LuvinBullies. I am sorry for say the whole forum, but I don't want to have anything to do with the people that think that killing a dog because it is not up to standards is right. It is only lazy people that do that. There are good homes out there for those dogs, whether you believe that or not. To those of you that do kill dogs because they arent good enough.......you are not a responsible breeder in any way shape or form. A responsible breeder would take the time to find enough suitable homes for ALL the puppies if they were not up to standards. You would also spay or neuter them before they go to their new home. This way they will be out of the gene pool but can still live a happy life in a home with people that care about them. If you cannot do that or are too inconvenienced to do so then you should not be breeding.

But anyways, I will go live under my rock now, with people are fair in their treatment to their "beloved pets".

10. cheekymunkee

cheekymunkee Top Dog

I don't in any way agree with everything that is said or done on this forum ( or ANY forum for that matter) but there is a LOT to be learned from it. Take what you need & leave the rest. Not everyone here has the mindset that you described, I am not one that could do it ( and I have never bred a litter and never will) but for SOME breeders, I can see the purpose behind the practice. There are breeders that only want the BEST of the best representing their kennel. They do not want to place puppies in pet only homes.

11. simms

simms CH Dog

I can not responsibly place an animal with you and most that frequent this board.....mostly due to, the veary thoughts that prompted you to respond the way you have......This breeds not for everyone, sad but true.

I'll give ya alil food for thought,....A good breeder uses most of what they breed if not all.....A good breeder will rarely place outside of thier circle .....Agood breeder will cull if need be...A good breeder will always strive to improve and maintain the standard set before them.....

Some how, in your post....I get the impression that you are going on emotional feelings....with little to No ability to think criticly.

12. Miss Conduct

Miss Conduct CH Dog

There are MANY dogs that should NOT reach societys hands. Yes, you are responsible for the animals lives when you breed, but being responsible also involves taking animals lives when needed. Example- a human aggressive dog (regardless of breed) should have no place in society, it is the BREEDERS RESPONSIBILITY to not let that dog ever harm someone. Re-homing the dog is wrong!
    Dogs with horrible health problems are another example. Letting a dog suffer on a daily basis because "its cruel to kill", is even more cruel.

If every breeder did this, there wouldnt be the rampant problems of today. Hell, if most breeders would pull their heads out and spay/neuter dogs not fit to standard/dogs with health issues, etc we would all be much better off. MANY more dogs would have good homes, instead of being stuck in cages in shelters.

13. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

If there were homes for all the dogs in the world today...the shelters wouldnt be full, and body bags filled in trash piles behind every shelter in America, as well as most other civilized country.

14. I am not saying that a human aggressive animal has its place in society. I am not saying that a sick animal shouldn't be PTS. What I am saying, is that I find it ridiculous that some can breed, knowing they will end up with dogs that will only be pet quality, will kill them because they are unwilling to neuter and spay them and place them in pet quality homes.

15. LuvinBullies

LuvinBullies CH Dog

I would like to pretty please ask everyone to disregard this post by savethebullied and start her again with a clean slate. I asked her (I'm assuming she...if I am wrong whoopsie daisy:p) not to leave, but stay here and continue to learn with us- and she is.

So to savethebullied: just agree to disagree for now about this hot topic that upsets you, (some may accidentally skip this post and continue to respond to your post- let it ride.)
    and to everyone else: let's be glad we haven't lost someone to go on and join all the other forces against us.

There. Ill have to go tell my husband I'm not completely useless, no matter what his mother says.:D

16. LuvinBullies

LuvinBullies CH Dog

Oh well. I am completely useless. I guess I stated the obvious since she beat me back to posting. What a jip! :o

17. Yes, LuvinBullies, I have decided to stay. But for the record so that everyone knows, I have never agreed with the killing of innocent dogs, whether it be a breeder or a shelter that does it, and I never will agree with it. Thanks LuvinBullies!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2006
  18. simms

simms CH Dog

Not enough Responsible pet qaulity homes for this breed in particular. Not to mention the mass amount of breeders that do infact only breed substandard pet qaulity animals.....that do flood the market on an over baring society!

I dont breed pets,I breed a working standard and some of these animals will not make a pet....even with the most Ideal circumstances & accomedations offered.

It's Ok that Culling is not for you......Dont breed! Not for the meek, dont condem those who choose to be responsible. Work on your Spay and Nueter campaigne, work on those forever homes as those are scairce and few and far between.

I dont care to discuss the issues of chaining ....I chain.

However I would like to know what accountability means to you...particulary when an animal mames,mauls a person or another animal.....where does it start in the life cycle and whos ultimatly responisble or should be.

Think about it and feel free to start a new thread if it suits you.

19. Like I stated before. If a dog CANNOT be placed in a home, meaning it is diseased, or a threat to humans, then no I do not have a problem with humane euthanisia. It is when a person says that they have no problem killing an animal because it is not up to standard (or up to THEIR standards), that I have a problem. I know it may not be easy for a person to find a responsible suitable home for a dog that is not up to standards, but a responsible breeder will spay/neuter the animal and place a dog, that is not HA, or diseased with a responsible home.

Finding suitable homes for ones that you cannot keep or do not like (for various reasons), should be done before you even breed your bitch. If you cannot find homes for those dogs then you shouldn't breed. Simple as that.

Again, I am not saying "place a HA or diseased dog"

20. pancho

pancho Guest

I can't say I agree with either. I do have to live in the real world. To produce a dog that is used for any type job other than pet there will have to be those who cull. It happens in all performance breeds. Not all greyhounds will make racers. Thousands are culled each year. Not all herding dogs will herd. Not all hunting dogs will hunt. People who breed these dogs have to be able to cull. Not every dog in a litter is a good representation of the breed. There are not enough pet homes. There isn't enough room in pounds.
    I don't know the answer. To continue improving the breed we have to breed. If we breed we will have to cull. Many who choose to breed do so with no idea on improving the breed. I can't say it isn't their right to choose to breed their dog. I can't say they have to cull their dogs. I don't think anyone else should control what others do with their animals, within reason.