1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Websites for APBT color genetics?

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Blau, Feb 2, 2010.

1. Blau

Blau Big Dog

I was wondering if anyone knew of an in depth website/page specifically for color and pattern genes in APBT's?
    Similar to this page for GSDs- GSD Patterns, Colors, Coat Lengths & More
    Or this page for whippets- Color Genetics

I've been getting back into understanding genetics lately; I know the color genes in general from a huge GSD book I have that goes pretty in depth about Locus' and dominants/recessives [IE white in a dog always covers other colors, not colors over white]

But yeah, if you know of a webpage, do share! Even if not that much into the genes themselves, a complete color chart would be awesome. And if there isn't one... Guess I'll make one, lol.

2. Muttkip

Muttkip Big Dog

Here's a few I've found over my years of looking into the breed.
    I should have shown them to ya last time you were at my house LMAO!

The Pit Bulls Many Colors
    American Pit Bull Terrier Network APBT color gallery
    http://americanpitbullregistry.com/pitbullpictures.htm
    American Dog Breeders Association
    Am Staff Network
    American Dog Breeders Association
    http://www.adbadog.com/uploads/pdf%20forms/colors03_2008.pdf
    Encyclopedia of the American Pit Bull Terrier : HomePage

Hope this helps :)
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

3. Blau

Blau Big Dog

TY Mutt :dogkiss: I should have asked you in the first place LOL

4. Muttkip

Muttkip Big Dog

Welcome Blau
    Next time shoot me an IM or call me lmao!!:dogdrink:
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">