1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Weight Training

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Yas, Jan 11, 2014.

1. Yas

Yas Big Dog

2. F.D.

F.D. Top Dog

Cool. I have heard the deadlift is a good one.

3. St. Ides

St. Ides Big Dog

It is. I've been doing rack pulls lately since the closest gym doesn't have bumper plates or a deadlift platform.

4. Oh man.. The deadlift is one of my favorite exercises.

5. Sabong1

Sabong1 Big Dog

Good stuff Yas. Have been doing these 2 exercises a lot in my crossfit class. Got dead lift down but trying to get the hang of clean and jerk. I have the problem of lifting with my shoulders and not my legs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Yas

Yas Big Dog

On the Clean & Jerk see if it makes a difference if you don't grip the bar so tight.

7. Sabong1

Sabong1 Big Dog

Will try that Yas. Thanks for the advice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Hey Yas, maybe you came help me. Every time I do repetitive cleans, I come away with a bruise on my right clavicle (it sticks out more than the left). I'm not maxing my weight as I'm still trying to get the form down. But I feel like it must be from catching it wrong?

9. Yas

Yas Big Dog

Hey bud, impossible to say without being there but sounds like it could be down to muscle imbalances more than the way you are catching it ie. does the right clavicle stick out more when you are just standing there? Scapula stick out more on the right side? If you hold a pencil in each hand at your sides is the left one pointing more straight ahead than the right? Like I said though impossible to say without being there.

10. It does stick out more. Which sucks. We did power squats last night and I found that I don't have my elbows up enough when catching the bar. Dropping weight and building back up.