1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Weight?

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Aceman, May 18, 2006.

1. Aceman

Aceman Big Dog

My boy is 4 months and 2 weeks old now, he is weighing in a little over 30 pounds very muscular looking and solid as a rock, strong little boy. Is this weight about par for the course for a Pit of this age?? Just wondering.

2. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

Depends on how he is bred, some families stay about 30 lbs. and these big blue cur mastiff mutts being called "pitbulls" are weighing 4x that! For an average, true-to-standard APBT, I'd say he is about right, a little large...but not massive, and a good portion is probably puppy fat. A good guestimate is double their weight at 6 months, and refer that back to how big the parents were. If those numbers are about the same, expect a dog in that area.

3. Aceman

Aceman Big Dog

thank you 14 rock

I hope he doesn,t get too much bigger, he is like a bull in a china shop now,,lol. Hopefully only another 10 or 15 pounds and he,ll be maxed out,hehe,, thanks again.

4. Defend2DaEnd

Defend2DaEnd CH Dog

My female weighs in at 32 lbs and 14 months so your dog is big for me. But some turn out that way.

5. NCPatchwork

NCPatchwork CH Dog

Yeah...they seem to be different weights...my male is about 5 months old and weighs 24 pounds...solid...so yeah..different weights

6. cemoreno

cemoreno Top Dog

My five month old female is 25lbs solid and all she does is run around like a crazy dog all the time I swear she never stops! She's going to be crazy.....

7. bam-bam's mom

bam-bam's mom Big Dog

at 5 months my female weighed in at 33 lbs, and my male weighed 48. they are neither blue nor muts, some just weight a lil more. and mine are on the fluffy side, not in condition at all.

8. Bullyboi

Bullyboi CH Dog

My girl is about 2.5 years old and weighs around 40 pounds fat.

9. My five month old pup is about 16 pounds.

10. Aceman

Aceman Big Dog

Wow, I do see how they differ,, I actually just weighed him and he is 31 pounds dead on.

11. Bailey4

Bailey4 Pup

They say that dogs don't completly stop growing until 2 years, so on average will they be two times their weight at 6 months once they turn two??

12. my "BaBy" APBT is about 11 months old and weighs in at a chubby 63 Lbs. i guess i got a fat one hehehehe.