1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Well established kennel or veteran underground dogman.

Discussion in 'Breeder Discussion' started by Tommygunn, Jun 13, 2010.

1. Tommygunn

Tommygunn Big Dog

I would like to know using the normal guidlines in choosing a dog or pup which would you most likely get it from. A well established kennel or a veteran aka oldtimer dogman. I personally would check out both but would go with the old timer due to the fact of less heat, less water, less greediness. JMO

2. Tommygunn

Tommygunn Big Dog

Can't forget the underground part.

3. fblb

fblb Top Dog

I would get it from someone I trust.

4. shortbedder

shortbedder Big Dog

using the normal guidlines. TRUST is number 1

5. bauer

bauer Top Dog

The one with the most experience

6. ShakaZ

ShakaZ CH Dog

Pre 76 I'd have said the dogman... now the established kennel.

7. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

creagslist or bargain trader

8. Yardboy

Yardboy CH Dog

Greyline kennels........

9. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

lol here ya'll go. Naw but for real wouldnt matter to me. As longs as the dogs are for real. U can talk to someone and find out what they are all about, important thing is to be patient and not buy on impulse

10. Tommygunn

Tommygunn Big Dog

Thanks for the insight DP. I have gotten used to the usual fuckheads on this site that don't appear to offer much wisdom.

11. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

about as much " wisdom" as a certain fella getting "arrested" for hanging papers lol. or maybe twice as much "wisdom" as a certain fella that bred ROM dogs & fed more then a few ch who now produces shiteaters. WTF does it matter where a dog comes from closed or open yard. the man behind the dog is the biggest factors. hell a few came from the side of the road or the pound or a fle market.

12. Tommygunn

Tommygunn Big Dog

Thanx for your priceless input Ben you are the greatest.

13. ShakaZ

ShakaZ CH Dog

You're being sarcastic but the man is trying to learn you something son.

14. Tommygunn

Tommygunn Big Dog

Thought he was was being a smartass. If not my apologise. Already knew the info. Of what he was sayin shaka.

15. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

aw hell shakaZ a fella can only learn if he really wants. " you can lead a horse to water but ya can't make them drink". really the whole thread is bogus because what constitutes a "kennel" ? or even a " well established kennel ? what the difference where the dogs come from because the man behind the dogs is the biggest factors. a dipshit can get a dog from a first class dogman from his best stock. & down the road ruin it. or a fella with knowledge can get a "cur" from a dipshit & make high rank with it & produce bulldogs. it ain't where your from it's where your at understand.

16. Yardboy

Yardboy CH Dog

I got some words of wisdom from a guy on this subject once........"never buy a dog from a guy who breeds them for a living". Makes good sense if you think about it. He may know what he's doin, but truth is he don't care about you or that dog. What he cares about is paying the bills. In that case, I say go with the veteran. 1. He knows what he's got. 2. He has the time to help you with any questions or problems. 3. He will reconize a good one or a bad one cause he's been working with that family of dogs for 30+ years. 4. He will be able to tell you how to best breed what you've got based on his own experiences.

Now that is assuming this veteran is a good one and not somebody who spent all that time feeding dogs and never really becoming a dogman.

17. Tommygunn

Tommygunn Big Dog

Yes Ben I understand thank you.

18. very well put but at times given today's climate in the abpt world not may true dogman seem to want to help due to all the heat they think everyone is out to get them it hard to build trust or even conversation with some of these true dogman ,you're able to reach more of the guys who advertise and want lots $$ for there pups

19. akcbr954

akcbr954 Big Dog

why do u thank him??? all he said is what every single *ucker on this site says but he changed the words...we get it ben "a good dog can come from anywhere"...but obv we r talking about %'s here......and % wise good dogs come from good dogs....thats why old timers bred best 2 best

20. ShakaZ

ShakaZ CH Dog

Anything worth doing and having is worth taking the time illmatic.