1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Well this is interesting to say the least.......

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by NewSchoolDogMan, Dec 26, 2010.

1. NewSchoolDogMan

NewSchoolDogMan Top Dog

So apparently in parts of Florida, there is an established population of nuisance burmese pythons as well as various large lizards known as monitor lizards. There has been a lot of hype in Florida where these monitor lizards and burmese pythons have been eating people's pets. After reading through various people eliminating these nuisance reptiles, mostly via hunting rifles and shot guns, I heard of a few dogmen using their apbts to rid their neck of the woods of these pythons and lizards. I found this to be pretty interesting and thought I'd share.

2. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

i wouldn't be using my dogs, both will kill and eat a dog.

3. They have been there for years, and there is a growing population of them there but never heard anyone useing bulldogs to get rid of them..........

4. MCS

MCS CH Dog

These kinda things have been around for a while and there isn't really any way to get rid of them, they are in the glades and even the city limits right here in saint Pete. It is dumb to put a dog on a snake, if that snake coils that dog is gone. Tegus and monitors also can mess a dog up with a bite, most these type of lizards have funky bacteria in their mouths that will infect a wound much faster than from a mammal. The dept of environment is actively trying to rid the state of these non native species leave it to them.