1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

what bloodline for explosiveness off start?

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by GT99, Aug 24, 2004.

1. GT99

GT99 Pup

What would be the best line or cross for explosiveness and quick finishes before gameness ever comes into play? Something with hard mouth and skill?

I am new to this and am trying to get a general idea on what lines and crosses are known for, a quick description on what lines are known for what intelligence, skill, mouth, size, gameness, barnstormers, head, chest dogs, highest % of good offspring etc would be really appreciated.

thanks in advance

2. SWAMPER

SWAMPER Pup

BUTCHER BOY,BANJO,CHINAMAN,ELI HELL ALL LINES WILL HAVE EARLY AND LAte 1S

3. Redtail74

Redtail74 Big Dog

Personally I think all that stuff is in every line and its just luck on which dogs are born with what. Trying to get a dog that throws him/her self is also luck because you just dont know untill you breed them. You may have a male that bred to "X" female dont produce anything for you but when bred to "B" female produces himself very well.

4. rocksteady

rocksteady I'll drink to that..

Red Devil ..espeically those of the Ironline /Norrod line ..allthough they mature fast in that aspect, their bodies tend to mature slowly

5. Texasbulldogs

Texasbulldogs Top Dog

Eli / Nigerino and some Red Boy / Jocko dogs are like that (barnstormers/rough curs). Also many more.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

If looking for mouth alone, you better plan on being dissatisfied more than not. Mouth is nice to have but after an hour the mouth is gone and you better hope your dog has bottom end.

<o:p></o:p>

Sit down and think about the style of dog you want. From there people could get you pointed in the right direction as to what LINE tends to carry that style.

6. azdog

azdog Big Dog

I'D TAKE GAMENESS & LONG WINDED DOGS OVER MOUTH ANYDAY,I BELEAVE WITHOUT GOOD GAMENESS YOU DON'T HAVE MUCH TO WORK WITH.

7. GT99

GT99 Pup

well gameness is great for hunting no doubt, thats the main priority. But lets look at a different situation, what if there is a loose rottie that attacks dogs that walk by, its not tied up, the owners dont care because their rottie never gets hurt and dishes out the most damage, the cops and animal control really dont care in small town nowhere, if this happens the incident may only take place for 5 minutes before it can get under control, maybe more if you feel it is too dangerous to break it up. Now a much larger dog cur breed or not can still dominate a bulldog until it runs out of gas, within the first 15 minutes your bulldog can take alot of damage, what would you do? Hope you have an explosive dog that can dish it out instead of being another victim? Do you forget about a gamebred pit and go with a freak 100 pound pit so it doesnt have to be out matched by size and strength? In a situation like this...gameness doesnt come into play as it doesnt last long enough to be tested. could any old gamebred pit deal with a cur even though it is a big powerful dog?

8. LuNoTiCK

LuNoTiCK Pup

I wouldn't put a pit against any other dog but a pit. Putting the pit up against a rot would just make more bad media.

9. GT99

GT99 Pup

lol, maybe in your area but not here. I am interested in this senario still. However this is just that, a senario, this is something that has happened to myself, the dog attacked mine on leash, my dog did major damage to the rotts neck, the cops were called on me and when they came they told me that I should have let my dog kill it, they hate this dog, yet do nothing. Cops, animal control, by law enforcers.....nothing is done, this includes after this dog has bit 2 people (one a child, another recieved nerve damge in her arm) this dog is still around.......why? No idea, but they keep it in the house alot more now. I was walking my mutt when this happened, she is a spayed female and is a bullmastiff/pit cross from a shelter, she is close to the same size as this male rott. The owners told the cops my dog attacked theirs on their property, said I didnt have a leash, said their dog was muzzled (supposed to have muzzle order but didnt)

The police knew my dog was part pitbull, they actually were quite fond of her and they said they would love to put a bullit in the other dog, they said if it happens again to just let it go (My hands were torn up trying to break up the fight, my dog had a lock on the rotts throat and wouldnt let go, didnt have a break stick and the owners of the rott were bashing my dog with a broom stick over the head to get her to let their dog go, just made her hold tighter)

This is not a senario that I am preparing for, its something I have been through and wonder what a game pit would be able to do to a much larger dog considering it would only last a few minutes, I would think the pit would get the worst of it as it wont go deep where its gameness comes into play, Maybe an explosive pit would be different, maybe it would need to be a larger pit, I have no idea though because I have never seen a pit and another breed in any type of conflict.

I would not aquire a gamedog for this reason, I am just curious on this. My mutt is capable enough for run-ins and thankfully it is not a common thing, it is nice to know what your dog is capable though regardless if you are ever faced with tht type of situation.

I would like to know about the bloodlines because hunting is something I am interested in, it might not be something I would jump into, but as a spectator I like to research these things to get a better understanding and knowledge on the sport. I like to analize the differences and compare bloodlines to see the reason they are sucessfull

10. id have to agree

11. Texasbulldogs

Texasbulldogs Top Dog

The best thing would be to avoid that area. Why put yourself in that predicament? Getting a gamebred pitbull is not the answer you should be filing multiple reports with the local animal control and police office. I would also sue the owner of the do for any vet bills that occurred during the altercation. You start hitting them in the pocket; they will either become more responsible dog owners or will get rid of the dog.

12. Bubba

Bubba Top Dog

You should never allow your bulldog to get into a "scuffle" with any cur breed, now if there was a menace dog like that in my area, I'd wait to catch it running loose and accidentally shoot it and remove the problem from my community. Just my two cents...

BB

13. GT99

GT99 Pup

the owners of the dog are getting sued by a lady who was bit. The cops and animal control have been called many times, nothing is done.

Now the question has not been answered, I realise you would never let it happen, I am not asking so that I can go out and do it, I for one have already had this problem with them, I do not need a game pit as my dog did just as well as a dog could have done, she tore its throat to shit and made a bloody mess, I never took my dog to the vet because it was no needed, it was seriously a quick altercation, they were both on hind legs for a couple seconds, heads twisting and then my dog gets the neck in a spot that the other dog can do nothing but use its paws which did nothing, I do avoid the area as much as possible now, I will not walk my dog until around midnight or later everynight, this house is unavoidable to pass, I live on a dead end street. Why must I be the one to goto the trouble and inconvieniance? well they are assholes and I do not want a problem, even though the police and comunity is pretty much behind me and wants this dog gone.

anyways, I explained why I wanted to know the answer to this question and also the question of learning about the bloodlines, forget I even asked useing this as an example, my intent is not to go out and do it, I have no need, my own dog works well enough and although I am happy my dog wasnt the one hurt, I wouldnt want this to happen again if avoidable, Hell evn the police want this dog gone, but I am 27 years old, I dont even want to bother, I dont need the hassle in my life.

14. Texasbulldogs

Texasbulldogs Top Dog

“Why must I be the one to goto the trouble and inconvieniance?” asked GT99<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

Because that is an easy way to avoid another altercation and that is part of being a responsible dog owner. <o:p></o:p>

Personally I feel something is getting left out of this story. If the police and animal control have been called out numerous times (as you state) and have done nothing. Then they could be held accountable too. Especially after it has bitten someone. So I cannot see them just let the dog and owner have a free ride so to speak. <o:p></o:p>

15. rocksteady

rocksteady I'll drink to that..

I understand your feelings on the matter, though. We had a similar problem once with a Rottie/ Mixed (I never got that good look) And the countless times we've called animal control on owners that refuse to keep their dogs on their property (regardless of breed) we get no where.

One day my son was outside playing in the yard. At the time we had a 85 -90 pound game bred APBT (yes..no Am staff in him at all ..his size was a result of to tight of line breeding..) All of a sudden he started whinning like he had to go outside (he was my son's dog in the house) so I let him out. Next thing I see is DJ taking off towards my son and go right past him. there was some Rottie /mixed rottie coming right toward my son! That dog took one look at DJ turned around and ran like the wind! Thankfully DJ didnt catch him as he was nursing a pulled ligament..but lets just say we chased him 6 blocks..

I didnt turn DJ on the dog..DJ turned himself on to it lol. But After that incident, it made me appreicate our dogs even more DJ was pretty close to my son. I know DJ didnt see that dog in the house.. he must have caught a scent or something. And if I was ever faced with that situation again, a dog coming after a human, I'd let my dogs go to town..

16. GT99

GT99 Pup

Well I know why I go to the trouble of avoiding it, what I mean to say is that I shouldnt have to avoid this situation as they should have their dog tied up at the very least. There is more to the story but minor details, because of what my dog did and the fact that my dog had little damage, I didnt report this, I also knew the owners through a mutual friend, thought they were pretty decent people, I was wrong. They called the police on me the next morning, yet the police never came to my house for a month and a half, they were too busy as the cop put it, the story they told police was not what happened at all, I am thinking because if this dog bites another person it will be put down, maybe they thought that I would report this and something would happen to their dog, I am not sure. The police believed my version of the story and wrote that in the police report, I know animal control has talked to them many times, they ignore the warnings, but they dont enforce anything. If this happened in the city next to where I live their dog would have been put down long ago. The police are not really concerned because this was dog on dog, if it is a bite the officer said it would be taken very seriously, however thats not the case here, the lady who was bitten showed me her arm....some serious scars, she is in the process of a law suit right now. Dogs must be restrained to the property but they accept the invisible shock fence they have, but the dog ignores it.....they dont work, my dog is not effected by the shock collar either so I got rid of it. Bylaw has stated that in order for them to pick up the dog it must be off the property when they come, so they asked if I could restrain the dog when it is off the property until they come.......yeah, that does sound stupid.

17. Crash97

Crash97 Top Dog

Hell, if that dog ran around here, it would catch a bullet............. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

18. GT99

GT99 Pup

If I lived in a country such as yours I would have filled it full of bullets, but thats not the case. You practically need a license to own a super soaker here the gun laws are so strict. If I carry a weapon and not even use it and get caught I might end up in prison.

I carry a baseball bat with me on walks though, if I miss before it gets to my dog then I will just let it go, I got my hands messed up badly trying to break it up last time to save their dog. This time will be the end of this dog, and to think all they had to do was call me after the inncident and we could have talked about it, I could even make a deal saying I will call you when I walk my dog so if you please could put him in the house we can avoid it, but after the shit they pulled by calling the cops and lying about it, being nice to them is no longer an option, I hope this lawsuit royally fucks them.

19. Texasbulldogs

Texasbulldogs Top Dog

GT99 stated “
    ”<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

And I shouldn’t have to lock my property either (home, vehicle, etc.). But I have to. They should but most people only see their dog as an easygoing friendly member of the family. Which doesn’t mean that they are that way with others on or around the property. Avoidance is probably the best thing to do. At the very least be more prepared if it does happen again. And never let somebody start hitting your dog with a broom handle (AGAIN). Your job is too PROTECT your dog! Not let some irresponsible pet owner come whaling a broomstick at your dog. Because they can’t/won’t keep their pet contained properly. Best of Luck. <o:p></o:p>

20. Bubba

Bubba Top Dog

Make sure to carry a breaking stick with you on your walks and it may help some of those messed up hands.
    BB