1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

what bloodline for explosiveness off start?

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by GT99, Aug 24, 2004.

1. Crash97

Crash97 Top Dog

GT what country do ya live in?

2. BDK

BDK oo7

isnt the usa great thanks to concealed carry permits im able to carry my friend>compact 40cal<in my waist holster on every walk i take my dogs on heheheh beleive me the 40 is full of game stopping power lol

3. GT99

GT99 Pup

well, to get into how my hands got messed up, I yelled at the owner for hitting my dog, I could not physically stop her or do anything to protect my dog from her, I have never had this happen before to me, it was dark and I was caught off guard, I know they have a dog and It has run off the property in the past (when it bit the people for instance) I never walk on the side of the road their house is on, I always cross the road before I get near their place, their dog has freaked and stormed up before but the electric collar fence has stopped it, this time it didnt, the dog is always in sight but this time it was not, it came from nowhere. now.....about protecting my dog and how my hands were messed up, the fight was very quick, my dog got a hold on this dogs neck and wouldnt let go, I never thought of needing a breakstick before (my fault, have since got one) I was suprised and adrenaline was going nuts, the lady came out screaming and freaking out, I was yelling at my dog and smacking her but not that hard, nothing would make her let go, so being adrenaline and panic was flowing I tried to do a dumb thing, I tried to pry my dogs mouth open, this didnt work, but when the lady smaked my dog, my dog clamped down harder, my hands were in her jaws still, she didnt bite me, but the anger from getting hit tightened her grip, I screamed at the lady and then she was in a panic screaming at me on what to do, well when your hands are clamped in a dogs jaws you dont exactly want to take the time to discuss the next plan of action. I ripped my hands out of her jaws which is what caused the most damage. I was bleeding everywhere, her dog was a mess, told her to get a hose and then my dog just let go, their dog ran right for their door, she let it in.I took my dog home and went to the hospital to fix up my hands.

dont forget, my dog was on leash, their dog attacked mine across the road, I know better than to get in between 2 dogs fighting, but I did what I thought I had to do in a panic to get my dog off of theirs, they watched what happened, they know their dog attacked mine, they have bragged to me before their dog has smoked other dogs, this time their dog got humbled and they decided to call the cops on me and make up a story for whatever reason, either because they were mad their dog got hurt, maybe because they figured they should call before I did knowing their dog is on a thin line already, who knows, I thought I knew these people and they are friends with some of my friends we were not drinking buddies but we were friendly and I have stopped by to talk to them before, I had no intention of calling the cops on them. After she put her dog inside, she asked me if I needed my hands bandaged and they appolagized to me, I said no, told them I just wanted to get my dog inside and told them shit happens, not to worry about it, told her to get Tom to call me if he wanted (her husband)

I do indeed try to avoid it, this is why I inconvieniance myself and do not take my dog out durng the day, I wait until midnight which is a real pain when you have to work early and should be in bed. Even then sometimes they leave it out, so I turn around and not take my dog out at all, yes I am sick of it, my nieghbourhood is sick of this dog, these owners are fucking terrible and common sense alludes them, they seem to love their dog, yet still let this happen. they are supposed to have a muzzle order, yet dont, I have reported this yet the cops dont have time or dont care so it is not enforced. Had they been civil and honest the first time it would be fine, as I have a breaking stick now, my dog cant get at a dog unless it attacks her, when I walk near know spots with dogs, I keep her leash about 1 foot long. Should me and everyone else have to deal with this? fuck no, but we do. But had they been honest about it I would done the same thing all over again, as it stands if it happens again, I am just going to watch it happen and see what they do, if they touch my dog trying to break it up, I will touch them back.

anyways, I wanted to know answers to certain questions as that was the purpose of this thread, it was not meant to turn into this, I have no desire to get a gamedog to take on this dog, as there is no point, my dog is quite capable and I still avoid it as this happened last december I just used it as an example, I am curious how a game pit would do in the same situation, I think for the time it lasted it would have been on the recieving end, I dont know though, maybe a larger pit would not, maybe an explosive pit wouldnt, this is why I am asking.

I also am asking about the bloodlines and what they are know for, if certain lines are known for gameness, I want to know, if they are explosive, I would like to know if thats even passed down, ability, agility, mouth etc...

4. GT99

GT99 Pup

I am in Canada, the laws are their against dogs, yet it depends on the county and police force to enforce them, neither cares, I live in a very small town, we are policed by the OPP which is like a state trooper in the states I guess.

5. BDK

BDK oo7

what country are you in ? and i have owned rotties they r sweet loving dogs useually

6. GT99

GT99 Pup

and yes, a gun would be damn nice to carry. I cant carry pepper spray, stun gun or tazers. Dont get me wrong, I love Canada and the level of crime is alot lower than in the US, but the laws here are designed to protect the criminal. Its not common but it has happen in a few cases, if someone breaks into your house and your dog mauls them, they can sue you. If they cut themselves on the glass after smashin your window to climb in, they can sue (yeah, thats one extreme case but it did happen) Our jails are like country clubs compared with the states as well.

7. GT99

GT99 Pup

Canada, and yes, usually they are sweet dogs, but they are powerful dogs as well...in the wrong hands any dog can get vicious. My Pitbull/Bullmastiff is sweet as hell too, she could also do alot of damage if she was not sweet which is possible if someone else would have gotten her.

8. Texasbulldogs

Texasbulldogs Top Dog

If you are ever in that situation again and not have a parting stick just choke your dog off (using the collar). Quick, easy, and your “hands” are not by the mouth.

Sounds like this dog may need a “steak treat” late one night. LOL

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

9. GT99

GT99 Pup

this dog does need a steak treat for sure, alot of the people around here carry sticks for protection against this dog as well as a couple others that are always loose, there is an english springer spaniel thats always loose and comes after kids and dogs, I run into him almost all the time, the owners used to come out when they heard him go nuts, now they dont which is a pain in the ass more than anything, it comes storming out at you from nowhere teeth barred and growling, you never know where he will be as my subdivision is his territory he thinks, he gets about 2 feet away and does small lunges towards you, his lips are curled and he gets nasty but never makes contact, once he got too close and I didnt see him right away because he flew through some bushes beside us and my dog instantly nailed him, just tackled him more than anything and sent him flying. He is annoying because my dog wont give up and pulls damn hard on the leash letting out screams like she is being tortured because she wants me to let her go (she makes no sound once she is not restrained) I hold my dog by the colar and walk backwards and this dog moves forward, he wont back off until the owners come out and get him, now I dont bother, I just run towards him with my dog, keeps my dog from that ear piercing screaming and he backs off real quick. I am not too worried about anything happening but it is irritating to deal with so often, he came after me one day when I was rollerblading past their house, I didnt want to keep going because he would chase out of instinct, so I stoped and he backed me to a steel railing across the road, he did the same thing, teeth showing and growling doing little lunges, so I yell waiting for the owners to come out, they took their sweet ass time, then he gets even closer and I clench my fists and yell lunging towards him, they see this and walk slowly down their driveway to get him, I am nice about it and say "I guess he doesnt like rollerblades" she says no "maybe if you fucking pet him instead of trying to hit him" I said are you fucking stupid? What kind of idiot is going to pet a dog thats acting like that, maybe if he came upto me waggin his tail, she says you know he wouldnt bite you.....this is the other main problem dog who has bit some kids (mostly nipping, no rea damage just breaks the skin) and has been reported 100 times over, I reported them and the by-law officer took my statement and said that he has had so many reports and given so many warnings that he was going to fine them......well, either he didnt bother or they didnt care, still doing the same thing.

As for the dog that attacked mine, I would love to poison the bastard, but I have a feeling that they would assume it was me and they would either try to charge me (no proof but they could lie and say they saw me, they would litterally make up a complete story) or they would do the same with my dog and that would make things pretty ugly as it would escalate into really bad things if they did that, so I am doing what everyone else does.....taking a bat with me, if the dog comes at me or my dog again, I will kill it, the cops actually told me thats the best way as they wouldnt do anything given the record this dog has and if I feared for my safety, as long as it is off their yard.

I live in such a pathetic neighbourhood, these people just dont give a shit about anyone but themselves and you wpuld think that they would at least try to protect their dog they seem to care so much about knowing that people want it dead and that their dog is not as bad as they thought it was when its not attacking little dogs, after seeing what my dog did in such a short time to theirs you would think that you would make at least SOME effort to avoid it. Hell I will even buy them a damn leash.

10. blackbeard

blackbeard Big Dog

The first thing you gotta learn is that there is no such thing as a best bloodline, what we do have are some bloodlines that throw a higher percentage of good dogs and others which throw a much lower percentage. Everybody has their favorite bloodline and it's crosses and at the same time you will hear people talking shit about that same bloodline. There is a lover and a hater for each one. No matter what the bloodline just make sure that you are getting yours from a reputable source. you might have to spend more in the beginning but it will save you time and money in the long run most likely.PM me if you have more specific questions or are interested in anything specific.If not,Good Luck.