1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

What Dewormer do you use?

Discussion in 'Parasites' started by performanceknls, Feb 2, 2009.

1. jumper3202

jumper3202 Big Dog

i use nemex cuz you can't over dose them on it!

2. synno2004

synno2004 Top Dog

I use Drontal Plus.

treats a wide variety of parasites.

3. chinasmom

chinasmom CH Dog

I can get it from the Pet Vac that comes through town for practally nothing.

4. BostonBully

BostonBully Top Dog

Oh yea. I wonder how cheap you can get it. I may have you buy me some and just mail it to me hehe. Hell you could toss in a baggie and stuff it in an envelope and ship it for 42 cents. I don't want to get the script because like Zoe my vet is a pain in the ass and will want a visit to talk it over and we all know that is just $$$ for them.

5. pejay

pejay Big Dog

Anyone know the dosage for Piperazine for dogs (mg of Piperazine per pound or kg)?

6. brat pack

brat pack Top Dog

Just got through worming 6 of my dogs with the safegaurd horse wormer. I just measured out the dose for 250lbs and split it 4 ways. Talked to my vet and he said that would be safe for 60lb dogs. Although their weight varies some. He said hit them up for 3 days in a row.
    Cost me $9 dollars. I could have used the Drontal plus for about $30 for one dog......not! Been there done that. Not again. Nemex doesn't get tapeworms btw. Fenbendazole does and that is the active indegredient in the safegaurd. Use the oral Ivomec for the heartworm prevention.
    My one dog tested positive for whipworms. Going to drop a sample by and have them check to be sure they are gone.

7. chinasmom

chinasmom CH Dog

^^^ Really? You don't have a pet vac that comes near you? My animals go to the vet when needed, but for meds, I always go to the pet vac. so much cheaper...

8. brat pack

brat pack Top Dog

I used to work for my vet and he gives me everything for cost. I never pay a office visit. Can even go to his house after work if needed. By pet vac are you talking about the clinics they have at pet stores or tractor supply stores?

9. FrankDublin

FrankDublin CH Dog

Strongid-t and some storebrand tapeworme medicen

for my pups I grind up mustard seed works preety good make shure you grind it up like a powder works preety good on them weak tummies

10. FrankDublin

FrankDublin CH Dog

11. Xiaolin

Xiaolin Pup

drontal is by far the most expensive but IMO is one of the best choices out there. luckily the vet tech lives next door! i picked up a pup that was near death and that drontal brought him right around.

12. Pit Bull Pride

Pit Bull Pride Big Dog

As far as the best wormer imo......drontal tabs. But yes, they are pricey! I use the Safe Guard equine paste in the tube, from Tractor Supply. I give it once a month along w/ the Ivermec. Just a squirt on my finger tip to each dog. I've had no issues w/intestinal parasites.

13. lrk

lrk Big Dog

I use ivomec and the paste horse wormer. Works great is expensive but I have it on hand for the cattle and horses.

14. ccourtcleve

ccourtcleve Big Dog

Strongid and liquid panacur (safegaurd, fendabendazole). They sale it in the goats formula at tractor supply at 10%. I like the liquid better than the horse paste when doing younger puppies.

15. Luk8272

Luk8272 Big Dog

I have always been told the Ivermec was hard on the liver and not to use it every month.

I give the Ivermec shots twice a year. The dogs are all on Interceptor for HWs.
    For the Ivermec I go .01cc per 11lbs of dog.

16. Pit Bull Pride

Pit Bull Pride Big Dog

If the dogs are on Interceptor, what do you give them the Ivermec twice a year for just out of curiosity?

17. chinasmom

chinasmom CH Dog

By pet vac are you talking about the clinics they have at pet stores or tractor supply stores?

Pet vac is a traveling vet that sets up in parking lots of stores mainly and gives shots and meds a lot cheaper than a vet cause you don't pay for the office visit. Helps out people that are limited incomes and such. You can get the rabies and DHLP shot for 10 bucks.

18. synno2004

synno2004 Top Dog

DRONTAL best thing i've used so far.

19. NOTK

NOTK Banned

yessir dont try it if you dont want.

20. FrankDublin

FrankDublin CH Dog

wasnt being funny just the first time I heard that one thought you might joking
    but what all does it cure