1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

What Dewormer do you use?

Discussion in 'Parasites' started by performanceknls, Feb 2, 2009.

1. FrankDublin

FrankDublin CH Dog

Ive also used mrs stewarts liqued bluing the darker the better

I only use it when Im gonna be gone for a full 24 hours

2. Luk8272

Luk8272 Big Dog

Thanks I posted then realized I had some in the house, so I went read.
    Do they sell this seperately? Or are we all just speaking of Ivomec?

3. TASOSCHATZ

TASOSCHATZ Big Dog

Interceptor, drontal and frontline ampule monthly. Antiphlebotome as needed, basically every day during humid hours and places.

4. weirdjack

weirdjack Pup

safeguard,you can get it in a liqud form for goats same as panacur,mostly sold at feed stores!!!thats what we have always used and WORKS!!

5. gh32

gh32 CH Dog

That's all I ever use and it works good.

6. scratchin dog

scratchin dog CH Dog

Heartworms are spread by the bite of a mosquito. When a mosquito bites an infected dog, it takes up blood which may contain microscopic immature forms of heartworms called microfilariae. The microfilariae incubate in the mosquito for about two weeks, during which they become infective larvae. Then, when the mosquito bites another dog, the infective larvae are passed into the second dog, infecting it. The infective larvae migrate through the tissues of the body for about three months, then enter the heart where they reach adult size in another three months.

7. FrankDublin

FrankDublin CH Dog

maby your right
    I know one thing them lil basterds will kill the best dog

8. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

No maybe in what scratchin dog posted, shes right.;)

9. TASOSCHATZ

TASOSCHATZ Big Dog

Heart worm is a major problem in my country, it is transmited by small bugs named phlebotomes (scientific name, don't know the everyday one) and not the usual mosquitos, that is why I use antiphlebotome spray.Since you don't apply it on the head, it is exposed. Some people in an effort to overcome this they give the dog a garlic clove to eat, it suppose to help but I can't say for sure.