1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

What do yah think? Owner liable?

Discussion in 'Pit Bull News' started by Suki, May 11, 2006.

1. Suki

Suki Guest

2. b_dog58

b_dog58 Big Dog

I'm totally in agreeance with this one. You are your dogs master, you should
    be held responsible if you have a dangerous dog.

3. MercedesMama

MercedesMama Guest

Yes, it is totally the owners fault. If the problem of the dogs aggressiveness towards the woman was brought to the owners attention and nothing was done, he should definatley be held fully responsible and be charged criminally.

4. Riptora

Riptora CH Dog

"Any time when a dog has gone to this extreme, the owner has to have some idea."

Oh, yeah, isn't that the truth! It is not in a canines nature to kill humans, they evolved off of us, there are always warning signs.

Hell yeah, the owners are responsible! All the more reason to think twice before "protection" training a dog or buying a dog already trained. Liability= responsability= dog ownership. Don't want to live in fear of your canine some day fatally injuring someone get a chihuahua or a pug!

This is interesting to me because it sounds similar to the Dianne Whipple case in San Fransisco (when the 2 presa canarios killed her). These dogs were a pair also, they also "had it out" for Dianne, she was terrified of the dogs and knew they did not like her. They also attacked her as a pair and she also died from blood loss. Get this, Dianne was a very thin, athletic woman and the male dog probably weighed more than her, one of the dog's caretakers was present throughout the mauling which took place in the appartment halls and lasted a long time. I read the book and I might be wrong but I think it was over an hour before animal control and the police got to her. Very horrible, there were also warning signs that the dogs were dangerous, but I think it's interesting that both of these cases have some things in common. I wonder if this pair of dogs were male and female as well and if that played any role in the animals apparantly singling out the neighbor.

5. missybee16

missybee16 CH Dog

I think the owner knew his dog was aggressive. When indeed, one is aggressive, the other will act out on it too. It is the owners fault. I'm sure, the lady did try to do something & that triggered the attack.

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2006
  6. Judy

Judy CH Dog

It sounds like the owner ignored warnings of human aggression and allowed them to run loose. All dog owners need to be responsible for their dogs - with any breed.

7. JuicyCa

JuicyCa Big Dog

The owner knew the dogs were aggressive, and he sould have done something about it. He is fully responsible for their actions because he ignored the warning signs. He deserves to be prosecuted.

8. ghost 1

ghost 1 CH Dog

but you see it was one of those dang labs,, not a pitbull,,, i say they should banned labs,, and yes its the owner fault

9. pennsooner

pennsooner CH Dog

Yes, the owner should be held responsable. Fine and serious jail time.