1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

What Do You Feed Your Dogs?

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by WallStreetBully, Mar 25, 2007.

1. ChiaPit

ChiaPit Top Dog

I feed Canidae also, I mix a 6 ounce can with the dry in the mornings (Split between the 2 dogs) and just dry in the PM...I like the fact that I can have it delivered to my door because of where I live, there is a sales rep real close that does home delivery...and they LOVE the Canidae snap biscuits for treats.

2. LegendsMami

LegendsMami Top Dog

Timberwolf. Usually mixed with a half of can of Merricks or Innova Evo 95% Meat can Or raw.

3. Suki

Suki Guest

Dick Van Pattens Natural Balance

4. dunlap

dunlap Big Dog

Diamond with a raw egg every other day and raw hamburger or steak added in on the week ends.

5. Mainly raw, and I give them kibble (Nature's Variety) a couple days a week.
    Today for breakfast they had ground pork w/organs and bones mixed in. This evening they had lamb hearts.

6. NC

NC CH Dog

Oh yeah along with the Kirklands lamb and vegetable I throw 1 raw egg in a week and they love it!

7. I feed Nature's Variety kibble along with some raw.

8. Flipside

Flipside CH Dog

Used to feed Canidae but recently switched my dogs to a raw diet!
    But Canidae is my #1 choice for a kibble!

YIS

9. Grizzly

Grizzly Big Dog

Here is a site that rates dog food on a 1-6 star rating. I'm sure some on here have seen it but maybe not the newer ones.

http://www.dogfoodanalysis.com/

10. Scratchy

Scratchy Guest

Just a couple of days ago I had been feeding pedigree because it was cheaper. Well, I'm a big believer in the saying "ya get what ya pay for" or " good quality cost good money", so now I feed DVP natural balance.

11. FLpits

FLpits Big Dog

nuthin but the best SOLID GOLD ( BARKING AT THE MOON ) HIGH PROTEIN, LOW CARBS for high energy working dogs.

12. hrdeluxe

hrdeluxe Big Dog

Diamond Naturals Lamb. Switched over from Nutro Ultra. No complaints thus far.

13. JAGER

JAGER Big Dog

?
    what do you do just crack the egg right over the bowl of kibbles ? should i try this with jager see if he likes it?

14. enjoi

enjoi Big Dog

I feed that too and I like it a lot better than what I was using. Plus the main ingredient is chicken, you hardly see that anywhere. Has anyone heard of Dr. Foster & Smith dog food? I guess like the first 5 ingredients are all really good, nothing by-product,bone meal or corn meal and such.

15. coolhandjean

coolhandjean CH Dog

well, we have been feeding our dogs Retreiver Hi-Protein for quite a while, but recently we've tried Diamond Hi-Protein. I feel the dogs looked better on Retreiver, plus it is a little less expensive, and it has more protein and crude fat than the Diamond does.

16. Marty

Marty Guest

Yes Shell and all ;) But not over 3 a week :D

17. I feed Innova EVO.

18. marshall619

marshall619 Top Dog

I'm feeding Canidae all life stages & my dogs are doing well on it. I used to feed Nutro Natural Choice Ultra, but the dogs had soft to runny stools & they were shedding ALOT! They were on Nutro around 6 mths. After a few months on Canidae, stools were firmer & the shedding lessened. IMO, Canidae is some good feed. Here in San Diego, I can get a 40lb bag for $32. Could be a little pricey if you have a full yard of dogs though. Have any of you heard or feed your dogs Pro Pac Chicken Meal & Rice formula? A lady was trying to promote it at the feed shop & said it was comparable to Canidae. The first 5 ingredients included Chicken Meal, Brewers rice, Rice bran, Rice flour, & Chicken fat...

Mel

19. Gato

Gato Big Dog

I feed all raw meats and some veggies. Chicken and it's (liver, feet, necks, quarters, etc), beef and it's (hearts, liver, feet, etc) fish (tuna, mackerel, etc), Lamb. Also cooked rice and veggies like spinach, carrots, celery, *sweet potatos being number one*, etc.

During winter time I feed chicken soup with rice and sweet potatos for fat source. I hardly ever feed dry/package food.

My dogs stay healthy, with shiny coats, happy and they love it!!!!!!!:)

20. JuckingFerk

JuckingFerk Big Dog

Dick Van Pattens Natural Balance Ultra Premium formula and a can of Tuna. The dogs love it and do very well on it.

Ferk out