1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

What Do You Feed Your Dogs?

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by WallStreetBully, Mar 25, 2007.

1. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

I was feeding a dog for a friend of mine, who brought two big bags of this stuff with the dog. She was the only one being fed that stuff, and I hated it. We will not use it again. It was an experiment, and Timberwolf still wins hands down imo. The beef in it will make the dog run hot, and it doesn't have very many other meat sources of protein. On top of that, it was a mess to clean up, and the dog was straining to shit diahrea 10 x's a day. I've fed just about everything under the sun, and keep coming back to TW when I need a high-quality kibble. I will be trying this "Go Natural" Grain free formula as a test run in a few months, we will see how it compares.

Our dogs have been fed everything from:
    $10 per 50 lb. bag of Farm n Fleet food
    Pedigree
    Purina
    Nutro
    Nutro Natural Choice
    Science Diet
    IAMS/Eukanuba
    DVP
    Canidae
    Merrick
    TW
    Solid Gold
    Nutri Source

One we farmed out did exceptionally well on the cheap F&F junk, and was switched to IAMS in his new owners hands. In a week, he was doing horrible, and continued to go down hill, so much so to the point we were afraid of losing him. Since the recall, I have finally been able to get him to feed a better food, and is already seeing a good recovery on Kirklands Super Premium. It will take a few months to evaluate how this kibble is doing, but I like the ingredients for a maintence yard feed. If it was available even somewhat locally, I wouldn't mind trying it for the yard dogs.

Pregnant, sick, nursing, pups, working dogs all get fed TW, and supplemented as we see fit.

We also like an farm-raised egg or two a week, it does wonders for the coat. But don't let it fool you, it can be overdone, and a few eggs will make a junk food appear on the outside, to be better then it is.

2. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

We feed shell and all. Normally, we have to break it for the dogs. Either drop a egg in the bottom of a bucket from a stand, is enough to get the good stuff to lap up, most dogs will eat the shell as well, if they will-let them. My partners favorite bitch loves her eggs, and stands by her bowl, awaiting an egg to be lightly cracked on her big head and dropped in the bowl. I did it once, wound up with egg yolk all over my housedogs head, and a look like "wtf did you just do to me...put it in the bowl ya bastard!" :D

3. dunlap

dunlap Big Dog

I give mine an egg every other day... What does the shell do for them?

4. Bobby Rooster

Bobby Rooster CH Dog

Calcium! but the shells are hard to digest