1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

What do you think works better Inbreeding, Line Breeding or complete out crossing?

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by loudboyjr, Nov 27, 2010.

1. 3596

3596 Pup

Re: What do you think works better Inbreeding, Line Breeding or complete out crossing

ahhh! a breath of life! & a quality post oldgoat.i did the same thing? bred from two very game related dogs.the first litter! there was nothing? but 3 very game offspring. a relative told me to repeat the breeding,as not every litter will be a hit! so not until the third litter did we see more well rounded dogs,& from the very same parents.& they were hot as hell,compared too the first litter.

2. Boze

Boze Top Dog

Re: What do you think works better Inbreeding, Line Breeding or complete out crossing

here is a list of famous inbred and line bred perform for those who think outcrossing produces better performers.

tornado
    half brother/sister

pedro
    father/niece

rascal
    half brother/sister

buck
    linebred bolio

zebo
    linebred snowball

bb red and banjo

happy jack

dutch boy

boze

gr ch crews sir dog is an inbred happy jack dog

3. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

i would use a combo of line breeding and outcrossing

4. FrankDublin

FrankDublin CH Dog

I would start off with maybe 4 animals of different stock all 50/50 crosses.
    Ie= six/tre,seven/six,two/six,nine

pending they make the cutt this is the foundation. These dogs will be crossed into eachother but still leaving the gene pool wide open. Once all crosses are used and offspring culled to expecttations the offspring will have little to no uniformity as far as traits and appearance go if they do, it would come from the loose line breeding on six blood. Once I have chosen the offspring from the mixture of all four crosses will be inbred to begin closing the gene pool once uniformity and performance become consistant if anything is still lacking I would go back to a dog that exibited th traits at one point in the breeding program (linebreeding)and cull for bad traits and temperments

5. ManiacKennel

ManiacKennel Big Dog

i think it is true that some times you see mouth and never know if its game unless u take it to almost a drastic measure to find out but then you go to the fact that almost every dog will quit givin the right circumstances imo yes good dog to good dog and game to game better chances but i think some think like well i will breed this deep game looser into the very hard mouthed dog and i will get the ultimate dog and truth is you might and the you might loose both and get crap eaters some are breeding dogs that strictly brute force winners and are winning alot and producing the same i guess its just what you feel like you can create and give it a try but the most knowledge you can know along the way will help alot imo

6. ManiacKennel

ManiacKennel Big Dog

lets not forget either you do not test your gameness in the arena it might happen there but you are there to win i think to many have lost the true value of gamness to breed for it or even see it in the said dog or dogs being stuck