1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

What Equipment Do You Use?

Discussion in 'Products & Equipment' started by Buck E. Owens, Apr 16, 2009.

1. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

Does anyone have pictures of equipment they see as essential to Training or just plain fun to watch your dog(s) use?

(No restrictions if you use it I want to see it lol):D

Thanks Buck

2. slim12

slim12 Super Moderator Staff Member

There is no equipment on the planet that works a dog better than a six foot lead and a good pair of running/walking shoes. One is for him and the other is for the owner, and if the owner can't figure that out he or she should get a plant...LOL

3. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

4. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

I will post a Video of the Drag Sled in motion its uploading very slowly on youtube:rolleyes:

5. While hand walking is a great form of exercise for the dog, there are many forms of work that benefit the dogs in many other ways. If you're too close minded to see that, well maybe you should get a plant....LOL

Running hills benefits the dogs ass end and front end tremendously. Uphill on the ass, downhill on the front. Running mills builds up endurance you will never achieve with hand walking. Running sprints trains a dogs body to recover from large outputs of energy fast. Swimming is the finest form of conditioning because there is absolutely no stress put on the joints or tendons. I could go on, but why give away all the secrets to the experts that know it all LOL.

I'm not running down hand walking by any means.......it is an excellent way to condition a dog. Let's not think it's the end all be all to conditioning though. That's simply not true. You will achieve much better results with a diversified workout regimen. ;)

One last thing, during hand walking a 15, 20, or even 30 ft lead is an excellent idea if you have the room.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2009
  6. Zoe

Zoe CH Dog

Some of the craziness that's gone on around here!

Deeohgee on the springpole..

[​IMG]

Arez pullin' the kids in the barbie jeep! lol I didn't get any pictures of them pulling them in the wagon. Wish I did..

[​IMG]

Daemon and Scarling flirtpolin'

[​IMG]

Playin' buckin' bronco! lol

[​IMG]

Being helarious. lol

[​IMG]

Playin' fetch. lol

[​IMG]

Indestructaball...

[​IMG]

Treadmillin'

[​IMG]

7. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

I live on a beach so mine love swimming, I only had one female that won't step in even a puddle:rolleyes: lol, those Retriever duck Trainers Remington makes are pool noddle that's hollowed and corked on both ends with sand in the the middle to make i go farther but its rapped in Carhart Jean Fabric for durability, I guess the duck guys put duck oil on it to train there dogs. Its about a foot long, throws nice too!

Nice Boggieman;)

8. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

Nice Pics Zoe!!

Looks like you kids love your dogs as much as you do! Nice to see! Not all my family members share my enthusiasm, i have for the dogs . :rolleyes:

Nice mill too who make that one?

9. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

i have looked for a ball that is indestructible for a while now is it a horse ball for stable horses to stop from cribbing?:confused: Looks like it!

10. Zoe

Zoe CH Dog

Log rollin'

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Gotta be tires to chew!

[​IMG]

She took forever trying to spin this ball out of there! lol

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I could just go on forever. lol

11. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

keep them coming there great action shots too! that last ones awesome!:D

12. Zoe

Zoe CH Dog

That's a Grand Carpet Mill big dog treadmill. :)

Oh ya... the kids and the dogs are one unit, I swear! Daemon's getting older now and actually to the point of ''talkin' dog'' and not just playing with them. We've spent a few nights this week up late talking and I swear, he could put the vast amount of people to shame with what he knows and understands. Some of the things that come out of his mouth concerning them surprises me! lol

13. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

He has a good teacher!;)

14. Zoe

Zoe CH Dog

I ordered mine from our local pet store. You can get them as boomer balls as well. Probably the same thing as a horse ball as you can order them online for zoos and such. They are hard plastic with a cork you can screw out so you call fill them with sand or water. I've got a funny video of Deeohgee using it. She's bloody obsessed. Not sure if it'll post up here or not though...

15. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

i tried to put a video of Boris on the spring pole and it took an hour to upload then told me there was an hour , I'm gonna see if Photobucket is better?:confused:

16. Zoe

Zoe CH Dog

My big boy trying to pull down the tree via rope. lol

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I thought this one was cool. Daemon made up a little pully system! lol

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Venus was obsessed with lights. lol

[​IMG]

Now.. if we could just get this damn fence put in, we can get back to our craziness here! We're all going a little loopey without it. The panels are here, just need installing! :)

17. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

That pulley system i find works well they work harder when the gain a little here and there, And as for the jump Holly Molly that crazy!:eek:

18. Zoe

Zoe CH Dog

She was such a mental case. If you even whispered Get the light She's whine like a monkey and jump at the closest light fixture, street lamp, whatever and go at it until she just couldn't anymore. lol She'd be so worked up she'd be wiping out in her own drool and causing everyone around her to laugh themselves to tears. lol Sigh... man.. do I miss my girl. She was one of a kind.

19. Rocko

Rocko Big Dog

Walking, walking, some more walking (lol I live in a apt and its a 5min walk to the nearest pee spot anyways) flirtpole, tug, ball, biking, and now introduced swimming to the plan...alos picked up a $20 old school e-mill that Im building sides for...