1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

What Equipment Do You Use?

Discussion in 'Products & Equipment' started by Buck E. Owens, Apr 16, 2009.

1. JamesT

JamesT Top Dog

If your watching them constantly, than yes.If your one of those guys who ties it up and lets them play with it as much as they want, than NO IT IS NOT...My friends best dog almost died because of intestineal blockage,from a piece of fire hose.He had to have it surgically removed ,and it cost him a shit load of money.

BoogiemanBlood likes this.
  2. That is a good point. I NEVER let any dogs work alone no matter what it is. Putting in the time with them is part of working them properly. Just like the swimming. I had to go in after Nicodemus once! LMAO A good pair of shoes and a cell phone ruined later I got his ass back to the shore though.

Good post James!

3. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

I've had B take in some water too he love the water tho , But will not quit on his own i watch him just swim circles about 20' in diameter 40' off shore cause know one would pay any attention to him! Just another day at the beach.:rolleyes:

4. slim12

slim12 Super Moderator Staff Member

http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/modules.php?name=Pedigrees&file=printPedigree&dog_id=291170

this is one of my dogs. my=ine are much different than yours based on pedigree so i can see where we would differ on what is good conditioning and what is not. my pedigree is two to three families of pit bulls. i see only pet bulls thru-out your pedigree. so based on the posting of your pedigree i agree you know far more about what is and what is not good conditioning.
    as far as pimping the mills goes. it comes with a suggested keep, and recommends handwalking as the primary form of condditioning. i bought my first bulldog in 1987.. i learned from experience based on trial and error...sometimes, well a lot of times the hardway. i was offering experience to the new guys and the unknowing based on what i have done and seen since the very early 80's.
    if i see a picture or a comment that is detrimental to the dogs i will comment on it regardless of feelings or stepped on toes. dogs burned up on a mill, all four feet suspended in air...all things that lead to the demise of what could be a good dog...best of luck to you and your dogs. learn based on experience not another cross-post.s

5. Zoe

Zoe CH Dog

That sounds like Venus! She'd swim in figure eights all by herself like she was doing laps or something. lol She LOVED the water. I had to watch not to let her swim where there were any logs as once she tried to bring one back that was WAY to big, but she was determined and was literally drowning herself. :eek:

6. synno2004

synno2004 Top Dog

7. scratchin dog

scratchin dog CH Dog

great pic..i see you train your guys in kung fu. lol. :D

8. GSDbulldog

GSDbulldog CH Dog

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I also find that digging is good exercise. And he don't even need the shovel :p
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. scratchin dog

scratchin dog CH Dog

Those are some great pics GSD.

10. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

Yeah and no web feet! there feet move 30 km/h just steady!:)but he looks great! but he's a bit thick these days, winter pudge lol

11. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

I love that action photo!

12. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

[​IMG]
    This colby blood? If not my bad just curious she's is Sharp Looking!;)

13. GSDbulldog

GSDbulldog CH Dog

Buck E., I wish I knew. I got her from a "friend" of mine who really wasn't taking care of her. She is a good dog though :) and very sharp-lookin', thanks.

14. MOOT44

MOOT44 Top Dog

BOOG: Man, I SURE do love NICK. For some reason, he's always been my favorite of your dogs. I think it's the daaaaaaarrrrk brown coloring.

AP

15. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

look like you love her plenty!!

16. First of all once somebody starts babbling their crap about how their dogs are this and others dogs are pet bulls, well that's pretty much when everybody sees through the fake bullshit of the poster. I know what my dogs are and if you think your opinion of them matters then you're only fooling yourself LMAO.

You say you were offering advice up to the new people, well you should have made that clear, because nobody sure as hell would have known it by your post babbling about getting a plant. :rolleyes: Sounds to me like you're backtracking.

I bought my first dog in 1984 if we're having a pissing contest. I wasn't aware that we were, but obviously you seem to take things personally. I don't need to cross post anything at all. If you can find the words I posted ANYWHERE on the internet as a cross post I'll kiss your ass right on the bung hole. Fact is you won't because those are my words and my knowledge.

A little advice......next time you want to come on acting like you know it all and throw around basic insults like get a plant to anybody that doesn't exclusively hand walk, you shouldn't shed tears because somebody calls you out on it. You've done, nor said NOTHING to impress me nor anybody else IMO except to pretend through innuendo that you are knowledgeable.

So while others may be impressed with your shit, I am not. Sorry. Good luck to you also. Just some FYI, I'm sure you know since you're so smart, but the link you provided to pedsonline isn't public. LOL I can go there because I have an acct but others are missing out on your REAL dogs ped....LOL. "Retired due to heatstroke".....sounds like you could take some of your own advice. ;) Is that cuz he wasn't ready from all that handwalking for his hunt? There's the public link for ya. :)

http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/public/printPedigree.php?dog_id=291170

Oh and since when does a ped have anything to do with knowledge of conditioning? I just don't see the connection. You seem to be desperate.

Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2009
  17. slim12

slim12 Super Moderator Staff Member

Actually, I should update that pedigree. It is old and some things have changed. It looks even better now. While you are cruising the pedigrees check out his half sister. Maybe look at his half brother. Check out some of the bottom side blood.
    But, I concede. This is pointless. It is comparing apples to oranges. I am not offended by your comments nor am I backing off a statement. Facts are facts. I put out some information based on what I have seen done, and where the time either paid off or it didn't. I use handwalking as the staple of my work. I compliment the walks with several forms of exercise. The reason i was so adamant about walking is that 80% of people with bulldogs need them about like they need another head in their head. Thus the plant comment. If you put out there ten minutes on a mill, the next guy will put his on their for fifteen...plus. and then there will be a dog with a chance of being good, pretty much shot to hell.
    Not to mention the dogs suspended in air, especially the one on the kitchen floor. The eventual harm to the dog is celebrated in the forum arena.. That is why I said handwalking is the only way to go. It is damn near impossoble to hurt a dog handwalking him.
    I even have a handewalked dog that won Best Puppy, Best in Group and seconf best in Show..and even helped win the Best Junior Handler...
    But as I said it is two different worlds and this post went from educational and informative to a pissing contest between two people who will never cross paths. Somewhat useless. Continue on with your board domination. And by all means, cruise those pedigrees. It's a true family of quality bulldogs. S.

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2009
  18. LOL now you've went from exclusive handwalking to several forms of exercise. Seems like that's what I suggested to do in my posts????? HMMMMM Just so you know that's what "diversified" means! I agree that there's plenty of folks who know jack about owning, breeding, showing, conditioning, or any other facet of the dogs. Where the problem comes in is lumping everybody together except for yourself. I have taken the time and effort it takes to learn, learn, and learn some more. I realize most don't, and for them, the dogs are the ones that suffer.

How you got a stick up your ass over "cruising the peds" is beyond me......you're the one that put up the link for me to go look at. You seem to just grasp at straws with no relevance whatsoever. Next time you don't want me to "cruise your peds" don't put them up. That's just another statement that makes no sense at all.

As far as board domination???? LOL this thread is the most posts I've put up in forever so once again.....makes no sense. :confused:

Fact of the matter is, you seem to be proud and take good care of your dogs, I do the same for mine. To ASSUME you know about my dogs is about as silly as me assuming I know about yours. I guess that's how it goes though when you have no basis for your previous posts.

While I was "cruising peds" I also "cruised" some of your posts. When you suggested somebody duct tape oak (not pine) boards to their dogs legs with rickets is when I really about busted out laughing. For all your knowledge you gained since 1987 seems you missed the boat on that one.

So just remember, you, me, and everybody else on here has plenty to learn no matter how much you THINK you know. Sharing knowledge is a good thing till you get a stick up your ass and have to start slinging insults for no reason. I posted NOTHING that would lead anybody to do anything detrimental to their dogs health. I would always be glad to teach and share any knowledge I have. You on the other hand just seem to want to be superior. Good luck with that!

EDIT: BTW wtf is Best in Group or second best in show? Is that what the heat stroked dog won? Just wondering?????

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2009
  19. Zoe

Zoe CH Dog

Dude.. that dog lived to be 15 years old and was tough as nails. She went full bore on everything and had a wicked life full of fun and loved every minute of it. I don't know what kind of dogs other people have, but mine are sound of body, not flimsy little princesses that can only handle leash walks which by the way, they got HOURS of everyday as well. They party hard, last long and couldn't have been happier and more loved. I like my dogs rugged and choose ones that can hold up to my lifestyle, thank you very much.

20. Zoe

Zoe CH Dog

It always amuses me that some of the people who let their dogs go "to the woods" get their panties all in a bunch for someone else DARING to let their dogs get their four legs off the ground. :rolleyes: Seriously. It's called putting things into prespective. ;)

Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2009