1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

What Equipment Do You Use?

Discussion in 'Products & Equipment' started by Buck E. Owens, Apr 16, 2009.

1. slim12

slim12 Super Moderator Staff Member

Last post for me and i will move on. The best in group and best puppy was awarded by Tom Garner at a pet bull show a couple of years ago. When they were awarded best in show the young dog was second to the best in show winner. The 'retired due to heat stoke' dog is just that retired. and yes he was a BIS winner himself.
    As far as the rickets post goes...that is exactly how this post got started. The person the post was sent to happen to be good friends of mine. It was an inside joke. But there again, two different worlds.
    As i said before it is two different worlds. We are both wasting our time here. But, I will take it as a compliment that you have looked at my dogs pedigree, cruised the other peds I have posted, as well as taken the time to look up my posts on peds online. Me, on the other hand looked at your dogs pedigree and needed to go no further. Best of luck to you and yours.

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2009
  2. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

ouch:eek: that post cracked me up.

3. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

Looks like he is jumping on his own! not hanging on the kitchen ceiling! and he's after the light? lol not a flirt pole on linoleum. seems to me anyway,:o

To each there own!

Great pics Zoe!;)

4. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

Handwalking is great, but shouldn't be the only form of exersize (in anyones conditioning program, show or go), If you were going to put your dogs in the woods on a hunt and handwalking is the only thing your doing to condition the dog, then your dog is already beat (he better be a hard ass mouthy barn-stormer that ends hunts in 10 - 15 minutes, cuz if he aint, then he probally wont be going home with you) There are just too many other ways to more effeciently condition a dog than just walking it alone.....:rolleyes:

5. AGK

6. LOL can we say "more backtracking?" I'd say the only inside joke is YOU! All of a sudden now the rickets post was a joke.....LOL If he was such a good friend of yours why wasn't he just consulting you for your advice through a phone call instead of posting stupid questions on pedsonline? I call bullshit! I mean here you are on this forum all worried about misinformation being put out that would harm dogs, and there it is in black and white on pedsonline, yet it's a joke.......OK!!!! ;) You got some ocean front property in AZ too right?

You're too cool that's for sure. We're in 2 different worlds alright. Mine is reality, yours is make believe. ;) Keep on downing my dogs all you like LOL. That's the funniest part of this thread. You make a complete idiot out of yourself so that's last resort. hahahaha

Oh and I didn't "cruise" any of your peds other than the one you put up and invited me to look at. So don't flatter yourself too much there trigger. As for your posts.....LOL yeah I looked through a few to get an opinion of other statements you've made, which would help me make my basis for you either just trying to start shit here, or just be an idiot. I came to the conclusion it's a whole lot of both.

Obviously you're easily amused Benny boy.

7. Great post AGK!

Heck they might even heat stroke...LOL.

8. scratchin dog

scratchin dog CH Dog

LMAO!

I really didnt want to get involved with this one but I cant help it.
    IMO handwalking alone cannot build speed, wind, stamina, muscle, & explosive energy.

Great post AGK.

9. scratchin dog

scratchin dog CH Dog

Oh, and I dont see how conditioning pet bulls should differ at all from conditioning pit bulls. Conditioning is conditioning.
    Any dog that wins on handwalking alone is doing so despite his crappy keep not because of it.
    Here's some food for thought and I know its a bit extreme. Would anyone dare get in the ring with Pacman after having only walked 10 miles a day for 8 weeks?:rolleyes: Hell maybe thats all Hatton did. lol. j/k

10. LOL I guess that's what a heat stroke looks like when Hatton was on his back twitching and staring at the ceiling and trying to continue breathing!! LMAO sorry but I just couldn't help myself. :eek:

EXCELLENT analogy scratchin'!!

11. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

Yeah I think whether BoggiemanBlood had my dogs, your dogs,Or his own dogs they would be in great shape and have unlimited movement of there muscles and good health "and a content dog is what i think would result of that type of regime! Keep doggin' everyone!

***people condition there dogs to Hog Hunt and there is some risk doing this! BUT dog was created to do what WE as a person, an individual, ask him to do and Same goes for other breeds Just have them Propared for the work you see them doing whatever it is! If you ask him to do a task and he fails Who's fault is it really? Food for Thought anyway!;)

IMO Buck

12. Zoe

Zoe CH Dog

Ya... she was a little light OCD. lol My roomates three year old daughter taught her to jump up at a light that had a string that you pull to turn on and the little girl laughed so hard at the trick she taught her, it became a life long obsession with Venus. She was a bit of a clown and liked to entertain so if something got you laughing she'd do it til you pissed yourself. LMAO! She was a wild party that girl. Man.... I sure miss her. She was one of a kind. :)

13. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

Ya boogie, it was funny. maby slim trying to give bad tips on a keep ? I sure as S### wouldn't give any tips on my keep. all the "keeps" online or in the GP eye do you really trust them? if you knew any of the people who wrote them you may think different. IDC what people do with there dogs. If you can BiS with hand walking good for you it wouldn't be the first time & wont be the last.

14. Maybe he was......maybe he's just trying to pretend he knows wtf he's talking about.....who knows for sure. I also don't put 100% faith in any keeps I've read online. I pointed out earlier in this thread that many old timers would intentionally mislead people and give misinformation. I don't see how it is or would be any different today. Not very many people give away ALL their secrets. If you are fortunate enough to have good friends with good knowledge and always try to expand your own knowledge you will continually pick up things. Something else I already pointed out.....we all should never stop learning. Once you think you know it all....well you've finally become a legend in your own mind! ;)

15. AGK

We have (for as long as I have been into the dogs) always had great sucess with a mix of STP's Keep and Wardog Kennels Keep. Taking the best parts of both and putting them together and these dogs come out in phenominal condition both cardiovascualr wise and brute strenght wise. You guys are right though, nobody at the top of the game is going to give away all there time proven keep info to the GP or even other dogman for that matter (why would they want to help you compete on their level?) Most dogman want to beat you not help you win..... I take anything I get information wise online or in person with a grain of salt...... Working a dog isn't all that different from working out yourself, If you know how to cut weight or build mass, built wind and exsplosivness, apply those same techniques to your dogs regiment and you won't be dissapointed....lol unless of course your dog is just untalented:rolleyes:....lol

16. cheese

cheese Top Dog

Could you post the keeps? I understand if you cant.
    And what the tell tale sign to take the dog off the mill?:o

17. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

I think you both are pretending you know what your talking about. because conditioned for a ribbon & conditioned for money are two different things. the good thing about the deep south is we like BBQ's & the truth. :cool:

18. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

the thing is you need to read between the lines so to speak. you can have jesus's keep & it wont do you a bit of good. If you don't have the right understanding.

19. Well benny boy you can babble all you want, but anybody worth their weight in salt in the "deep south" would be ashamed of morons getting on the internet talking shit about their dogs records, hunts, and all the other yabble babble this clown is goofing on. You go ahead and keep that jock riding up though. ;) It suits you well. LOL Tell that truth at your next BBQ!

I quite honestly could give a rats ass less what your simple ass thinks of my knowledge of conditioning. You're as pretend as your buddy you seem to be trying so hard to validate. :cool:

20. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

i dont know that guy. the only one i can validate is myself i just see thru BS. Yes I am simple when it comes to dogs. talk all you want it's all BS just know that I know BAWHAHAHA