1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

What Equipment Do You Use?

Discussion in 'Products & Equipment' started by Buck E. Owens, Apr 16, 2009.

1. You got one thing right......you're simple. BAWHAHAHA Another goof in the goofass crowd.

2. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

you cant even be original & you say im simple ?

3. scratchin dog

scratchin dog CH Dog

Its getting a bit too personal now. Guys..stay on topic or take it to PM's. Or take it to the PIT.

4. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

I can give you a taste, (this would take me some time to fully type out and I wouldn't on principle alone;)

need a slatmill (both free spining and one where tention can be added is perferable to me).

2 week pre-keep

Start the handwalking, I do 4 miles when I just normally walk my dogs so obviously I'd pick that up some if I was going to condition them...:rolleyes:.
    flirtpole work
    spring pole
    I would slowly add in the mills as time went on in the pre-keep as my dogs are kept fairly active and fit to begin with).
    Various Supplments started here too..and maintained through-out the keep. rub-downs afterwards most important don't forget your worming schedule.........
    Diet is key here too, you can research that though;)....
    I always end everthing positivley no matter what I do with them (like they did something outstanding and now are being rewarded for it, it's best to have a connection with the dog being conditioned, it makes it a whole lot easier plus, you going to send that soldier out with no-luv?. Your dogs confidence in himself should be as high as your confidence in him is........ )

6 week keep

Keep is simple, other than all the prep for feeding, alternate mills, if the dogs gotta do 2hrs.+ then hes gotta be able to do it on the mills plain and simple. handwalking increases and introduction to dragging weight while handwalking starts and continues through-out keep never exceeding 10lbs or going more than 2 miles.
    Still doing springpole and flirtpole work, increasing times with what your dog will do (you know him better than me)
    rub down,again, can't stress this enough)
    I rest on sunday cuz thats how I do.:cool:
    when not conditioning the dog I keep crated in a dark area Rest,Rest, Rest........
    I could go on but now what fun would that be.........;)

Tell tale sign dog needs taken off mill = he aint running it no more,
    as for the answer your looking for I'm not sure to be perfectly honest with you, I know you can burn out the kidneys but I have never once had that happen, I know my dogs and when they are either tired or lacking intrest, you have to look out for your guy or gal. I never needed to know it. it's like this (hypotheticly speaking of course) you only need to use the mills to gradualy work your way up to at least 2 hours at a good trot, if the dog can't do that I would concider a forfiet my friend........

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2009
  5. Sorry sd I'm done playing with the children.

6. JBlazeRx7

JBlazeRx7 Top Dog

Here are some shots of my methods :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

Hey Jblaze, what is the rope attached to?

8. JBlazeRx7

JBlazeRx7 Top Dog

A flirt pole ( a rope ran through a PCV pipe,knotted a both ends) but he always likes to play tug of war! Lol:D

9. davidfitness83

davidfitness83 Top Dog

RX7 your dog looks like a beast.. Nice dog man, I bet he is strong as hell..

10. Marty

Marty Guest

I agree, Nice dog :D

11. CaesarIsis

CaesarIsis Top Dog

We do the exact same thing w/ Isis but with a hide on the end heh

12. cutt

cutt CH Dog

13. Zoe

Zoe CH Dog

That's helarious! Crazy dog! lol

14. teras

teras Big Dog

why is threadmill one of deadliest ways of conditioning (or something like that as said before)????

apart from eptying the dog, what else could cause damage?

i suppose leaving the dog running for too long is a problem but how long is too long?

if this is sayid before plz give me a link.

thanx

15. Christy_SYK

Christy_SYK Big Dog

OMG this is funny

[​IMG]

that does not look like a fun landing though!

16. cheese

cheese Top Dog

The comment about the dog just being thirsty was pretty funny. Damn cutt why not just give the damn dog some water instead of teasin it with the hose:p

17. cutt

cutt CH Dog

I know I know... his greedy self wants it all for himslef

cUTT-

18. JBlazeRx7

JBlazeRx7 Top Dog

Thanks guy's yea he's really strong! He's comin along real nice. I do all sorts of workouts with all my dog's ( Handwalkin, flirtpole, bike running with intentions of combining all sorts of other forms) as long as they like it and have fun doin it that's all that matters (that they love it!).

I go by what the dog likes and feels good doin. I pay attention to the DOG! They can tell you alot once you get to know the dog they pretty much could talk to ya.;)

19. prpitdawg

prpitdawg Top Dog

some of my dogs on the equipment i use most.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4cZ5oGAOYw
    i also run w/ some of them and throw a ball. we don't play fetch b/c they never bring it back, so i throw the ball and chase them down. along w/ flirtpole, and ligth weights for the weight pulling dogs.