1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

what is everyones opinion on how a dog proforms in different peoples hands

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by 5555, Jan 5, 2005.

1. 5555

5555 Pup

what is everyones opinion on dogs that quit under ones man's hands and then sold off to another man and the dog beomes a great dog.

for example real deal's ch evander? i believe later he earned either rom or por but not sure as to which. he lost one then was bought emidiatly after the match and taken out 3 times and won all 3. curr or just in the wrong hands? (this story was told to me some time ago by 3 the hard way kennels so any in acuracies are do to hearing this second hand)

me personally i am conflicted with the idea of this, on one hand the dog stopped and should never be bred, on the other hand the bond between dog and owner has to be there, and if it wasnt their maybe he just would not proform for the previous owner for the lack of bond between the 2. i personally believe in having a strong bond with your dog. and my dogs through out keep sleep in my rrom and go to work with me and watch tv with me on the couch to help build that bond. but i wouldnt take someones quitter and try to build this bond.

what is everyone else's opinion on this?

2. Whiskey Bay

Whiskey Bay Top Dog

I have not worked personally with dogs in the same standard,but I do believe it is all in the handler.I do weight pulling with a lot of my dogs and it takes a good handler and a good dog to work.I started pulling a male that belonged to a good friend of mine.We went to a little fun show and I pulled my male "A Poc" for the first time ever and he pulled Poc's dad "X" .Poc pulled 1500 pounds before I scratched him so I could leave for work."X" timed out at 1350 pounds,but I saw this dog had a chance.I started hauling them both to shows and working them by myself everyday."X" just wanted attention that he didn't receive at home.That dog would do anything I asked of him for it.I brought them to a pull a couple of hours away here and the dogs were pulling awesome.Until the owner of the other dog came out and started hollerin for him to pull.The dog stopped half way down the track and sat down.on only 1200 pounds.We had been pulling upwards of 2500+.At home the dog wouldn't even pull the cart with him around.

3. 5555

5555 Pup

wiskey
    i guess that is kinda similiar with showing about the bond between a dog and his owner. granted in another sport.

4. Whiskey Bay

Whiskey Bay Top Dog

Very true.Although in this case it was the bond between (me) the person who fed,cleaned,exercised and showed attention rather than the person whose name was on the papers.He didn't even live at my house.I would drive down the road and pick him up everyday.he was bad in every aspect at his home .fighting killing cats,etc.but here I had someone not even know it was the same dog.

5. Classic

Classic Big Dog

This is simply my $0.02

In some instances it has been determined after a quit that the dog was under par...
    had a severe case of worms (shouldn't happen , but it does), swallowed glove, kong, etc...
    In other cases, the purchaser of said dog rolls it against inferior animals and inflates it to a match...
    and other times...it is all pure hype !