1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

What is more important...

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by LadyRampage, Jan 19, 2005.

?

Who contributes more to a litter, in your opinion..

1. Stud

7.8%
  2. Brood

26.7%
  3. Equal between the 2

65.6%
  1. NorCalTim

NorCalTim Big Dog

Certain traits are "sex related".
    I feel the dame is more "important" if it was to be cut and dry.
    I too had a litter of 3 sets of twins.
    2 all red (male and female)
    2 w/ white markings (male and female)
    2 w/ dark markings (male and female)
    Wild!

The dads name was "InB" short for inbred. He had an inbreeding coefficient ratio of about 35%. That boy was bred TIGHT.

2. TDK

TDK CH Dog Staff Member

LOL Stein, yes, I remember. I usually just went into his chat room to kibitz with Don. But I do remember that subject coming up more than once or twice in there. Now, I never toiled over what to attribute it to, but I have had very much the same yielded in litters of my own. I know people who about half spin out over all that but I've never given it any priority as to meaning of anything. But it sure does occur.

3. puppdlr

puppdlr Pup

Modern info is positive; all mitochondrial DNA is carried by Female, Old info is positive that pup spends all it's developmental time with the Female,in and out of her.depending only on her.That swings the total effect to the female.

4. steinlin

steinlin Big Dog

I believe it was all about money, business and marketing. He was winning with his dogs, and also promoting.
    In my mind it wouldn't make sense to let others have a piece of your business, in direct competition, unless strict rules were in place. I think a few found that out..
    I believe Carver came up with the solution, ..sell the cake, but not the recipe and everyone makes money.
    Tudor keeping his best bitches does keep the control...as any that he didn't keep, wouldn't have been around anyway.
    Keeping all the males all over the countryside would facilitate being able to wait on them..or always having the weight available, etc..or deal them out under an assumed name..LOL.
    I've heard comments like, "throw enough sh*t at the wall and somethings bound to stick", said about other breeders with huge yards..Do you think that applies to Tudor?