1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

What line would you choose

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by Indyred, Mar 7, 2014.

1. NatureBoy

NatureBoy Big Dog

I think 3hrs plus would classify as something to form a opinion on.. And I still think that hound would quit under the right circumstances.

2. NatureBoy

NatureBoy Big Dog

Not to take away for any accomplishments.. Just a topic and people stating their point of views. I'm sure wego was something to be very proud of and I ment nothing to discredit him or anyone eles.

3. Rock n Rye

Rock n Rye CH Dog

And the next think he wont.. What is the fact here? Wago did not quit, what is the opinion? you think wago would quit

4. NatureBoy

NatureBoy Big Dog

Not saying that at all. Saying in my case.

5. TDK

TDK CH Dog Staff Member

I always see the term "under the right circumstances". That term can be used for as many disgusting situations as can be thought of. It's a hard call for some to distinguish WON'T go from CAN'T go.

6. NatureBoy

NatureBoy Big Dog

If your standing your able in my eyes..

7. TDK

TDK CH Dog Staff Member

Not always. Shock works in a million different ways. It's not all that cookie cut. Generally, you're right. But you need to see many, many dogs in many, different situations to have even a chance to make such a firm call.

8. Rock n Rye

Rock n Rye CH Dog

This post is exactly why I personally don't put much credit in your opinion.. Ever seen a dog in shock?

9. Rock n Rye

Rock n Rye CH Dog

Gosh darn it you beat me to it..

10. NatureBoy

NatureBoy Big Dog

I can respect your comments here...

11. NatureBoy

NatureBoy Big Dog

Rock and TDK ^^^^^^^^

12. NatureBoy

NatureBoy Big Dog

And to answer your question... Not saying I am a vet like you guys but I'm not forming my opinions from outside the box.

13. Rock n Rye

Rock n Rye CH Dog

You got me crackin the heck up, I'm no vet at all but TDK has probably forgotten more than Most Vets actually know. Nobody is forming opinions from outside the box, but I do think outside the box.

14. TDK

TDK CH Dog Staff Member

LOL, Rock. I'm just awfully idle today. HAHA

15. Mudville_Monsta

Mudville_Monsta Top Dog

Since it seems this thread has gone little off topic I'm going to get it back on by saying this.....Since I've been out of work and had time to think of this, I'd have to say I'd pick the un-employment line. Lots of game fuckers that won't quit there. LMAO!

16. Dannyb

Dannyb Big Dog

If I were choosing a "line" I would really look carefully at a lot of dogs over a long period of time. Gameness is just one aspect, it really doesn't matter much if your dog doesn't have enough ability to compete. You could have a good dead game dog get washed by a great high ability dog who in turn jumps the wall against a even greater dog. That's why I would hold off and wait before investing all the energy and money. There is so much hype so I would watch and learn, get involved with dogs and people first before attatching myself to a particular "line".

17. TDK

TDK CH Dog Staff Member

I wouldn't even choose a line. I'd choose a good dog with solid background and surrounding, and let that dog make a line by breeding it to an equally the same mate, M or F. I would "Key" on those two dogs both tightly and loosely until I felt I need any additive of any sort. I'd be damned familiar with the additive and expect it to be the same quality as my base dogs. My focus would be gameness more than abilities. Although I want an intensely trying mutt. Game dogs have historically produced the most and the best winners and champions over any other type dog. From all points from the jump and all the way through, my job would be to read and react to each and every generation I see in my dogs. They tell me which to breed.

18. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

I wouldn't pick a line, I would pick a good guy who has a good rep for producing exactly what I'm looking for in a dog. Line of dog would be irrelevant.

19. Rock n Rye

Rock n Rye CH Dog

Excellent explanation, and yes nothing like a Keystone dog (pun intended lol) to have and build around. You know I will be looking how things go and will be riding that bus with you fellas, hopefully.

20. corvettedex

corvettedex CH Dog

Great Post TDK !!!~That's where being ''Gifted'' comes in......That's why, ''IMO'' There has to be that hands on, eyes on, Many years of time, Without losing, ''Patients'' In order to breed better Bulldogs ! However, if a Person lacks these ''Attributes'' They wont be successful ! JMO..........