1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

What line would you choose

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by Indyred, Mar 7, 2014.

1. Dannyb

Dannyb Big Dog

Nobody there disagreed with the written account of the first 5 minutues. Are you the first?

2. TDK

TDK CH Dog Staff Member

"He that bites last, bites hardest"

Most hard mouth dogs maintain their initial level of bite for under a half hour. You often will see a highly talented dog be able to take that dog into another phase of the contest, and in that phase, a talented dog has turned it into a talent and air contest.

It pays, of course, if that talented dog can return some ample fire power during that first 30 minutes. Give or take a few minutes on the average. You'll no longer see hard mouth vs a somewhat lesser mouth. You'll see it turn into an EFFECTIVE mouth contest, and you'll usually see the dog with the better talent and air has that edge because he can use both (talent and air) to both breathe better with his mouth closed and in his "get there" abilities.

Now, nothing is etched in stone nor does it happen every time. I am speaking in general terms and about what can be common flow in a contest....and often is. I'm basically relating this to the comment that dogs that go such and such time, a long contest, aren't doing much of anything and cannot bite. Can it happen that two dogs go for a long period of time because they cannot produce the firepower to get ahead? It surely can, and it does, as I've known of many 2 plus hour waltzes. But my point here is, that just because one goes a long time, it doesn't mean that it was a waltz or slobber fest. Two stand out performers who have multiple wins behind them have met many times, and styles and the ability to negate each others prowess happens often when you're dealing with two great dogs.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2014
  3. bootsbjj

bootsbjj Banned

And to think I almost didn't look at this thread because I thought it would be no good.

Some great posts here, thank you guys for the knowledge.

4. treezpitz

treezpitz CH Dog Staff Member

Yes, good points in this thread!!

5. art

art Big Dog

what ever happin to what ever u see and that u think u can win with

6. keystone

keystone CH Dog

yes the dum dog has a problem if he don't come trough the first 10 minute's sometimes .
    for example if the owner have left to much at home from him .

the smart dog owners are very good in vs other smart to set it up .
    their often not open to the world ......

7. Dannyb

Dannyb Big Dog

Every ability diminishes over time. You deplete anything the more you use it.

8. BLUE8BULL

BLUE8BULL CH Dog

...To be honest TBK,,,there has been some that have/had kept up the pressure way past the half hour,,only if they have a need to...and true their has been some with the ability/intel/wind/etc/...and just a small bit better than average mouth..or even just average,?? that did take it to that level...mmmm...food for taught....????????????????????????

9. Limey kennels

Limey kennels CH Dog

Is this question for you because you whant to start out fooling around with bulldogs..

10. actually peter colby will have a litter soon in july 2014, I am going to import 2 pups to brazil!!!!!!!

11. I like Hall´s dogs with Hammond´s! It´s a really nice croos right there!!!!!!!!! Can´t go wrong with that!!!

12. ziggy311

ziggy311 Big Dog

IF I had to start over again would do like started over the last time. Bloodline didn't matter. Just good dogs & what you like in t he dogs performance. Build your own line from scratch. It never matters what you start with but what you end up with. Line breed on the performance style not what papers or people say a dog should do.