1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

What made you choose the family of dogs you have on the yard?

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by GTB, Jun 21, 2014.

1. GTB

GTB Pup

I'm sort of new to this site and I spoke to a few people on here about this subject and was told some interesting stories about them choosing one (or two) lines of bulldogs to keep. What made you choose yours?

2. GTB

GTB Pup

Let me start by saying I never owned a bulldog from a well known or reputable breeder. I got my start with backyard dogs. I got my first one in the 6th grade and had em ever since. My flavor are the Eli/Bolio type dogs. I like the structure, temperament,and attitudes that come with me. Just mho

3. BLUE8BULL

BLUE8BULL CH Dog

....so ok what made you choose that type/breeding...???

4. BLUE8BULL

BLUE8BULL CH Dog

..sorry did'nt see end...yes good sturcture on some like ya favor...

5. GTB

GTB Pup

What made you choose yours? And to clear things up, I dont have the backyard dogs nomore

6. keystone

keystone CH Dog

he bleu lol ..its about time you giving a disent answer for a change

7. keystone

keystone CH Dog

ok my answer
    i had to choose between a few people ..from whom i could buy ..
    i choose the one ..who asked the most for his pups .....
    like playing on safe lol we can say

8. GTB

GTB Pup

Lol I haven't heard of that theory being used before

9. keystone

keystone CH Dog

wel this theori can happen if your understanding is a big black hole .
    and you have to make a dissicion ...you have to start somewhere .. anyway

10. GTB

GTB Pup

Understandable

11. kitchener

kitchener Pup

Good stuff, Keystone. We all tend to believe 'you get what you pay for" (at least as a place to start), so I appreciate that very honest answer. Trampoline shopping not that long ago, I started with, "what makes this 12' trampoline $500, and that one $200?" A little further digging (reviews), and it's the $500 trampoline that's out back, now. As you go, you learn it isn't always that way, but it's a good place to start.

12. Naustroms

Naustroms CH Dog

My first reasons were the standards of the men who produced the dogs I got. Then the abilities that the dogs showed kept them here. I started off wanting a certain look and style of dog but those original visions eventually weeded themselves out and the dogs that stuck around created a new standard.

13. keystone

keystone CH Dog

when i choose the one i start buying...when look back made the right dission
    hoped of course for the best ....strongest .....no matter what it looked like .
    anyway ......i did not deside after listetening first big stories ..
    have not ask any info on the dogs he owned ....lol ..amazing
    he send and i liked til today ...........

14. keystone

keystone CH Dog

its like.... ok you ask the most of evrybody ...ok i send you money and you show me why you ask the most money (1000$).
    bitch with belly ful 2000$
    later asked him ....why you sold your dogs so cheap .
    he told me ...he you payed the hightest lol

15. GTB

GTB Pup

Fasho. I agree with you on that bruh. I'm thinking tha same is going to happen to me in tha next few years. Let tha bulldogs choose me

16. TDK

TDK CH Dog Staff Member

Simply a process of elimination and good advice as to that process from a few legendary mentors. The most tedious part was to make a good, long lived continuum of those dogs. It still boiled down to selectivity. That never changes.

17. GTB

GTB Pup

Fasho. I agree with that

18. Dorito

Dorito Pup

The dogs made the decision for me.

19. JayW

JayW Big Dog

Having been out hunted by some of what I keep made be appreciate the importance of keeping an open mind, and a working blend. I've never regretted learning.... even when I've insisted on doing it the hard way.

20. TDK

TDK CH Dog Staff Member

Open-mindedness and the fortitude to NOT RESIST avenues and attitudes in learning is quite a virtue, IMO.