1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

What to look for?

Discussion in 'APBT History' started by Doggystyle, Mar 17, 2006.

1. Doggystyle

Doggystyle Big Dog

Between a 2mth old male pup and a 1yr&3mth old female what signs should I look for of dominance? Also what else should I expect? They seem to be playing well or at least getting to know each-other pretty well. I think my girl is just jealous and will take time getting used to having a life-long friend. What do you think?

2. mikefromMD

mikefromMD Top Dog

You must always keep an eye on them, always!

3. Doggystyle

Doggystyle Big Dog

I hope their relationship turns out good.

4. MercedesMama

MercedesMama Guest

Yes, keep a close eye on them. They may seem to get along at first, but things can change quickly. When my female was younger we got a male and at first they got along well, she had even been around him numerous times before, but once she realized he was here to stay she was not happy. She would try to attack him every chance she got. It took like 3 weeks to get her to accept him. Now they're buddies, but you should always be very cautious when introducing a new dog into your home when you have another dog at home already. In the dogs eyes they have established their place in your home and sometimes take offense to a new animal or even a new person. In any case, be careful and good luck.

5. missybee16

missybee16 CH Dog

My female pup is very jealous. Pushes the other dogs away from us, snaps at them. Not a good sign. We're working on that now. Don't ever let a pup or dog, get away with that type of behavior. Leads to fighting later. If that is something that comes up, stop it. Good luck!!

6. lockjaw

lockjaw CH Dog

my male and female get along great..they fight but its more of a growl and wrestle..they dont bite down on each other ..its more of a rahhhh ..sneeze sneeze..rahhh sneeze...just yell at them ..knock it off..works for me.

7. the best thing to do is crate em all when you are gone or cannot supervise them and feed them all seperate give each one equal attention and try to stick to thier pecking order in the way you treat them,like if one of the females is top dog then put her food down first and then so on and so forth.then if you see anything between them that might escalate into a full fledge fight or something stop it before it happens.stick to that and you should be fine.

8. Doggystyle

Doggystyle Big Dog

I think my male pup is starting to test my girl. He will walk under her and then start nipping at her tits and my girl will snap on him. At first he would hide under the bed and bite her ankles, which is pretty funny, but I think my girl hates that the pup tries to hump her which is also understandable b/c she isn't used to that. The pup is now jumping up in her face and looks as if he is trying to wrestle her down. They have gotten serious once, it wasn't long enough for me to have to step in and handle it b/c my girl put him in check pretty quick. I just can't wait until my girl stops smothering him. Her smothering him has decreased alot already. Will it completely stop?