1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

What Traits Make Up Gameness?

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by bounty, Nov 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bounty

bounty Big Dog

Just wondering if anyone out there has ever thought about what individual physical traits "help" to make up gameness/ a game dog. I'm not asking what is gameness, more like, what is it made up of, what are its ingredients? Much like the ingredients of a cake. Relating back to physical traits not breeding/dna or temperament.

2. MrMark

MrMark Big Dog

There isn't any physical traits that make gameness. It has nothing to do with the physical aspect ofthe dog. Gameness is in the mind! If anyone knew what it was...well...that'd be something now, lol.
    ~Mr Mark

3. Jockamoe

Jockamoe Banned

Cropped ears and a fat tail.

4. Mr Mark, you are correct about no physical traits that make up gameness. But, don't you think that gameness also does not reside in the mind but rather it resides in the dogs WILL? What resides in the mind is the dogs intelligence. bounty, There have been previous threads that are informative in identifying some traits that are common in game dogs, for example: a game dog has no reason to bark excessively, will not cower around sudden loud noise but will draw its attention to it, etc...

5. NGK

NGK Top Dog

Sound breeding practices and truthful evaluation of offspring tend to make up gameness far faster than any individual physical traits of the dogs. In some lines certain markers are coupled with gameness so the breeder may recognise those traits and keep certain animals based on these traits but its not fool proof. Gameness is slowly slipping through the cracks in most lines as most don't even have a clue what it is.

NGK

6. crushbones

crushbones CH Dog

I kno plenty of dogs that will scatter around loud noise!!..lol...shittt, I kno some that are shy and will run through a gate trying to get away from a human if they don't kno u but put a dog in they face and their whole demeanor changes to, I don't care about humans around me and I dont care about any loud noises!!..Trust me, their have been game dogs that have displayed these traits!!...dont believe everything u read!..alot of eli dogs are shy dogs but are bulldogs!!...gameness comes from the mind and heart, the will to die then to stop, the will to adure watever pain he suffering to keep coming!!...the shit is rare!!...I wish it was that easy to get but it's not!!...

7. hammer head

hammer head Top Dog

stupid question loaded with tree hugging tendancies......dogmen produce game bulldogs not breeders. Sure there are some that were bred without the box but bet your ass the dogs they used werent from the pound!

Bring your hound down to the woods and see for yourself........otherwise join the line with the rest of the slack jawed wannabe dogmen running curs that should be fertilizer for that tree that you love so much, lol.

For everyone on these forums remember than an honest bulldog is two generations from a cur jumping shit eater.

You wanna know what makes a game dog.........its the dude holding the leash.

YIS

8. Gameness is a trait, it is not made up of any other traits and it is certainly not physical. If you could describe what composes gameness it may be courage, valor, and a never ending will to continue the fight despite all circumstances.

Gameness is not in the head, it is in the heart.

I do not agree that the dogman and not the breeder produce bulldogs. The breeder creates the bulldog when he chooses what to breed. The dogman proves the breeders choices. They can be different people or the same.

I am not so sure these are treehuggers. They sound more like uneducated people with little knowledge and sqewed ideas about what a bulldog is that stems from not ever having any experience with them. I might have asked a similar question around 30 years ago...

9. hammer head

hammer head Top Dog

gringo......most folk in 30 yrs would have a whole bunch of women kids and dogs.

all of which they most likely have lost. lol.

Folks dont learn how to manage their own dick let alone their dogs........pmsl

10. TASOSCHATZ

TASOSCHATZ Big Dog

Gringo
    maybe you should start an epigenetics thread like you did in the past.

11. jaykay

jaykay Big Dog

gameness....... a 3 inch spiked collar and a 32 inch head.lol

12. davidfitness83

davidfitness83 Top Dog

Isn't gameness the override of survival instinct? You can call it heart, but at the end of the day it's an animal that doesn't know how to survive. Every wild animal will avoid a fight that can cause its death, for most the part most animals want to avoid fights unless they are starving or competing to mate. It seems that gameness is kind of like an obsessive compulsive behavior of a dog wanting to kill the other even if it means dying.

According to everyone's opinion you can't measure gameness weight pulling, or hog hunting so this is the only explanation that makes sense to me. A dog that is willing to end its own life to fulfill a behavior.

13. crimsonghost

crimsonghost Top Dog

David that's the dumbest explanation ive ever heard.

14. liquorice kid

liquorice kid Big Dog

David, stick to your Maltese Poodles! yap yap yap yap ! Yap yap yap yap !

15. liquorice kid

liquorice kid Big Dog

David, Youre on Gamedog Forum not how to spank my monkey !

16. benthere

benthere CH Dog Staff Member

there is some truth in your post. gameness is the override of the survival instinct.

17. benthere

benthere CH Dog Staff Member

no, gameness is sort of a compulsive behavior. scratching, going back, going forward.
    most here have not seen gameness and will never understand it.
    its not something you can read about in a stratton article and understand.

18. RRL

RRL Top Dog

Hmmm,I've never heard about this.Could you explain a little more please?

19. RRL

RRL Top Dog

Could it be Instinct?

20. RRL

RRL Top Dog

If it's OCD then we should look for the dog that is chasing his tale in circles all day as a good sign then.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.