1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

What type os Sunglasses do you like for fishing?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by bamaman, May 1, 2015.

1. promoe

promoe Top Dog

still say Maui Jim are superior when it comes to lenses and durability.. Costas are next in line.

2. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

[Qdon't E="promoe, post: 750624, member: 7935"]still say Maui Jim are superior when it comes to lenses and durability.. Costas are next in line.[/QUOTE]
    I dont doubt MJs are better , a little pricier for the most part but i prob will try some MJs when the Costas wear out.I have looked at the MJs and haven't found any frames I like.

3. pitbulld0gs

pitbulld0gs Top Dog Staff Member

That's where i am at with it, the Costas do the job and they are cheaper. When i find something that works for me? I usually don't change it up.

4. promoe

promoe Top Dog

right on ...i have a graveyard of mj's i need to send in to get fixed. lifetime warranty is a bonus...i also agree that MJ's have been a little weak on styles. i still wear my lagoons from 05'. lol. my favorite saying is "everybody fux different" .
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 2, 2016
    oakgrove, niko and bamaman like this.
  5. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Nice Haul !

6. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

niko likes this.
  7. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

I won't be getting the readers though,just the shades.

8. pitbulld0gs

See Promoe, even you still rock the 05's because they are probably great glasses and you like them lol. For me i was find something i like and then the company updates or changes it and i don't like them anymore.

Nice fish btw, rod n reel, long line? or net?

I like those Bama...

We do a lot of catfishin around here...

my fish (5).jpg

my fish (3).jpg my fish (2).jpg cid_Image002.jpg

reddirt redneck and bamaman like this.
  9. pitbulld0gs

Sometimes commercially.. I never got my commercial licence but i helped people who did.

flats.jpg flats1.jpg

10. promoe

promoe Top Dog

thats awesome staffy

pitbulld0gs likes this.
  11. pitbulld0gs

It's nothing but fun and passion, I tend too that with anything i get into and actually have a passion for, i will work at it until i have it masted lol..

12. niko

niko CH Dog

Here in Colorado being so close to the sun you dont want to fish without some good shades and a hat.fishing this week it was 102 out on the water,add a little beer and the sun will sap it out of ya

bamaman likes this.
  13. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

I drink beer and fish but I usually stop and drink some water or a G2 or Powerade Zero.I keep more than just beer in mine.I also keep some food , canned food for emergencies.I have gotten stranded , longest for 3 days .You live and learn lol.Mesquito spray to , I keep a couple cans of that and a few lighters for fire.

niko likes this.
  14. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

I was on the River and went into a creek and it was like a maze and the river rose, shit looks a lot different when the river rises compared to when its lower.I was a lost soul for 3 days.

niko likes this.
  15. niko

niko CH Dog

Smart man Bama:)...ill admit I so bring some water and weed also lol

oakgrove and bamaman like this.
  16. niko

niko CH Dog

I like to wear some deep woods off,but I swear if any of that stuff gets on my line it seems like my bites go way down

17. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

I always spray down when I get out of the truck after I get the boat launched so by the time I get to where I'm going I'm sure its already dried.

niko likes this.
  18. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

I keep it in the boat to , I never noticed anything .Matter of fact I have a buddy that goes with me and he uses a home made mixture Pure Vanilla Extract /Alchahol 50/50.He smells like a frickin cake lol.But that mixture helps with gnats to which is a pain .My Costa glasses works on them , they fit tight but comfortable and keeps gnats out of my eyez.

niko likes this.
  19. niko

niko CH Dog

Interesting mixture bama.All this talk about those Costas makes me wanna get some brotha lol

pitbulld0gs and bamaman like this.
  20. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

I wear mine everywhere which is why I'm gone pick another pair.If I forget them I turn around and go back home to get them.

pitbulld0gs and niko like this.