1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

What's Cookin?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by YellowJohnJocko, Nov 12, 2018.

1. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

Fish & chips , muscles and chowder. Damn it feels good to be a gangster lol
    Screenshot_20230901_174907_Gallery.jpg

2. tomjones2

tomjones2 Big Dog

Damn, that’s me right there! Especially the New England Chowder.
    Winning

3. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

My daughter brought home the Chic-fil-a for dinner tonight. I didn't have to cook it or go get it so it works for me. Lol.

20230901_193807.jpg

We ran to NY earlier today to get some goodies.

White Runtz Moonrocks

20230828_211640.jpg

Couple carts

20230828_212021.jpg

Got to grab the gummies when I go

20230828_211947.jpg

Zookies

20230828_211447.jpg

Gloryhole

20230828_211156.jpg

Michele and Revelator like this.
  4. Revelator

Revelator Big Dog

As a child of Flint Michigan, you grow up eating Coney Dogs. And while many think Coney Dogs originated in Coney Island NY, they actually did not. And whatever you may buy there that is called a Coney Dog, is in fact, nothing like these. These are specific to Michigan, and there are two types, Detroit style and Flint style, and they are very different. Mine of course are the Flint style, since that was home, and the better of the two!

Typically, the dogs are steamed, and are ALWAYS the Koegels brand (which are specific to Flint). Served on a bun, smothered in the coney sauce (the ground meat you see under these) then covered in mustard and fresh chopped onions. I hate onions, so I order mine without.

Brought this stuff back to PA with me last time I was home and it has been in the freezer ever since. So decided to thaw the dogs and the sauce, let the sauce cook in the crockpot all day, then wrapped the dogs in croissants, placed them over a bed of sauce and bake in the over to get the croissants browned. Serve and dress with mustard, and it was like I was a kid again! Screenshot_20230907_181450_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20230907_181505_Gallery.jpg

bamaman, Ssdd, Michele and 1 other person like this.
  5. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

I dig food with a story behind it.

Revelator likes this.
  6. Revelator

Revelator Big Dog

This was always my favorite meal that my mom made. She would do it every year for me. A standing rib roast (bone in prime rib roast), and with the grease trimmings leftover she made yorkshire pudding (the bread style dish), and cauliflower in cream of mushroom soup on the side. She passed the recipe on to my wife, and I now get it about once a decade, lol. Well, tonight was that night. Still as good as I remember! Screenshot_20230909_191424_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20230909_191409_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20230909_191349_Gallery.jpg

BTK1993, david63, AGK and 4 others like this.
  7. Ssdd

Ssdd CH Dog

In the Midwest for a family reunion celebrating my Grandma's 85th birthday last month. Stopped by one of the many Mexican joints that's popped up since I left years ago.

Tacos al pastor, a "blue margarita"(house speciality) and my absolute favorite beer in the world Pacifico.

Attached Files:

ben brockton, Michele, F.W.K. and 2 others like this.
  8. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

Them tacos look fire

Ssdd and Revelator like this.
  9. Ssdd

Ssdd CH Dog

They weren't bad. It was nice to see something besides "white people tacos" in the Midwest. Though they were an option. I got a place back home I go that's legit.

10. Ssdd

Ssdd CH Dog

This is a "hometown" staple called a "horseshoe" it's Texas toast and your choice of meat(the original is a burger patty) topped with fries and covered in cheese sauce. It's absolutely horrible for you but delicious

Attached Files:

BTK1993, AGK and Michele like this.
  11. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

That's something I ain't never seen before. Looks similar to putine they got in the mountains by Canada.

12. Ssdd

Ssdd CH Dog

You make it to central Illinois stop and get one. You'll never look back lol. I'm going to harolds chicken tonight. I'll post pics of real chicken when I do.

ben brockton likes this.
  13. F.W.K.

F.W.K. CH Dog

Now in sunny Spain, and I enjoy the paella and the Estrella beer. One of my favorite countries where you can eat and drink deliciously.

bamaman, ben brockton and Michele like this.
  14. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

Fried hard , salt & pepper with mild/hot sauce lol

15. Ssdd

Ssdd CH Dog

Hot...... EXTRA sauce... them boys got a big ole kick out of me.

Just saying it's the best chicken you can get and I got 6 whole wings, a huge helping of fries, slice of bread and coleslaw for $12.02.... I can't name anyplace else u get fresh fried for u chicken that cheap. And damn sure not this good.

Attached Files:

AGK, BTK1993 and Revelator like this.
  16. Ssdd

Ssdd CH Dog

Beef head, al pastor, chorizo, and Carne assada tacos tonight

Attached Files:

ben brockton, AGK and Revelator like this.
  17. Revelator

Revelator Big Dog

Holy shit... I went from living in the land of mexican food to moving to PA and have no mexican food within an hour in any direction. I'm just about desperate enough to motorboat that picture.

Ssdd and Michele like this.
  18. Ssdd

Ssdd CH Dog

These were WAY better than the other ones earlier this week. Back home there's only a couple places with REAL tacos. Everyone thinks a taco is hamburger on a flour tortilla covered in cheddar cheese and sour cream lol.

ben brockton and Revelator like this.
  19. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Man we got 3 or 4 of those Mexican and I don't fuck with none of them, Chinese either. I like Taco Bell

20. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Ive tried every one of these joints around here and all them made me sick. I have a old Mexican lady that lives down the road and she cooks for me all the time and it doesn't bother me. I've been to Mexico and food is good and doesn't bother me but these dam local places here I can't fuck with. I dam sho lobe Yaco Bell but closest one 30 miles away. This Mexican lady down here can throw down to.