1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

What's Cookin?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by YellowJohnJocko, Nov 12, 2018.

1. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Smoking a But as we speak

AGK likes this.
  2. slim12

slim12 Super Moderator Staff Member

I smoked butts yesterday. I took the picture of the barrel with coals dropping, then took the picture of the grill. Then totally forgot to take pics of the butts when they came off. LOL

S

Attached Files:

AGK, Pullingcovers and bamaman like this.
  3. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

What better way to start the day,

Blueberry Pancakes and bunts of Khalifa Kush.

20240601_112617.jpg

bamaman likes this.
  4. AGK

Dinner from the Rib Festival that is going on this weekend here. These people are from TX but I'm such a burn out I don't remember the name. Was lightning BBQ from Austin Tx. It wasn't bad. The beans were fire. The coleslaw was mediocre, the cornbread was OK but I feel mine tastes better and the Brisket was good but oddly enough I think Federal Smokehouse here has a better Brisket as strange as that might sound. Seeing as the north isn't known for it's BBQ and all. All in all though, it was worth the price and experience to acquire it.

20240601_163921.jpg

Ssdd likes this.
  5. AGK

T-bone on the grill, warm cinnamon apples and macaroni salad.

20240604_183242.jpg

Michele likes this.
  6. Ssdd

Ssdd CH Dog

Pork butt just hit the smoker for tomorrow

Attached Files:

Michele and AGK like this.
  7. Ssdd

Ssdd CH Dog

13.5 hours at 220.... pulled at 200 I'll let it rest an hour or so and shred it. I'll post those pics also

Attached Files:

BTK1993, AGK and Michele like this.
  8. Michele

Michele CH Dog Super Moderator

I was in Atlanta last week. I was supposed to meet @Vicki but ended up getting a bad stomach virus. A few days before I got sick, I went to one of my favorite places that makes the best pizza I ever had:

upload_2024-6-5_12-15-39.png

AGK likes this.
  9. Ssdd

Ssdd CH Dog

Juicy, hood bark, decent smoke ring. Can't complain

Attached Files:

BTK1993, Michele and AGK like this.
  10. AGK

Ending my evening with a perfectly done NY Strip with a side of Jasmine rice.

Grandaddy purp in Penny.

20240611_201114.jpg

Michele likes this.
  11. slim12

slim12 Super Moderator Staff Member

Just meats. I'm trying the carnivore diet. I lost 30 pounds in 32 days. Now hovering around 28 the last few days. It is much easier than I thought. So far so good.

I'm not one to preach to another but a couple things have happened that if someone posted the same thing I would be highly doubtful. I read and watched a lot of the anti-inflammation information. I took it with a grain of salt. I have an auto-immune disease that has left scar tissue on the base of my neck and the upper part of my spine. (on the nerve sheaths-myelitis). It takes a partial round of prednisone once or twice a month, especially coming off a string of 12-14 hour nights. I pulled 6 12's and three or four days later realized I didn't need the prednisone.

I ground up about ten pounds of burger yesterday and added a boat load of fat to it. Eating like a horse as well. So far I am digging the change. Time will tell how long it lasts. But, over here, "what's cooking" is the meats. LOL

S

So, IMG_1308.jpg

Ssdd, Michele and AGK like this.
  12. AGK

Pad Thai Stir fry with my own twist to it..
    First time making it. It was so good though even Penny was shocked! :))

20240614_183750.jpg

Michele likes this.
  13. Ssdd

Ssdd CH Dog

While sipping that get knocked out by Tyson juice lol

AGK likes this.
  14. AGK

It tastes like a medicine that I just can't quite put my finger on. Very unpleasant. My daughter gets it and it was just sitting there so I drank it. It's definitely not something I'd drink regularly. I thought it'd be like Gatorade. It's definitely different.

15. Ssdd

Ssdd CH Dog

We're in free Popsicles and $.30 20 oz water out the vending machine time of year... I just had to poke fun at the Paul bros....

AGK likes this.