1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

whats everyone up to this Friday evening?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by bamaman, Oct 11, 2013.

1. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Sittin on my front porch lookin across the big cow pasture can see for a mile.Got it all to myself right now which is unusual but peacefull.Just opened my first beer and got some old songs playin on the radio good way to end the week.Not even eatin supper dont want to waste this beautiful evening.What yall up to?

2. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

One of the reasons i sit here in the evening is I got a family of hawks here and I sit here in the evening and watch them hunt .Over 20 yrs ago when I got my first 2 Jack Russells when they got about 6 months I built them a nice pen.A hawk will kill small dogs and things they cant carry off they will land beside it and peck it and claw it to death then eat it.Well thats until they trief a jack russell lol.I had one try it and it was his last mistake.I never had another hawk try it.But I love watching hawks hunt.

3. ursaminor

ursaminor Top Dog

Sounds peaceful man enjoy.

4. St. Ides

St. Ides Big Dog

Got the weekend off work. w00t! Just sitting here, adding up points to see how close to CH I am in the ring. lol...eventful, huh. Local HS is right down the street having the ''game of the night'' and I can hear the announcer. Wife picked me up a 5th of Evan Williams and is in the shower. So far, I like where that is heading. lol....

5. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

lmao I like that St Ides...thats a good deal bro.

6. treezpitz

treezpitz CH Dog Staff Member

Real exciting over here as always (sarcasm). Just got back from 3.25 mile walk w the ol lady and a dog. Got one rolled up and just grabbed my lighter.....

7. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

lol dam Tree I like yo style man..

8. treezpitz

I didn't give myself the name big treez....many years put into earning the name lol heck, I'm jealous of you, sitting back watching mother nature. Doesn't get any better than peace n quiet n good ol mother nature. O yea, and some sour as well. lol

9. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Tree I aint got it no better than anyone else on this site.Life is what you nake it man.

10. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

I did mean life is what you make it lol...I got a small ass keyboard on my old ass phone that sucks lol.

11. treezpitz

No, I hear ya on that. I just meant location wise...I'd rather be in a location where I could sit n watch hawks hunt. lol I'm in the city so I dream about finding a house out in the country so I can sit back n enjoy mother nature. Shit, I can't even see the stars here in the city so, yea, I'm jealous lol

12. treezpitz

lol and I know all about hitting wrong keys on phone, usually I just leave it and let the person figure what I meant lol

13. old goat

old goat CH Dog

haha hold on everyone ST. ides is'nt at least watching the water run lol . and he could of at least took some pictures for the hot chick thread .

14. Jdll13

Jdll13 Big Dog

Reading this and your second post make me wish I lived in the countryside

15. 209 OTC

209 OTC Pup

Watching a movie and siping on glass of Red Moscato. I went to the shooting range earlier and ran two boxes through my Nighthawk.

16. bgblok68

bgblok68 CH Dog

Bamaman sounds like a good evening. I sit here on the back porch looking out over the dogs, the pond, the pasture field and woods. Coolest thing I've seen is a red tail hawk come down over the pond, dissapear behind the bank and come out the other side with about a 3-4 lb bass in its claws. It was like watching Marty Stouffer. lol Use to listen to the owls, whippoorwills and a chorus of bull frogs. The whippoorwills have been crowded out by man. In the dead of winter an occasional owl will sound off. Now one or two frogs during the summer is all thats to be heard. I've been here most all of my life but hitting the smoke and shine makes me wonder if I shouldnt do like the animals and look for a less populated place.

17. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

man I dont have any owls.my dad lives 2 miles down the road and he got one that stays in his yard all the time.But i got dove,quail,mockingbirds,hawks the ocasinal blue jay and cardinal.And i got some small finch looking birds.I am considering raising Quail so we will see.I got a good population here of quail.Thats some dam fine eating dove is to..But if I sit on my back porch all I see is pine trees lol but I planted them on the north side and west side boundaries of my property.I do see some deer and turkey and I got a shit load of rabbits.I see ducks and geese to thier is a pond there ,cant see it though but i see the ducks and geese headed that way from time to time.Yrs ago thier was a female panther she would give birth back there you couldnt get too close but you could watch the babies play with some binoculars.Now there s a site.And I got grey foxes and red and I love to watch them also..Funny.I tell you a dam fox can move.I was hunting yrs ago and I sat down under a tree to rest for a bit and to the right of me was a dead tree that was leaning against another tree.I caught a glimpse of something out of the corner of my eye and it was that female panther walkin down that dead tree to the ground.Almost shit myself lol no wonder I didnt see no deer or turkey that day.

18. ursaminor

ursaminor Top Dog

Damn dude yoy got the whole san diego zoo down there. When I sit on the back porch all I see is rats at night and squirrels in the morning sigh..

19. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

A Panther will travel 60 miles a day.So they dont stick around unless they have young.But they always come back through and usually pretty noisy when they do.The young has stalked me more than once they just practicing scared me the first time they did it.And yea faster u run faster they run lol so i dont run you hardly ever catch a glimpse of them.But they will stalk you for miles .First time they did it I was fishing back there walkin the creek,no gun and I was walkin back home and realized I was being followed.I would stop and they would stop ,i walk fast they walk fast,i slow down they slow down,I run they run..Just toying with me the whole time ,scared the crap out of me though.So i have had that happen 4 times.Never had the adults do it always the young ones.You spend enough time in the woods over the years I saw some pretty crazy shit.

20. treezpitz

Yea, Im with you on that one ursa....I get an occasional squirrel, bird or stray dog/dogs but mostly dopefiends and drunks walking in my neck of the woods. Trying to find a country home at the moment but they're hard to find for me.