1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Whats the Temp??

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by bamaman, Oct 26, 2013.

1. treezpitz

treezpitz CH Dog Staff Member

lol gotta hate that shit! so did the dogs lol

2. keystone

keystone CH Dog

We hear about your weather over there lol
    20 obove zero 35 under zero
    this erea also strange springtime instead of winter .
    Hope keeps like that
    knock on wood

3. corvettedex

corvettedex CH Dog

Good morning, Its no secret that the lower 48 states are going to be freezing...Low here tonight is 15 with 20-30 mile an hour winds.
    I have got the bulldogs houses in good shape for this cold... I sure hope the best for all of you ! Take care, God bless.....Dex :coffee:

4. treezpitz

Buuuuurrrr!!! It's 15 degrees right now, don't know what it is with windchill. My 2 dogs were brought in lastnight because I'm just getting them used to being in this cold and I didn't want to walk out to frozen dogs this morning. I hate this cold!!!

5. bootsbjj

bootsbjj Banned

Just went for a walk in a t-shirt. Supposed to freeze tonight, though. Weather's been crazy last couple weeks, going from 70 to 25-30 overnight.

6. Louis Cypher

Louis Cypher Big Dog

Currently it is -12 and wind chill is -35. Tonight it is supposed to be -17 with wind chills around -45 to -50. Not good. And we just had 11 inches of snow dumped on us yesterday to boot. Some are without electricity here. Take care everyone, and keep a good thought for all those less fortunate....both man and beast. This is killer weather, literally:(

7. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

It is just starting to come thru my area now, its currently 0 degrees out and by tonight are expecting the same scenario -25 to -40 degrees, I'm getting ready now and bring them inside until Wednesday. By Thursday its suppose to be up to the 40's again. Better safe than sorry I suppose..

8. treezpitz

If you got the room, I wouldn't hesitate AGK. Always better safe than sorry.

9. Louis Cypher

Louis Cypher Big Dog

Sounds like some "family" time is in order....blanket, popcorn, good movie, and couple of dogs....not a bad time LOL

10. AGK

They already indoors, bathed and enjoying the high life. The bitches aren't too happy about it but the boys don't seem to care. lol

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. AGK

Some times, I wish they could just all get a long but then I think, Naaaa. :lol:

12. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Man its suppose to be like 15 degrees here in the morning and back in the 70s here on Saturday..I got a couple thats gone stay inside tonight.They 2 brothers and last time i had em together they still got along so we will see.

13. AGK

I've stopped even trying it anymore, after my 2 girls pass (they are the only ones I have ever owned that I have been successful at raising them together constantly, It's not unusual for me to leave the house for a few with them 2 out running together loose in the house. I wont be doing it anymore though when they are gone other than with pups up to a year, I don't enjoy cleaning them up when they decide I don't wanna play anymore. :lol:

14. 87buick

87buick Top Dog

Holy shit he matches the carpet, AGK you sure your not a stylist! lol

15. AGK

I have ocd with order,. everything in it's place and everything must match, My dr has always wanted me to take meds for it but the way I see it, I'm clean and orderly and I don't look at that as an issue, other than when things are out of order lmao. Other people view it as an issue so I have learned to deal with it pretty well on my own.. I don't want their drugs, for what? so I can accept disorder and chaos or my shit being messy, no sir my parents raised me better than that :lol: Plus, it's selective. I only do it where I live and where I work. My areas are always impeccable dogs areas too and it takes all my stress away when it is. However if I went to someone else's house and they lived like what I would call a damn slob it wouldn't bother me a bit since I don't live there or work there. I'm an oddball what can I say. ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2014
  16. AGK

Take for instance when I re looked at that picture of Charlie, next to my couch and inbetween my video cabinet, I seen a cord not running along the floor under the carpet where it belongs, hidden (there on my white baseboard) I stopped posting and went and fixed it because it will bother me until I do it. lol crazy huh... In my profession, I am surrounded by and always touching things that come in contact with some of the nastiest germs/viruses/Prions/Fungi we know of medically, sharps like scaple blades, suture needles, retractors etc of all kinds used in a trauma center/O.R. or any other place that does procedures in the healthcare system. If it comes out a humans body, it's been on my gloves or any of the other 4 or 5 PPE I wear so that shit don't get on me and the longer I did this job, the worse my obsession became. I spend hours cleaning at home, it's nuts.

17. 87buick

87buick Top Dog

Im like that with the back yard, that fuckers always got to be impeccable. Now the house I try my best, we work crazy hours and my Toddler has toys every were.
    I never give my neighbors anything to talk about, they love the way I keep that yard and animals.

18. AGK

lmao, I used to/still do drive my kids nuts with it, you don't want to have a dirty room in my home and both my brats will attest to that lol. My backyard is always well kept and out of all my neighbors sight for the most part. But they are simpleton assholes that if the wife next door to me gives me one more dirty look while I am out back or front for that matter, I'm going to have my yard bitch stomp her ass. If they don't like the breed of dog I own that they cant even see they can fucking move since I own my home and they rent, I hate to be like that but when your nice to people and they either ignore you or give you dirty looks and run their mouth it changes my personality drastically lol. My other neighbor on the other side of me is cool as shit. no one lives behind me. I just mind my business and keep my shit straight, not for my neighbors but for me.. ;)

19. 305APBT

305APBT Big Dog

Glad to hear some of you guys bringing your dogs in if you just have a few. I'm interested in knowing how warm a well insulated dog house with straw stays from the dogs heat. Anyone have any temp readings when it's is 0+/- out? Anyone run heaters on their houses?

20. treezpitz

305, I'm in TX so we don't get that cold but right now it's really cold for here. My dogs are young and they're not used to the cold yet so right now they're outside during the day and I bring them in inside if it gets below freezing. From the readings I get from the temp sensor in their houses it's usually 10-15 degrees warmer in their house then outside. It does get a little warmer if they're in there for a long period without coming out. Today it was 16 outside when I put them out there this morning and when they got settled in their houses I noticed the temps get up to 40-43 and it was still 19 outside.