1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

What's your dog's job?

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by BlazesPapa, Jan 21, 2006.

1. Stillwater

Stillwater Top Dog

All my dogs are raised, trained, and active in Hunting activities(Hog and coyote mainly), and catch livestock on the farm.

My dogs are also trained and compete in working events such as Wt. Pull, Treadmill Races and Hang-Time events.

Below is a picture of my Velma gyp(Colby/Tab). She is 18 mths now and is used to catch and hold 50lb-150lb pigs.
    These dogs make handling, loading, and managing livestock sooooo much easier.

You can see a few more of my dogs in action at, www.stillwaterkennels.com

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2006
  2. SEAL

SEAL CH Dog

you link is wront still you got to many Es in it.....

3. Diesel

Diesel Top Dog

I think is a phenominal duty.
    I believe dogs read people very well. there are some people that they just do not like, and I trust my dogs judges of character. If my dog doesnt like you, i I dont either. I have had people with legitimate reasons walk up to the house and not so much as elicit a grumble from Diesel. I have had others set him off on sight.

I don encourage aggression as you all know how i feel about that topic... its a bluff. If you are acting in a shifty way, nervouse and figity, there is a reason for it... does that make sense. if your sneaking around and acting iffy, he is going to see it and react... and he should. Even if it really is a bad guy if he were to start baby talking to diesel he would get right in, but the average person doent think that way, big scary dog.. move on to easier pickings.... just the way I like it.
    If you walk right up relaxed, ad confident... he is happy as hell to see you, but if someone is trying to do something illegal... how are they acting most times?
    its a great duty.

4. SEAL

SEAL CH Dog

i agree with diesel its something im starting to see more in my pup he wont do anything but sit at the door if its someone he knows or a friend of mine but if its a stranger or someone out there making noise hes barking his lil head off. its the doggy sense. i would never encourage agressive behavior but having a weary dog is not all that bad in my mind. course if you have a treat or a tug rope its like having a key to the door lmao.

5. Diesel

Diesel Top Dog

LOL!!!! Thats exactly how my dogs are.

Dog: GRRRRRR....
    stranger: (baby talk) Hey pup! whos a big man?
    Dog: come on in, pet me on the way, the good stuffs in the big door on the end, while your up grab some of them treats off the counter and toss em on down.

typical.....

6. SLICK WILLIE

SLICK WILLIE Guest

Proven to eat, sleep, breed and leave behind large piles of crap for me to pick up! Other than that just being a big ham on the chain. I like to take them off the chain and walk them just to see how stupid they act. Its like they are having a birthday when you do this. Same when I give them some fresh straw or hay, they think its a gift! They act like idiots for a few days and go back to being lazy!

7. Norvell57

Norvell57 Top Dog

sitting in the yard looking good, or keeping the passenger seat warm in my truck